Kippers_Memory
On June 29th my family and I had to make the worst decision of our lives. We let our furbaby finally get a peaceful rest. It's been 3 days today and I swear I think this is the hardest loss I've ever dealt with. I had my baby since 2002. I spent my whole teenage years and twenties with my boy. It's just so hard not to see or be with him anymore. I've cried for 3 whole days just missing him, feeling regret and guilt. Will this ever go away? Is this normal to be this destroyed over a pet? I have another little cat I adopted back in April, and she reminds me so much of Kipper, so it's kinda comforting in a way like he's living on through her with me? But I feel guilty for loving and taking care of another cat that isn't him? Did he sense I had another animal in my home when I'd go visit him at my mom's and he felt replaced? All these things run all through my mind as I sit and thinking about him in the last months of his life. Maybe I'm just grieving terribly for him? I will always love my baby. It's heart breaking and my heart is so broken.
Kipper Patrick
Resting Peacefully since 6/29/2018
Till we meet again
Quote 0 0
Nancyj
Oh...I am so sorry for your loss and I'm glad you came here to tell us about it.  There are many wonderful people on this site that can help you.  Your Kipper looks a like a wonderful boy and I'd love to hug him.  He looks a lot like my Timmer. I lost Timmer in January and I still mourn him.  He was my soulmate.  No one will ever match him for me.

Yes, things do get a little easier but my gosh, for you it's so soon.   You will just need to process this. Cry whenever you want to  and know that grief comes in waves.  One minute you think you are going to stop crying and the next minute here come the tears and it feels like your heart is breaking.  Even last month I went through a terrible patch of tears and sadness.  What you feel is very normal.  
Eventually you might find everyone thinks you should be over it, and you aren't.  That's normal too.  And that's where coming to a site like this one can help you because we get it.  
I'm glad you do have another kitty to focus on and love.  That will help you some.  For sure.  
One thing that helped me in my grief was journaling.  Just writing things  down about Timmer so I wouldn't forget those special things about him that I loved.  
It's hard.  Again, my condolences. 
God bless you. 
Nancy
Quote 0 0
Ginger4256
I am very very sorry for your loss.
Please keep coming to the forum. It will help you having all of us here who understand.
What you are going through is very normal. We've all been through it and are still going through it grieving for our babies.
Remember how much your baby loves you and your precious memories.
I wish you peace dear
Boo' s mommy
Quote 0 0
TobiasMan
Hi, I am so sorry to hear about Kipper's passing. I too just had to say goodbye to my sweet cat Toby, who I'd had since I was 20. We spent 15 years together and both grew so much in that time. It seems particularly hard to lose pets that are with us through those huge transitional periods, from childhood to teenage years to early adulthood and beyond. Such tumultuous times, and sometimes our furry friends are the only ones who can provide us unconditional love in a harsh world.

Please try not to feel guilty about your decision or about having another cat. It sounds like Kipper knew he was so loved, and making this decision, though unbearable for us humans, is truly humane for our friends.

Yes, it is normal to be this devastated. Pets are our companions, our charges, our friends and part of our families. Losing them leaves a huge void in our lives. All we can do is share our grief, take life as slowly as possible in these early days after saying goodbye, and be kind to ourselves. You are entitled to feel this way. It's just a reflection of how deeply you loved Kipper.

Wishing you peace in the coming days. We're here for you.

Katie
"How it is that animals understand things I do not know, but it is certain that they do understand. Perhaps there is a language which is not made of words and everything in the world understands it. Perhaps there is a soul hidden in everything and it can always speak, without even making a sound, to another soul." ― Frances Hodgson Burnett
Quote 0 0
Kippers_Memory
Thank you guys so much. My mom and I are having him creamated tomorrow so we can have him with us all the time. I find comfort in knowing he'll always be right with us now instead of outside (which he NEVER was outside because he was so pampered lol), I think that is a lot of why I cry for him too. I know it's just his little body but still the thought hurts me knowing he's out there by himself.

I moved and let my mom and grandma keep him. Even though Kipper was my boy kitty, my mom took so much care of him, spoiled him, even spoon fed him a lot of the time. He became so attached to her so I know this has got to be hurting her worse than it does me. He depended on her and only she could calm him when he got anxiety and stuff. So knowing his ashes are near may help her cope and not feel so lost without him.

My wife has found on Etsy where you can get pillows made of a pet that is their whole outline and image, and she's getting my mom and I them so we can hug on him whenever we wanted. Just to always see his big, goofy face all the time. It's just things like this that may make things easier to accept.

I am so thankful my mom showed me this site to come to now. To be able to talk about our baby and just tell stories about his life to anyone who wants to read. Everyone who got the pleasure to meet him always fell in love with him. He wants always the nicest, and liked to bite people lol, but he loved being center of everyone attention and loved on when he wanted love. Their will never be one like him, definitely one of a kind.

I am hurting for all you who lost your babies. At least they know each other in Heaven, having a ball and healthy together. Their happy, healthy and peaceful. That's how I like to think of all the furbabies. Their our little angels until we're with them again.

God Bless and love to you all.
Kipper Patrick
Till we meet again
Quote 0 0
Kippers_Memory
Today we got Kipper cremated. Now our boy will be back in his home safe and cool. I hated knowing he was out in the back yard. In 16 years he never touched grass, dirt or anything outdoors beside when I'd hold him on the porch.

He spent 4 nights out there. I think that's what really hurt me the most. To us, Kipper was better than just being placed in the ground. Then, I'd lay awake at night and just wonder what would happen if we moved out of state and he was left with a whole new family or whoever would buy our home didn't respect his grave? Oh god, it scared me to death! I'd cry just thinking about all that and I couldn't bare it!

So, boy got himself a nice wooden box to be safe and sound in for the rest of time. He deserves that from us I believe.

I know all these wild and out there thoughts are apart of my grievance for him. I know his precious soul already in heaven and all that's left here is a shell of a body, but his body still means a lot to me and I just wanna make sure he's protected and safe with us.

For those who believe in prayer, please pray for me. Pray I find comfort in this whole situation. Pray for my mind that I come to ease instead of beating myself up for everything that's transpired. And if you don't pray, just send me peace and good vibes to comfort my broken heart. I'd appreciate it more than you know.

Take care.
Kipper Patrick
Till we meet again
Quote 0 0