RedboneMom Show full post »
RedboneMom
Remeymylove wrote:
I am so sorry for your loss. I just lost my golden retriever yesterday...very similar experience...few weeks ago Remey had a bad day of vomiting...better the next day..then Sunday January 7 he had another rough day...we also thought upset tummy...rehashed everything he had eaten etc....Monday not better so into town to the vet...check up....shot for tummy, pills, special canned food...and by Tuesday he was his old self... Yesterday he was normal til 8 am...then started feeling bad...back to the vet...blood work showed multiple problems. X-rays showed the heart being compressed by liquid... He fainted and was out for a moment..vet put him on oxygen and we started the process of getting him set to go to the nearest vet that could do a ultrasound and needle draining....sad to say he crashed within five minutes and they couldn't resuscitate him. Poor baby was eight. I am also wondering what I could have done differently. I so wish that I could go back in time and treasure him more. So sad they can't stay here as long as we do. Your Anne was blessed to have time with you. I think what I am trying to say is you didn't let anyone down..you did the best you could. Going to the vet doesn't guarantee all will be better.....please be kind to yourself and cherish old an beau and your family. Your little Anne was loved.
Quote 0 0
RedboneMom
Oh no, I'm saddened for the loss of your Remey! Losing our sweet babies is the hardest part of loving them, but knowing we will be reunited with them for all eternity makes this pain a little more bearable. 
Quote 0 0
RedboneMom
Avabear wrote:
Redbonemom, I just read your story I feel your pain I have been going over and over things in my head like in the period between Christmas and new year we had some snow here during the night, Ava was quite unsettled and in the end went out and led in the snow panting, now she is a very hot dog most of the time I have a blanket and a hot water bottle rather than putting the heating on because she gets so hot and she does sit out in the snow on the rare times we get it here so althoug she didn;t seem quite herself and wouldn't have normally got me up during the night I didn't take her to the vets but now I look back at the way she was when she collapsed on Friday and wonder if it was the same thing, the vet said she didn't think so because ruptures happen suddenly and are usually fatal if not treated. but this is the problem with not being able to sleep your mind goes to all the places that are no good :(  So I have been in a dispute with royal mail over some ear medication I had ordered for Ava back at the begining of November, she had a recurrent ear infection that only seemed to get better by this one type of treatment.  Her ears were really bad and she was clearly in pain with them so I placed the order for next day delivery, needless to say it didn't come and infact is still missing Royal Mail lost it.  I eventually got the medication from another seller but that meant tha Ava suffered with a terrible ear infection for longer than she needed to because of this delay.  I have been emailing both the seller and Royal mail while I can't sleep to try to get this sorted before she passes because I know this will destroy me after she has gone but I just feel immense guilt for her suffering and anger at both myself and Royal Mail .  I know this is all very normal and part of the grief cycle but I'm really struggling with my emotions.  I also feel bad because Ava has a bed in the corner of the living room where we both sleep, it's a little snugg of blankets rather than a bed because she's so big she never fitted in a dog bed.  However since she came home after surgery she was unable to get into her bed because she was so unsteady on her feet she just flopped on the floor, by the next morning I took her top blanket out of her snugg and laid it on the floor, she went straight and led on it, since then I have moved the same blanket to different parts of the living room ie away from the fire because she was getting to hot away from one side of the living room because it disturbed her everytime I went to the kitchen, the thing I never realised until now is how attached she is to this particular blanket, no mater where I put it she goes and lies on it, she is now well enough to go back to her bed in the snugg courner. So of course now I torturing myself that maybe she has never liked her bed and why didn't I know how attached she was to this particular blanket.  She has just came and given me a big wet sloppy kiss as I'm writting this because she has just finished the food in her bowl which is the first time she has done this since she became ill.  One of our

little 'things' is that whenever she has her food, she always gets a treat when she finshes so she has come to get me so she can have her treat. which is so bittersweet.  I'm happy she is feeling better and eating again but it also brings it home to me that it's these kinds of things that I will miss, the little habits and funny ways we have developed over the years which are different to my other dog because they all have their own quirks x

Quote 0 0
RedboneMom
I'm praying for a miracle for Ava. But when her time comes please know that lil'Anne will be waiting for her and help her across the bridge.  Blessing to your for comfort during the difficult time with Ava!
Quote 0 0
RedboneMom
Baby girl, we miss you so very much.  Only 6 days have passed since you left and it seems like an eternity and 5 minutes ago at the same time.  Daddy went to be with you yesterday to say goodbye before your earthly body leaves us. We are anxious to have you back home with us to give us some measure of comfort.  While we know you left for the bridge as you took your last breath having some part of you will be our salvation for now.  Our house is so very quiet without your constantly talking to us to clean the litter box, go outside or to protect us from those very dangerous UPS men.  Ol'DanBeau is so sad without you and is by daddy's side every minute of the day that he's home.  Daddy still cannot sit in the recliner that you and him sat in while he played his game.  Please send some love and peace to his heart because he is so very sad without his NinnyBear him.  I love you and miss you BearCub <3
Quote 0 0
Remeymylove
Such sad times for those who give their hearts over completely to our fur babies. The memories of little things...the special toys, cute expressions, everyday routines come upon us suddenly and literally take our breath away with pain. I once read that the pain we feel at the loss of our beloved pets is price we pay for having their love. To me the love Remey gave was priceless. We all need comfort and peace....and the promise we will be united. My prayers go out for Ava, may a miracle lift her up. For Anne's family I pray for comfort and love. Remey's mom bobbi
Quote 0 0
Avabear
Redbonemum, thank you that does give me comfort to think she will have friends when she leaves me, I can't bare to think of her being alone and lonely.  Thought of her having friends like lil' Anne to romp around with does bring me some comfort, she looks like such a sweet girl, I'm sure she would get on very well with Ava.
Avabears mummy

'It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.' Anon

Quote 0 0