Forum

Author   Comment  
hobo

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,
I have a 13 year old cat who has been with me for 12 years. He is in severe renal failure. I know it is time to take him to the vet to say goodbye, but I'm crying so much I can't even make the call. I wanted to wait till tomorrow so our regular vet could do the procedure, but he just looks so miserable. He's been hiding in our closet for 18 hours now, won't eat, won't use the litter box, etc. Last night before he went in the closet he approached me to cuddle (he hadn't done that in days), did lots of purring and snuggling with me, and then went in and hasn't come out. Whenever I go in to check on him he gives the most plaintive meow. I hate the thought of taking him to the emergency vet, where we don't know anyone, but how can I let him keep suffering due to my own preferences? And how do I make that call for the appointment? My husband is out of town and won't be back until after 8pm, so I have to do this on my own.
thanks so much...

hobo

Reply with quote  #2 
ok, I just stopped crying long enough to make the appointment. I'm taking him in half an hour. There's no point in extending it any longer.
glenys007

Reply with quote  #3 
I think you are doing   the right thing for both of you!!  I just lost my dog 2 days ago so I understand your pain.  Just know your little kitten will be in a better place then right now.....

If you need to talk you can reach out to me

Glenys 
hobo

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you Glenys. I just got back from the emergency vet. They were very sweet to me and Hobo, and he went peacefully and quickly. I think it was the right thing, even though it was very hard...

~Lisa

pollypurebred

Reply with quote  #5 
I know how hard that was, it has not been that long since I made the decision to put our Sweet girl down.

Praying for you tonight,
Polly
nicokudo

Reply with quote  #6 
Lisa,

I know in my heart that you did the right thing.  My precious Nico died of end stage chronic renal failure and he had all the symptoms you are describing.  Bless you for having the courage to end Hobo's suffering and give him a boost on his journey.  I know that you are feeling numb and lost now, but you did the right thing.  

glenys007

Reply with quote  #7 
Hey Lisa,

Know in your heart u did the right thing......I posted a new posting about my loss...

Glenys
jasminesmom

Reply with quote  #8 
Lisa,

It is a difficult decision to make to help our beloved furbabies to The Bridge. Your heart tells you no but in your mind and Hobo tells you its time.

But realize that he is at peace, free from pain. Hobo is watching over you from The Bridge.

You are in my thoughts and prayers,

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine

Attached Images
jpeg Jasmine's_Last_Day.jpg (427.69 KB, 3 views)

Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.