Blossom_

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 3.39.01 AM.png   
I had lost my older brother in a car accident almost ten years ago. I withdraw from the world.  My twin sister wanted to help me and took me to the animals’ shelter where I met blossom.

We went to three different animal shelters. The first two were going through cleaning and we were unable to see any dogs. I had a job interview, so I told my sister that the world does not want me to have a dog. I went to the interview and nailed it. My sister said we should celebrate and just look at one more shelter. I agree and we went to the city animal shelter. My sisters walk up and down the cages and ask each dog “who want to come home?” My sister stood in front of a cage that held 6 small dogs. This small white dog for the back of the cage push her way to the front and lick my sister foot. We decided Blossom picks us and that we were going to give her an amazing home. The woman at the front desk was confused at the fact that we did not want to meet the dog. The woman said you don’t know the dog temperament, this dog was surrender three times and lastly you know all dogs are neuter so you cannot get any puppy from her. I told the woman the dog picked us and we did not need to meet her.

Blossom was so perfect. My family kept saying I got lucky. A year into having Blossoms she started having some issue when we went on our walk. I took Blossom to the vet. The vet said she has degenerative disc disease. Because of the disease we changed our whole lives with Blossom. My sister and I decided to go traveling with Blossom around the state to visits at much trails as possible with Blossom. Blossom enjoyed being on the round and love going on different trials. 

On June 17th, I woke up Blossom to get her ready to visit my dad. I kissed her on the head and she began to scream. This was so unlike her I called the vet right away. They said they could see me on Friday the 22nd.  I woke up on Monday 18th, and Blossom was not in her bed. I look under my sister bed and she was lying there. She would not move. I moved the bed and started to hold her she had no feeling in her back legs. I called the vet and they told me to go see them as soon as possible. The vet stated that she lost all feeling to her back leg and that she would need to get a $10,000 surgery. I told the vet we could not afford to get her surgery. The vet stated that she may never be able to walk again and that we might need to think of other option. I told the vet we can get her a dog wheelchair and we can adjust. The doctor gave Blossom pain meds and put her on a crate restriction. That whole week my sister and I took Blossom back and forth to the vet. On Sunday morning 24th, was seem to be doing so much better. She was not crying and she seemed like she was not in pain. I told my sister I would make us all breakfast if she plays with Blossom. Within 5 minutes of cooking my sister calls me over because Blossom is making a strange sound. I go over there and Blossom gives my sister and me the biggest smile and goes limp. Blossom then stops breathing. I called Blossom name over and over. My sister called the animal hospital and me and my sister arrived there within 10 minutes. The staff did CPR on Blossom. They pulled us into another room and stated that she didn’t make it. 

I just can’t stop crying. I can’t sleep. This has been the worst year for me. My birthday is in April. I had my car window smashed in. My apartment got broken into while Blossom and I were working.  I had 4 family members pass away in May. Toward the end of May we had a fire at our apartment and had to move. We have been at our new apartment for three-week and this last week has been so painful. I don’t know what to do. I am so sad that it happened so fast. I thought she would really pull through. 

Nai
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
I’m so very sorry! The loss is just devastating she meant so very much to you, I know your heart is shattered. Please know we do understand your heartbreak and how overwhelming it is. It’s the worst pain ever, the grief s consuming. Your heartbreak is so raw it’s easy to forget about taking care of yourself right now. Eat something, even if only a milkshake. I know u don’t want to but try. Each of us understands how much pain you’re in and we know just how hard this is. Please write often, it helps, take extra good care of you,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Your story is heartbreaking and my heart goes out to you. You had to endure so many losses and now your sweet Blossom. I am deeply sorry. Please, be kind to yourself - you did everything you only could for sweet Blossom, you took so much care and loved her so much and she loved you just as much. She had a wonderful life with you at her side. This love will never die. 

Know that we all understand your pain and sorrow and we are all here to comfort you and dry your tears. You are not alone in this.

My thoughts are with you
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
Nina72
Blossom_ wrote:

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 3.39.01 AM.png   
I had lost my older brother in a car accident almost ten years ago. I withdraw from the world.  My twin sister wanted to help me and took me to the animals’ shelter where I met blossom.

We went to three different animal shelters. The first two were going through cleaning and we were unable to see any dogs. I had a job interview, so I told my sister that the world does not want me to have a dog. I went to the interview and nailed it. My sister said we should celebrate and just look at one more shelter. I agree and we went to the city animal shelter. My sisters walk up and down the cages and ask each dog “who want to come home?” My sister stood in front of a cage that held 6 small dogs. This small white dog for the back of the cage push her way to the front and lick my sister foot. We decided Blossom picks us and that we were going to give her an amazing home. The woman at the front desk was confused at the fact that we did not want to meet the dog. The woman said you don’t know the dog temperament, this dog was surrender three times and lastly you know all dogs are neuter so you cannot get any puppy from her. I told the woman the dog picked us and we did not need to meet her.

Blossom was so perfect. My family kept saying I got lucky. A year into having Blossoms she started having some issue when we went on our walk. I took Blossom to the vet. The vet said she has degenerative disc disease. Because of the disease we changed our whole lives with Blossom. My sister and I decided to go traveling with Blossom around the state to visits at much trails as possible with Blossom. Blossom enjoyed being on the round and love going on different trials. 

On June 17th, I woke up Blossom to get her ready to visit my dad. I kissed her on the head and she began to scream. This was so unlike her I called the vet right away. They said they could see me on Friday the 22nd.  I woke up on Monday 18th, and Blossom was not in her bed. I look under my sister bed and she was lying there. She would not move. I moved the bed and started to hold her she had no feeling in her back legs. I called the vet and they told me to go see them as soon as possible. The vet stated that she lost all feeling to her back leg and that she would need to get a $10,000 surgery. I told the vet we could not afford to get her surgery. The vet stated that she may never be able to walk again and that we might need to think of other option. I told the vet we can get her a dog wheelchair and we can adjust. The doctor gave Blossom pain meds and put her on a crate restriction. That whole week my sister and I took Blossom back and forth to the vet. On Sunday morning 24th, was seem to be doing so much better. She was not crying and she seemed like she was not in pain. I told my sister I would make us all breakfast if she plays with Blossom. Within 5 minutes of cooking my sister calls me over because Blossom is making a strange sound. I go over there and Blossom gives my sister and me the biggest smile and goes limp. Blossom then stops breathing. I called Blossom name over and over. My sister called the animal hospital and me and my sister arrived there within 10 minutes. The staff did CPR on Blossom. They pulled us into another room and stated that she didn’t make it. 

I just can’t stop crying. I can’t sleep. This has been the worst year for me. My birthday is in April. I had my car window smashed in. My apartment got broken into while Blossom and I were working.  I had 4 family members pass away in May. Toward the end of May we had a fire at our apartment and had to move. We have been at our new apartment for three-week and this last week has been so painful. I don’t know what to do. I am so sad that it happened so fast. I thought she would really pull through. 

Quote 0 0
Nina72
So sorry to hear about Your precious baby Blossom...beautiful dog inside out.You have been through so much suffering In your life...I am very sorry that Your doggie was so ill.Sending You hugs!
Nina...Jordan's mom
Quote 0 0
Sil
Blossom,

I am so sorry for your loss of Blossom.  I know the pain, I have been there.  When my beloved Sol (male/doggie) said good bye, my whole world went "dark".  The pain was overwhelming.  You did everything your could to make Blossom better, and Blossom knows.  Blossom knows how much you "fought" to save her.  I am sorry, that you have suffered all these losses - family members, apartment fire, car damage, and now the loss of your beloved pet.  In this forum you will find very caring people that even though,  suffering the loss of a beloved pet, will stop to offer you, compassion, empathy, understanding during this very painful time.  Hugs
Quote 0 0
Blossom_
Thank you all for your kind words
Nai
Quote 0 0