tikibarb

Have you ever spent time looking up at the sky wondering if your beloved pet is up there somewhere?  Call me crazy, but I do it often and many times  I have seen Ted in the clouds.  When I am at my most sad, I often go outside and look around the sky and low and behold, I see him.  It is amazing to me and I may be nuts but I think he is there, watching down.  The other day, at Ted's 4 month mark, I was on a bus going to the rental car drop off in Houston.  I was so upset that I could barely hold back the tears.  It was a little embarrassing but I couldn't help it.  So, I decided to look for Ted in the clouds.  It took a while, and I thought I would not see him, but after a few minutes, he was there, on his back, playing with what looked like an opposum.  (Cheeto perhaps?)  I have a vivid picture of him on his back playing because my son took in a puppy shortly before we lost Ted and he used to lay down on his back and let her jump all over him, pushing her away with his paws to be playful.  Sometimes I amaze myself at the ways in which I can make myself feel better.  It just takes some patience and imagination.  This may be completely rediculous but it works for me and I am happy with that.  Today, I am sitting at my computer with baby Pippin behind me like Ted used to do.  It is comforting to have that warm body touching mine.  Of course, Pip isn't laying down, he is bending around my arm as I type trying to see what is going on.  He is a God send (or maybe a Ted send), I am not sure.  But I am amaxed that he does not try to jump off the chair.  May be because he is quite small at 7 lb.  I choose to believe that Ted has told him to stay.

Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Ponchosmommie
You sound like me!  I do the same thing!  A little over 2 months after losing Poncho, I got Rocky...another chihuahua but black and brindle.  He has been my healer.  Poncho was always on my lap at the computer and so is Rocky. I call him Poncho's little brother because I feel he sent him to me.

I think I had a couple of months where I wasn't always on the verge of tears. That changed in the past month or so. I find myself staring out the window, staring at the sky, thinking of my baby boy and crying. Maybe it's because the holidays are nearing and Christmas morning at 12:30 am is when it all began. He was in the hospital from then till New Years Day. He died so unexpectedly in the parking lot of our Vet, on my chest, on February 12, 2010. I had taken him to get his nails clipped. We were getting in the car to come back home when he collapsed on my chest. Never in a million years did I think when I left the house that night at 5:15 that I would be coming back without him! It still makes me cry!! I love Rocky, but Poncho grew old ( :-)  with me and I felt I could get through anything as long as I had him. I'm SO dreading Christmas....I just wish I could sleep through it.

I combined a picture of Poncho and a picture of Rocky to put as the background on my computer. If I can figure it out, I'll post it here.

Quote 0 0
judylinn
Hi Barb. I think that is so neat the way you see ted in the clouds.  Whatever works to bring comfort is okay, and maybe its teds wasy of letting you know he's close by.
Tears happen at the most unexpected times...but it was the 4th month anniversary.
A few weeks ago when playing at choir, I thought of Maddie, and I couldn't stop the tears as I was playing. Wed. is a hard day to come home to no Maddie.
I hope you are feeling better.
Judy :)
Quote 0 0
donnalee

The next day we have some pretty fluffy clouds, I'm going to certainly go out and look at the clouds and see what I can see!  I have to say I haven't done that in many years.  I hope that brings vbraden some comfort that you even spotted little Cheeto!

Quote 0 0
Tonya
All the time. Everyday.  Look up into the heavens, through the clouds,
I have seen many signs in those clouds sent to me from other parents furbabies.
Go out at night and get ready for a beautiful site,
They are all up there, looking down on us,
they are the diamonds in the sky
They are each and every star.

See the big dipper ,  it belongs to Mercy.
given to her   4/23/2006.  Just because of what she went through
she deserved something huge.  Precious love.
To visit her go to:
http://RainBowsbridge.com/residents/Mercy003/Residents.htm

But,  each of our darling babies have a star.

Loving them all is what I do best.
They are the reason
they are the meaning of the word love
Love is the greatest gift of all and all  these
babies no matter which type of baby it is
give us that true love forever and always.
Tonya Mesha Gails mommy Babies and Maggie Mae's too at the bridge
Mommy to living baby Kit Kat AND as of 7/14/2010 Cotton (puppy)
For the love of our babies
They are the reason
Forever and Always Forever and a Day
Oh what a love is the love of our babies
A love like no other. Love drops fall

MY PRECIOUS SWEET GIRL Mesha Gail My Very Heart and your Shane's too
**http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/MESHA001/Resident.htm

REMEMBERING MERCY xoxoxox oh what a love.
**http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/MERCY0031/Residents.htm

REMBERING MAX passed 12/1/2009 xoxoxox We love you MAX xoxoxo
Shane and I love you.

My true register date is Jan. 2006 ****** it took me that long before I cold talk about my loss.
Quote 0 0
always_tuffy
I have been sitting here trying to put together a new thread.  Took a break and stepped out on the porch. We have a beautiful blue sky here today, but with wind and the most gorgeous swirly wispy clouds I have ever seen.  They are moving rapidly from north to south. I was captivated by the many patterns forming then changing shape and moving on.  I immediately thought of your post. Watching the movement was comforting, relaxing. I relaxed my mind and let my thoughts form, flow and change as I watched. It occurred to me that they were moving on as life does. Moving as rapidly as time. A good reminder that I can't keep Tuffy close by not counting how long I've been without him. Time sees to that. It is inevitable, a law of the universe. Time and life march on, and humans must move on to.  That too is inevitable.  It we try to stand still, we only hurt ourselves, by denying ourselves the opportunity to grow find peace within.  We must continue to confront what is painful, face up to what seems unbearable.  (Barb, talk about signs!  This is huge for me right now. You were truly meant to post this and I was truly meant to look at clouds today.)  Then as I watching the formations what do I see, but the form of this huge, perfectly formed dog. Really.  Standing on hind lets, front paws up like begging.  The face, was incredible. Floppy ears standing tall, long muzzle with dot for nose and dots for eyes.  No Kidding! It was so cool. I laughed and laughed and looked and laughed.  It was a very happy experience!  I watched till the big puppy broke up and then told Tuffy, I love you too; thanks for the laugh.
And thank you too Barb!

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
The faces are unbelievable.  I know many people probably think we are crazy but they are there.  You just have to look.  I am so happy that my post helped you.  I know the clouds are a great comfort to me.  When I am at my lowest, I look up and inevitably, I will se a formation that sends comfort and meaning to my heart.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0