bluegreen_eyes
My cute and loving Max died two weeks ago. He died without me there by his side, and I feel guilty for it. Now my life is incomplete without him. I don't know what to do now.
bluegreen_eyes
Quote 0 0
GrievingRemi
You are in the right place to help with your loss and grief, I am so sorry for the loss of Max.  I had to put down my sweet Remi just on Tuesday and I cannot stop crying.  I've been feeling guilt as well, but my guilt has been for deciding to put her down when maybe she could have had one more day and just wondering and wondering if I made the right call.  There seems to be no way to escape the guilt that comes with grieving our beloveds.  I'm so sorry that you weren't able to be there with him, but know he was sure of your love.

Everyone here is so kind and can help so much with words to help you get through this.  Many hugs to you.
Quote 0 0
Lapavoni
I am terribly sorry for your loss :-( I was 6,000 miles away wheny Hershey died over a year ago. The pain and guilt slowly subsides, but I cry almost every day. Not being with him is as bad a feeling for me as losing him.

We can never feel each other's personal pain, but as a community we share the understanding of the depth of pain felt losing our beloved pets.

I am sure you did as much as you could to be with Max and I'm sure you provided an amazing life for him. Be comforted in your wonderful bond with him for his time on earth.
Quote 0 0
Mrs_C
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how this feels, I just lost my cat yesterday.
Quote 0 0
bluegreen_eyes
Thank you all for the sympathy and good to know I am not the only one feeling this way. Now he is gone my friend told me to move on and let it go. He recommended me to try (https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/depression/) because it helped him a lot too.
bluegreen_eyes
Quote 0 0