Forum

Author   Comment  
AM

Reply with quote  #1 
My little girl Holly has being in and out of the vets for 3 weeks she kept getting sick and throwing up. She was losing a lot of weight. She wouldn't eat in the vet and we thought it was anxious but she has liver cancer. She ate for two days when we brought her home to see if she would eat . She is now throwing up again and going to the vets every day as she won't take the tablets for injections She has lost so much weight. She is only 11 this month. I think still questioning whether it's time for us to part. I need advice. I think I know the answer unfortunately I am heart broken.
Mistysmama

Reply with quote  #2 
I am so sorry about how sick your Holly is.
Did the vet say what sort of cancer, and whether anything can be done to help it?

Does Holly get anti nausea drugs in the injection? And if so, do they help at all?

It is hard to give a pill to an animal when they don't want to eat. Otherwise it can be disguised in  something tasty, and another (pill-free) piece of the tasty food held just out of reach, so they swallow the first one with the pill quickly. But when they are so sick and have no appetite that wouldn't work.

Bless your sweet Holly. It may be that you have to make that sad decision soon....I don't know. But we are here for you if/when that happens.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
AM

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you for your reply its liver cancer. She won't take the tablets she spills them out. There is anti nausea in the injection. She is getting so thin.
BoxerMomForever

Reply with quote  #4 
I’m sorry to hear Holly is sick. My dog passed from this. It’s heartbreaking to watch them with this disease. My girl loss so much weight, stopped eating for days, wasn’t her anymore, when she stopped following me around the house, I knew it was time.. dreaded to make that decision, very hard for me and my husband. It’s a month tomorrow and I’m still upset. People told me you’ll know when it’s time. We didn’t want our girl to suffer. You can tell, everyone says their eyes tell all. Hugs to you.

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you very much. Holly would have been 11 this month on the 24th. I hope she is at peace now. She fought every bit of the way. She loved her walks, her agility, her toys, her food and her people. Her last few weeks involved throwing up, vets and lying around with no energy. She loss weight rapidly. She didnt know what was wrong with her and she looked like she wanted me to fix the problem as I always did. I hope she looks after my mum the way she did when she passed away 5 years ago. Rest in peace my beautiful girl. I did my best for you.
BoxerMomForever

Reply with quote  #6 
So sorry to hear that. I so understand since that is everything my girl went through. Hugs to you ~~~
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.