jimmy17
We lost our beautiful old boy Jim just over 4 weeks ago, he was 17, and as we have on children was like our baby. We sadly had no choice but to have him put to sleep, he went down so fast, we were with him at the end, stroking him and holding his paws - I`d like to think he would thank us for releasing him from discomfort and fear. We have just about accepted that we will never see him again until it is our time to go, but doing the daily things keep throwing up all the little reminders that he is no longer with us. Simple things , like when I go for my evening shower, I`d be in the bathroom getting ready and i`d hear him clumping up the stairs to see where I was, the bathroom door would be pushed open just to make sure I was there, then he`d settle down in his basket by our bed until I was finished. Then I`d be out on the patio having a cigarette ( I know its a disgusting habit ), and I`d hear him coming through the kitchen to see what I was up to, then he`d potter about the garden until  I was ready to come back inside. He`d watch me prepare the evening meal, I`d talk away to him, telling him all about my day, he`d sit and listen cocking his little head as if he understood everything I was telling him. How empty the house is now, although I still talk to him, but its just not the same. He really was like a person, not just a dog, our bond was so strong, its unbelievable that he`s not here with us. It seems so unfair that such a beautiful relationship that we had has gone forever. He was certainly a Once in a Lifetime dog, I`ll love him with all my heart for the rest of my life, just as everyone on this lovely forum will do with their little friends.  Sleep peacefully Jim, we will be reunited one day I`m sure, until then my dad will take care of you. Love you Boy. xxx
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
kllsu
Hugs to you and your dearest Jim : )
I believe our babies will be with us again one day.

~Karen~
~Karen~ 

Quote 0 0
camunki
beautiful words for your Jim.....and yes the lil' reminders that i have too... in a way they bring a smile to my face, the memories that only YOU can keep, the cherished memories. And I understand with Jim not being just a dog, to me my pets are "family"!!!

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Thanks Karen and Cam, your kind words mean so much.  I do believe we will see our little friends again one day. I just wish all animals could be as loved as much as we loved our beloved furry friends. Jackie. xx
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Couldn't agree more that it is the little things that wash over us that bring me to tears.  One poster said that "some days it is a gentle wash and some days it is a Tsunami" and I thought that was worth passing on since it so describes what I am experiencing anyway.  Ii thought that was so well put.  The "little things" pop up when you least expect them too.  Some were regular daily silly things, but they remind me that I am alone now.  Missing my baby so much.  I hope things get easier for you soon. For ALL of us really.
janice
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Thanks Janice,  well I`ve had a lot of Tsunamis the last few weeks - as all of us on here have. It can catch you out wherever you are too, I was driving the other day, when I just noticed a man walking his dog who happened to be the same tan shade as Jim - just started crying that much I had to pull the car over. Its just a sign of how much we loved them, but what I wouldn`t give to turn the clock back just so I could hold him one more time. Jackie. xx
J Taylor
Quote 0 0