Manu
I found you a week ago. You were so small and vulnerable I didn't know what to expect. But I took jou home and done all the research to keep you healthy. After a few hours I got you eating, you sucked between my fingers when you were hungry. You were smaller than my thumb, but with a beautiful sweet fur. Your eyes closed but you knew your way around. I have taken care of you every day and night every two hours for a week, I wish I could have taking care of you forever. You looked so healthy and alive, I spent hours staring at you how you slept. Dad even installed a baby monitor so I could see you on the phone . and how you had your toes in your tiny mouth while sleeping, so small most adorable thing i've ever seen. This morning, just an hour after I had fed you, you didn't move anymore. You slept so peacefully but you no longer responded to the warmth of my hand. I tried to warm your body, I hoped you would move, I begged you to wake up and that I will look after you even better. Today mom said you would get a little piece of banana for the first time because your teeth came through. Now you are sleeping between the olive tree and the lemon tree and I will never get the chance to see your eyes open up. My brother made you a beautiful wooden box. We have given you many kisses. You were so very loved. My heart is broken It hurts.

I love you so much little mouse.
Sleep tight!
love from your big brother and mommy and daddy and uncle
Quote 0 0
redgirlraven
I am so sorry for your loss.  What a beautiful writer you are.
AR
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Manu,

I a very sorry for your loss of your adorable, little mouse. You are very sweet for taking care of the little mouse and giving him food, warmth and love. His life may have been too short, but you made sure it was a life full of love.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Manu,

What a wonderfully written and heartfelt letter to your friend the mouse. It was very kind of you and your family to treat this mouse with such compassion, care and love. I am sure it made all the difference to the mouse, knowing that it was a part of a family who truly cared. I don't think I will ever look at mice the same way again after reading your loving note.

My kindest regards & sincerest condolcences,
James
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Oh blessings to this tiny little mouse. I am so sorry he didn't make it to live longer in this world. It is such a beautiful dear little one.

It is obvious you did the best you possibly could to help that little mouse.

This touched my heart because I once did the same thing you did for a tiny mouse baby. He (she?) was the sole survivor of my dog's massacre of a mouse's nest in the field. (That was a long time ago, and the dog I had then was not my Misty girl whom I speak of a lot here.)

I took that tiny mouse and cared for it for days. During the time I looked after it, it started to open its eyes and even grew bigger. It guzzled the milk I gave to it in a dropper. I carried it in a grass-lined leather pouch on my chest. At night it slept right next to my bed (my bed was low on the floor)

It seemed to be doing so well, and I grew so fond of it. I woke every 2 hours by alarm clock, to feed it.

But one night I found it had crawled out of its little nest and was so cold on the floor. From then on, its breathing wasn't right and I believe that cold night gave it pneumonia. It only lived another day after.

My heart absolutely broke when it died in my hand. It just gasped once, and was still.

I am very sorry for your loss indeed.

All Souls pass through to the next world, and all Souls in Spirit remember the love they were shown here and the loving bonds they formed, even if for a short time.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
God bless your soul.. You showed this tiny baby love and my heart is broken for you. I am so sorry to hear that little mouse has passed. It's amazing how even the smallest creatures can burrow into our hearts.. I had mice for many years and I empathize with you as I remember my own little ones.
So many people may have overlooked Little Mouse but you... You are an angel.
Thank you for showing so much love and compassion to this fragile furry being. I know he loved you back..

Quote 0 0