loft2111
To my dearest Little Man,

I’m not sure how to quite begin this letter, I don’t even understand how I have survived two weeks without you by my side. Here I am on your two week anniversary of crossing rainbow bridge and still trying to come to terms with you being gone.  I feel so lost without you, my days just drag on without any meaning.  Your dad and I miss you so very much and are just trying to function but it’s so difficult.  I have so many emotions running through me.  Daddy and I were looking at videos of you when you were first adopted almost five years ago, you were like a puppy! Running around so excited to go for your walk, you would run to daddy while he was eating to get some scraps and then I would be standing there with the door open ready to walk you, you could never choose between the two so you would run back and forth between the two of us trying to decide what to do.  You loved your walks, those are the only times I saw you wag your tail.  You had a horrible life before we adopted you and I am so angry that someone out there mistreated you and took the best years of your life away from you.  I knew when we adopted you that you were old and had health issues, but it was love at first sight and I couldn’t leave the shelter that day without you.  I knew I would love you, but boy did I love you.  My whole life revolved around you, you were our baby and brought so my joy to our lives.  When you got sick this summer we took all the time off we could to care for you and you came around you fought for us, I don’t know why you lost your fight in late September but all we had to do was look into your eyes, you had given up.  On 10/1 you took a piece of our hearts with you and we will never be the same without you.  We love you so much.  I stood by the garden thinking of you last week and the most beautiful Blue Jay landed on the lawn and just sat there, I knew that was a sign from you that you were happy and at peace.  You were such an amazing dog Little Man, I don’t understand how I can carry on without you and the pain is so real.  We are trying to keep moving forward but it’s hard.  I sleep with your sweater, we refuse to put your bed away, I don’t want you to think we are forgetting about you, as that is not ever possible.  I love you my Little Man, I hope you are happy and healthy, free of your seizures, running around and enjoying what you missed in your puppy days.  I can’t wait to see you again and I hope that you forgive me for letting you go.  You not only put you paw mark in my heart but it’s in every fiber of my being and life.  You will never be forgotten. 

Love you so very much.

Mommy.
little man.jpg 

Quote 0 0
ACEANITA
So sorry for your loss!  I know exactly how you are feeling since we lost our Jack Russell Terrier, Nigel, late September 2014 after 11 years of having him in our lives.  We also have a his bed in the room he used to go to and sun himself in front of the window.  It's been very hard not having him in our lives, but we keep him in our hearts everyday and we've set up a memorial in our fireplace area with a picture of him and a flameless candle.  Recently we've added his ashes, which is in a cute little box we had built for him, to his memorial.

It will get easier as the days go by.  I promise!  Little Man will always be with you!!  He was indeed very cute:o)

My thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Ana
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Thanks Ana.  It's very difficult to deal with the loss of our BFF's.  He was our like a child to us and sorely missed.  Nigel sounds like a lucky dog, I'm sure he is watching over you.  I too have a memorial for Little Man.  We have his bed out with pictures on it and his food pad and collar and leash on it.  I also have his Urn in the living room with his picture on it and talk to his picture every single day.  I do hope it gets easier as life is very hard right now.  He was adorable, thank you.  My little bear.  I would get stopped all of the time to ask what breed he was, that still remains a mystery!
Take care,
LM's mom

Quote 0 0
Kiril
So sweet, I couldn't pass by your photo his eyes are just so warm and kind. It doesn't seem real that this could happen to a friend that was once a friend who was so full of life. It feels so lonely and dark, and it happens to so many of us. I always imagine my Kiril running home to greet me, I can really remember his voice. I am afraid to lose those memories. I hope that your memories stay vibrant, all the good time you spent together with Little Man.
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Thank you Kiril.  His eyes were so beautiful, they literally looked like black marbles and so expressive.  I miss him so very much.  I still cry over him every single day, but it only being two weeks and one day I think it's expected.  Sorry for your loss as well.  I hope we all find some healing and peace soon.
Little Man's mom
Quote 0 0
TonilovesherJack
Hi, I'm sitting here blubbing reading your post. I wish i could say it gets easier but it doesn't seem to. They were all such a precious part of our lives that life changes dramatically when they go. Adjusting to that new life is so very difficult.

Well done for rescuing your beautiful boy. My Jack was rescue too. Your boy must love you so much for making his life so wonderful, never forget that.

Sending you lots of love,

Toni xxx
Toni

Jack you will always be my sunshine. Love you forever my baby boy xxxxxxx
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Thanks Toni. It is very difficult adjusting to life without my Little Man. I am trying to move forward but really just going through the motions. I cry every day for him and replay his last week if his life through my mind all the time. I hope to adopt another senior dog in the near future honor his memory. He didn't like other dogs much but I think he would want another to have the life he had.
I love you little man, you left your paw print on my heart, life and whole being.
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
It is eerie the similarities in the things I read.  I replay the last week of my Dali's life over and over again.  Why wasn't I more attentive?  Why did I not see?  What was wrong with ME?  I commend you on being able to think of getting another pet.  I cannot, don't think I ever will.  Your little man is precious.

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
joeslepski
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Little Man. I lost Pal on August 25th and it still hurts. I constantly second guess decisions that I made concerning his care and I still carry guilt with me. We do go on but the emptiness is always there. I was able to adopt another dog a month later. Although I love him it is not the same as it was with Pal and me. My thoughts are with you
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Thanks Joe.  It has been a very difficult time for me, I'm trying to move forward but it's impossible.  Sorry for your loss as well.  I am hoping in time I will adopt another dog to honor Little Man, from the same shelter where I adopted him from. 
Quote 0 0