loft2111
Hi my Little Man,
For the first time in almost two months your dad and I were able to share your happy memories without me experiencing a complete breakdown.  You had such an unusual personality and very mysterious.  We found your original file and read through how you were found, I cried thinking about how awful your life used to be.  They found you with open sores all over your body, blood in your feces, ear infections, hot spots, list goes on and on.  You were so heavily matted that when we adopted you there was not much hair on your skinny little body.  I hope that the people who mistreated you get what they deserve one day, I have a certain hate for them that at times consumes me.  Back to happiness, I want to talk about the happiness, you brought so much of it to our lives, what an amazing dog you were.  You were our first dog love, our first soul dog and I told your dad we will have many dogs from this point on but only one Little Man, you were beyond special.  Hope you are having fun with Dali, Matti, Murphy, Fonzie, Hannah, Solly and Mr. Mischief and all your other friends that you have met.  Their mom's and dad's are all very special so I know you are in good hands with their fur babies.  I love and miss you more than any words can describe. 

two pic LM.jpg
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Beautiful tribute and wonderful pictures.  The picture on the left took my breath away, that look---just like Dali.
I can't believe anyone could treat such a beautiful animal with such meanness.  Little Man is so lucky that he found you!  And of course you are lucky to have that special love with him.  I'm happy you can see to have more fur babies to rescue or take care of, they deserve a mom like you with such love to give.  Just know that you gave him a wonderful home and he will always be there in spirit to comfort you.  HUGS

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
loft2111
Thank you....I loved that look in his eyes, must be a Lhasa thing :) He used to look up at me with this sad look or a look that if it could talk it would, so expressive.  Thinking of you and Dali as well.
Quote 0 0
Katel
Thank you for rescuing Little Man and giving him a home and showering him with love.  I know what you mean about abusers, as I feel the same fury and the only thing that settles me is knowing there are so many wonderful people who rescue these little ones and love love love them. Little Man will never be far away from you, he will live in your heart.    And thank you for the lucky little dogs that you will find in the future to shelter and comfort.   Blessings.
Kate 
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Thank you Kate.  I feel as though rescue dogs have a special love in their hearts for those who save them.  We hope to rescue another abused dogs as they are not highly adoptable since most have bites on their records.  For the first 2 months, LM would not let us near him, if I tried to hug him he would snarl and snap, he literally sat under our dining room table and just stared at us, it was truly heartbreaking.  I bought him a ton of toys and he was terrified of them all, he did not like anything or anyone, someone really did a number on him, my poor baby.  The most amazing moment is seeing them finally come out of their shell, love and trust again.
You take care too, hope you're doing okay.
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Oh, my days! What a wonderful tribute to Little Man. He is such a beautiful little boy; so cute, such expressive eyes. I was in bits when I read your words, the terrible condition he was in and how delighted he must have been to be loved and wanted by such a special, caring lady after he began to trust. I know it took some time for him to come out of his shell but he did and the wonderful relationship you had with him after that is something to be treasured for the rest of your days. It is terrible how people can be so cruel to a living creature. Rescue dogs do need our help and it was wonderful that you hope to rescue another abused dog. I wish you all the best.

LM will be enjoying himself now at the Bridge with all his new friends. Thank you for including my Solly and my Gonzo (Mr Mischief) in his playmates. I cried with a combination of joy and sadness when I read that.

LM will stay forever in your heart. He brought such unconditional love to you and it is so good to know that after his terrible start in life, and once he learned to trust you, he could live the rest of his days without any meanness or ugliness towards him. You are an angel, and LM is your own little star.

Bless you both.

Wendy

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
fonziesmom
Your letter was so touching. Thank you so much for including Fonzie and all our babies. I know we have all made connections on here and they mean so much to us. It makes me happy to think that my Fonz is hanging with many other special dogs who are waiting for us.
I agree about the look in his eyes too..Fonz was half Llasa and had such emotional and tellig eyes. Before his diagnosis my mom came over and told me how his eyes have looked sad lately. It was his just pain bc he could still light up a room.
I will love and miss you forever, My Fonzie Bear...
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Little Man today.  I know how hard Wednesdays must be right now.  It seems like they left today and at times it seems like years.  I know I miss my baby more every day if that is possible.  I lit a candle for your baby today as well as my Dali.  Take care of yourself, there are no words that help.

Balloons float

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
MattiesMom10
Hello LM Momma,
With all the plans of Thanksgiving I just wanted to thank you for all your kind words and wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving. Love Love the tribute to LM it is amazing and he is so very handsome. I tell Mattie to always watch out for him as she knows he is shy, and always to snuggle with him and make sure he is warm :) Know your in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs
God Bless

Woofs and Wags
Love you to the Moon and Back Mattie Girl
Forever a paw print on my heart
Susan Turner
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Thanks everyone! I used to always say to him "hi handsome," and he would perk up, as if he knew he was being complimented.  How I miss him so very much.
Take care everyone, thank you for taking the time to respond.
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Well my LM, mommy has had a difficult few days.  I've been crying a lot thinking of you and missing you.  I feel as though this pain in my heart will never ease up, nor will the emptiness that you left.
love you more than words
Quote 0 0
MattiesMom10
Hello Loft211, Ann
I am so sorry to hear that your going through all this pain. It has been tough for me too. I try to remember all the wonderful times that I got to share with Mattie, and feel blessed that I got to have her for the 11 short years that I did. I know no words help we just want our baby's back. Now there our fur angles and they watch over us. :) I know not very comforting but know that I keep you in my thoughts and prayers each and every night that you find a little comfort, but still very hard. Praying you find a little comfort this week.

Smiles and super big hugs

Susan

Forever a paw print on my heart
Susan Turner
Quote 0 0