Forum

Author   Comment  
niki

Reply with quote  #1 

Hi, i have just discovered this site after a friend sent me an e card as i lost my beloved little black cat MINT to cancer on valentines day,
we struggled for 6 weeks with her and the highs and lows were unbearable, she was so brave and i am still in shock that she wont walk in the kitchen and ask for her favourite food "chicken"
She was a twin, so i have her lovely sister "Ocelot" who is a tortie and white , but it is so sad to see Ocelot looking for her, they spent 13 years together.
Mint was a tiny cat, she looked like a kitten, her face was so young, she was a real little star,i was with her til the end, holding her paw, i never cried so much in my life and the trauma after looking after her too, i cant stop thinking of her.
She had a tumour in her abdomen, we had to take her to the vets on Jan 2nd, i was in denial that anything could be wrong with my angel.
From Jan 2nd to Feb 14th i hardly left her side, the missing is unbearbale for me , my husband and her sister, I know time heals as we lost a black boy before, but God , doesnt it hurt....getting up in the morning is the worst.....
thankyou for listening and for letting me know i am not alone
Niki
Edit | Delete

Jparish

Reply with quote  #2 

I can honestly say that I know almost exactly what you are going through - even down to a kittie who goes berzerk over chicken. Mint is such cool name and she sounds like she was a great little soul. Light a candle tonight and hug Ocelot - explain to her that she's going to have to put up with twice the love from now on.

niki

Reply with quote  #3 
thankyou for answering me!!
yes she was a cutie, a real charmer, Ocelot is too, very stunning looking girl and she is missing her sis, but loving all the attention and extra love
take care
Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #4 
Dear Niki,

I'm so very sorry to hear about your heartbreaking loss.  It's late and I'm running out of steam, but I just had to reply to your post.

I first arrived at this site almost 6 years ago when we lost our little cat, Buddy Guy, to intestinal lymphoma (same thing as Mint?).  He has just had his tenth birthday a week earlier, and I so hoped he would survive after the surgery that was his only chance to have more time with us.  He came through the surgery beautifully, but didn't survive the night.  We had Buddy's Uncle T.J. (really his uncle) left to mourn the loss of his little pal. 

I tell you this not to put the focus on me, but to let you know that here you will find others who truly do understand the trauma and shock you fee now.  Bless you for trying so hard to help Mint.  If you hadn't tried, you would have always wondered if there might have been something you could have done. 

There is somethng so difficult about saying goodbye to a special needs friend.  We try so hard, and when we run out of miracles, it's so hard to believe.  I remember the kind of pain you feel now.  You will recover, and you will wake up one day and smile before you cry.  That takes time though, so don't rush it.  On the other hand, don't deny it when it happens, either.  Mint wants to see you smile and hear your heart sing again.  Until that day, she understands that it's just a matter of time and healing.

Mint will never be more than a whisper away from you.  Keep talking to her and telling her how much you love her.  She knows what's in your heart.  And who does it hurt for you to talk to her?  Nobody!  If talking to her gets you through the really tough times, go for it.  Sometimes a little insane behavior is exactly what we need to keep us sane.

You, Ocelot and Angel Mint are all in my thoughts and prayers.  I've sent a message to Buddy to give Mint some tips on visiting mortals in their dreams.  Buddy and his friend, Bingo (aka: King Bing, The God Cat), are very good at that.  May you be seeing Mint, young and healthy, in your dreams any night now.

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.