Abbeygail3
It’s been very difficult he passed away on 5 January 2018 I can’t walk to the parks were we use to walk
All the areas we visited, too painful right now,
Some people have cut me off since his passing. And friends have not been understanding, I’ve been told to get over it, it was only a dog. I had a Reiki treatment last week, and the lady said don’t talk about your dog this was something personal that happened to you, stop putting your negativity on people. My response to that, that’s why there’s a high suicide rate amongst people who don’t talk.
She thought I was a counsellor....
I think it’s good to talk about it, it does help,
I’m really not in a good place right now, I honestly think this is the worst thing I’ve been Through, I’ve never been so alone in my life to the point where I have to grieve in silence. I miss my Eddie he was better than people.
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
Abbygail, I am so sorry for your loss of Eddie, this a very difficult time you are going through. Losing a bond like you had with Eddie, that kind of love I find to be more painful than most any kind of loss we can experience. They are our constant companion, they give us love unconditionally, most times our lives and daily routines revolve around them exclusively. It took me around nine months before I could go walking along the paths that I took my dogs, and even after that much time, it was so difficult. This grief you have has no timeline, we all grieve as we will. Don't listen to people who want to cut you off, tell you to get over it, they just don't have any idea of what it is like to bond so strongly with one of these fur angels. I never really talked to any friends about my losses, I knew they would never understand, I am married and my wife knew how hard the grief hit me, and still does. I read books, websites, anything I could get my hands on that offered help. It is my belief that Eddie is in a wonderful place, he still loves you dearly and always will and one day you will be reunited again. This journey is a long one, one hour at a time, one day at a time. I wrote journals for my loved ones, I wrote down all the things they did to make me love them, the memories, the happy times. I still do. This forum was the best place I could have come to, we all understand what you are going through, so many helpful people here in various stages of grief and recovery. When you feel up to it, maybe you could tell us a little bit about Eddie and how he filled your life, how he loved to be with you and what his life meant to you. Don't worry about what others say, your grief is real, your love is real, it is a special bond, we understand. Eddie is in your heart now, he can visit, leave signs, he will always be with you. I pray for blessings for you and peace.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
Rosanne777
When we lose our beloved
Pets we do need to talk
about it and them.

But,talk to us whom have
walked in and still walk
in your shoes.
Quote 0 0
Abbeygail3
It’s been really difficult, I’m avoiding areas we walked in, Had a friend come round the other night told me to snap out of it,and I received a text from her today saying I’m sure you’re feeling a better now. I cried a few times today ...reminders memories. I was thinking of going away for a while.
Quote 0 0
Melb
Abbeygail3 - I'm so sorry you lost your Eddie. I can't imagine how lonely you feel losing him, and having such heartless sounding people in your life! Please know that you're not alone, and that there are plenty of people out there who know that he was not just a dog, and who empathize with you. I just lost my dog Lola yesterday, and I'm still in such a bad place emotionally. My husband and I recently moved and I don't have any friends in my new city. He has been so supportive but he has to leave for a work trip for 1 month on Monday and I am terrified of being alone. Stay connected to positive, supportive people - it is the only thing that has helped me. This message board has been helpful too. Reading other's stories, collecting my thoughts and planning out what I want to say has really helped distract me from spiraling out of control when I start to feel sad.
Quote 0 0
Abbeygail3
Melb .... I’m so sorry to hear of Lola, I can imagine your pain and huge loss. the pain you and your husband are feeling, how old was Lola? I’m glad your husband has been Supportive I have one son he’s been supportive too. Like yourself I’m not in a good place, this has been My worst experience. the Grief has be unbearable, the loss of Eddie hit me hard.i just miss him so much feel empty without him. My friends don’t understand how I’m feeling.yes it can be lonely if there’s no one to talk to.
Quote 0 0
Avabear
I'm so sorry you lost your precious Eddie,  I too have experience the people who say, it's just a dog, or get angry when I say it's like loosing a child because they really can't see how you would love a dog more than you could love a human child.  I wasn't able to have children of my own so my furbabies are my babies in every sense of the word so Iget really upset and angry when people can't understand that or think I should be over in a couple of days, tell me I'm being stupid or to pull myself together.  That's why I love this forum, no one ever says things like that they understand how precious our babies are to use and the depth of pain we feel at thier loss.  Sending hugs xx
Avabears mummy

'It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.' Anon

Quote 0 0
Abbeygail3
Avabear I’m sorry for your loss, I don’t think we’ll ever get over it but I think we’ll learn to live with it. I guess I was surprised how many people I know who just didn’t seem to understand my loss. It’s so painful intense grief. I’ve decided not to see my friends at the moment, also they insist on meeting near were I walked my dog. I’m unable to do that.
Quote 0 0
Avabear
I've done the same to some of my friends who I know think I'm silly for the way I feel about my dog so like you Abbeygail I am not seeing people I know will not understand, which is most people if I'm honest.  Coming to this site helps because at least people understand.
Avabears mummy

'It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.' Anon

Quote 0 0
peachesdad
I 100% agree with you all. This is the best site to be for our lose. I lost the love of my life, Peaches, last Tuesday night. She passed away in my arms. There is such a large hole in my heart now. Hard time sleeping. Can't eat much because when I would she would finish her meal first and then bark at me saying hurry up daddy so you can come rub my belly. Such a bossy little girl. I miss my baby and she will forever be a part of me. Everyone here understands what we're going through. I thank them all for the support. 

I'm there with you. My Peaches was one of a kind. There will never be another one like her but one day, I don't know when, I will bring another small bundle of joy into my life to to show the love Peaches taught me I could. 
tim
Quote 0 0
Remeymylove
Abbygail, I am so sorry for the loss of Eddie. I am saddened by the fact that your friends apparently have never had a loving bond with a special pet. ... They have missed out on a very wonderful experience...loving and being loved unconditionally by a fur baby. Yes, the loss is devastating.... I lost my Remey Wednesday....and the pain is unbearable...but that's the price I pay for having that beautiful boy in my life...as much as it hurts I wouldn't want to have missed my short time with him. Surround yourself with friends who understand....and talk about your sweet boy....write about him...cherish the time you had. This forum is filled with compassionate people who either have gone through or are going through the same pain as we are. I pray daily our special fur babies are playing together...healthy, happy, and we will someday join them.

Peaches dad, take care of yourself....this is so hard....if you find a way to sleep and eat again I would love to know the secret. I'm having a tough time with it too.

Melb, stay strong, I'm so sorry your husband needs to be gone during this awful time in your lives....Lola was blessed to have two such loving parents.
Quote 0 0
Abbeygail3
I met up with my friend this evening, all she did is undermine my grief, said losing a mother is much worse and how I only had Eddie for 7months so can’t be that bad. She was annoyed when I mentioned my doctor has offered you me 6 months of counselling and additional 6 months if required. I wish I could snap out of it but I can’t, my pain is real and I’m totally heartbroken, when Eddie passed away apart of my soul left with him, and I really can’t cope without him even though it was a short time of his life I was withhim 24/7 I can’t see my friends anymore they don’t understand me, I have no desire to see them, I really like this forum people understand here who are going through the same grief
Quote 0 0
Knavarra
I completely understand ur grief right now. I just lost of 2 yr. Old Rag doll cat to a sudden, unexpected heart attack yesterday morning.. I feel ur pain, it's the worst that I have ever felt. I thinking talking about it helps and if people are ur friends, they will just listen to u, knowing or seeing ur pain. U feel empty inside. Every time I walk around my house, I see my Riley and then I get sad all over. Hopefully this pain gets easier as days go on but there are so many caring people on this site that their caring words make us feel a little better. I'm sincerely sorry for ur loss.
Quote 0 0
PeppermintPatty
A part of your soul does leave with them. Nicely put Abbeygail3. My kitties were my constant, through thick and thin. More than I can say about some people that I don’t have any in my life anymore. So the bonds we form are completely different than those we form with humans.

You are with them everyday and you don’t realize how special the routines were until you find yourself not doing them anymore. The loss of such deep unconditional love is devastating and it is almost impossible to cope. I too am finding it hard to put on the happy face and be around other people who don’t understand. So the isolation combined with the cold empty feeling in the house takes its toll. Thank God for this forum and all of those who can relate to the unbearable pain.

Peace to all who are in profound mourning.
Quote 0 0