LUCYLULU
It is the one year anniversary of my 14.3 year old Wheaten terrier Lucy passing. I never had the courage nor capacity to start a topic. Time went on and I found comfort in sharing with other forum folks. But having gotten to the one year mark, I want all of those people who have recently lost their best friend to please know...we are all here for you. And we are also here to help you through the early hours, days, weeks, months. After torment, depression, guilt, anger-- many stages of grief, I can attest-- it is possible to feel 'happy' again. Life will not ever be the same because our beloved friend is gone. I will miss Lucy every single day of my life. But I now have more smiles than tears. There's less upset and more understanding. I hope for every single person here...that we will always have moments and signs from our furry friends. Hold the memories close...in your heart. The warmth of their love will always be with us. 
Quote 3 0
macman
Thank you so much for sharing your journey and how Lucy impacted your life. I needed your words this morning. Tomorrow will be two weeks without my Mac and the ache, to the core of my being, and weeping won't stop today. Thought I was past this depth of pain. Good to know there is sunshine somewhere up ahead. Blessings to you as you remember your Lucy today.
Quote 1 0
LUCYLULU
Hi Macman~  I truly understand how wicked the pain is. It's only been two weeks since your Mac passed. The raw feeling hurts every fibre of your being. I remember being so upset I was choking from crying so much. Then I was numb. Existing-- but not really. Not wanting to be home. Not wanting to go home to a hollow house. Then other days, not wanting to even leave the bed. Your Mac...what a handsome boy! I read about him and how much you loved him. You will always carry the love in your heart. And you followed your heart when you took his pain. Later-- maybe not yet-- you will come to know that your unselfish love was the gift you gave to Mac. He's over the Rainbow Bridge-- healthy & playing with everyone. But he's also there with you. I hope that you get lots of signs from him-- to bring you a moment of calm amidst the storm. Thank you.  Hugs, & healing, Kasey
Quote 0 0
Miss_my_pug
Thank you for your post Kasey. It's been two months for me and it still feels like the joy has been taken away from my life. It feels like I am merely "existing" as you say. I write this post with tears because of the physical loss of my sweet Ling - the history, the life, the love we shared for 13.5 years. My heart aches because he is now a part of my past, just a memory. That is the most difficult part. to read that you have found happiness again gives me hope that I will get through this life without him. Because some days the grief is unrelenting. Thank you again for your reassurance. It means so much to us pet parents in the early stage of loss.
Quote 0 0
camunki
Hi Kasey; I remember back in the day of your posting about Lucy and how time goes by so fast. You have brought much joy into my life with your words of encouragement, and yes, we all go thru the hard times, the crying times, the complete meltdown times, the guilt that wracks our minds etc....and then we come to the times when we can look back with a smile for all the precious memories only we hold.
The journey is a tough one, I can attest to that, having a lot of my precious pets Daizy, Munki and now Jemma all crossing that bridge in a 21 month period, I know all too well on what to expect on the grieving path.

May your Lucy be free from pain, and blessed that you had 14.3 years with her, and yes we all want more time. She is loved by you so much and still with you...............then the day comes when you are reunited and will spend eternity together.

Thank you for this beautiful posting....to help others along the way...........and many hugs for you and your sweet (((Lucy)))

Cam

Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Hi Missmypug~  You are so right. Even after 2 months, the physical pain of missing them is very real. I don't think I started to breathe until 3 or 4 months. Everyone is different. Your Ling is a cutie and sounds like he was right there with you @ very important moments in your life. That's how Lucy was for me. It was as if she truly understood and offered her comfort.  They really are such loving, intutive beings that life without them seems unbearable. I still ask for signs from Lucy. Sometimes I can still get sad when something triggers the sadness. Could be a random TV commercial. Or a picture on a cereal box. But the wave of grief & what ifs & emptiness passes. And I say out loud...to the air, to the sky, to the universe,"Lucy I love you. I miss you. Thank you for being in my life".  I truly hope that for you too & for everyone here-- that the dark clouds lessen & the loving memories replace the sadness. Hugs & healing, Kasey
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Oh Cam~  Thank you for reaching out. You have helped me so much since I first came to the forum...just as you have helped many, many people. You are so giving, unselfish & loving while going through what has to be unbearable pain and loss without your Daizy, Munki & now Jemma. I cannot even imagine. You're right. Your babies are with all of ours-- healthy & happy & playing together over the Bridge until we are all reunited. I hope that you continue to feel your girls with you each & every day. And extra hugs to your beautiful Rosalyn. Hugs & healing, Kasey
Quote 0 0
camunki
Kasey, I do the same thing.............talking out loud, as I look up to the sky saying "I love you" to my Munki, Daizy and sweet Jemma...and just picture a happy thought of them, with the tails wagging and believing that they are ok and God is taking good care of them. And yes, I too look and watch for signs, signs are amazing and give a lot of re assurance. And thanks for the hugs for Rosalyn, she is a true love, a happy light of sunshine that came into my life(rescued her) a few months after Munki crossed, and Rosalyn has been by my side thru a lot recently and I am blessed to have her. Thanks again for your kindest of words!

Cam

Quote 0 0
MyBella
To my dear friend Kasey,

Hard to believe it has been a year since your beautiful girl Lucy had to leave, the girl who gave you so much love each and every day, the girl who rode with you while you two listened and sang to your favorites songs as you drove around town. Those moments are the ones that help bring such smiles to your face, Lucy would want nothing more than to see you smiling and singing in her honor today. And oh how you have honored Lucy, even though you weren't too sure at first, you opened your heart and home to your precious Daisy Clover and I can't think of a better way to honor your Lucy, such a beautiful thing Kasey and it took a lot of courage on your part in doing so. With that courage and your support, you gave me such comfort, you shared with me your Daisy Clover (aka:your alarm clock) and by doing so you showed me that one day we can smile again, something I never thought possible, you helped me so much with your wonderful, beautifully written and touching words each and every time, your words lifted me when I needed it most and for that I can never thank you enough.
Today I light a candle in Lucy's honor, to the girl who will forever be in your heart and never stray far from your thoughts, to the beautiful Lucy, a girl who loved her Mum with such warmth, I truly hope you feel Lucy's love deep in your heart as you reflect on the wonderful times and loving moments you two shared, may those beautiful memories of your precious girl bring the continued peace and healing that your heart so deserves.

Thank you Kasey for being such a wonderful person, one who I am proud to call my friend.

Your Friend Always, Don

Image result for heart candle photos     Image result for I love lucy

Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Oh Don~  I was just replying to your amazing Bella ice cream video.  Thank you for writing. I am overwhelmed-- by your kind words-- but in a good way. You brought tears to me but because you understand. You have helped me so much...and you continue to do so by sharing your Bella with all of us. Hugs & healing! Kasey
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi Kasey, such a beautiful post and massive hugs to you - I can`t believe its 12 months since beautiful Lucy crossed the Bridge. It is such a tough journey we`re all on here, and I want to thank you for giving me so many messages of hope and comfort during the 11 months since Jim passed.  I so remember you saying to keep on looking for signs from Jim, and I am so happy that we have received so many that can only be from him.  As Cam says, Lucy is and always will be with you - the bonds shared with these special little friends are too strong for us ever to be really parted from them.  Thanks again for all your words of encouragement to me, and for reaching out to so many others  - it means so much.

Hugs, Jackie x
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
sarab
Thank you Kasey for your post.  It's helpful for those of us who can't seem to get to happier places yet.  Your words are so hopeful.
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Thank you so much Jackie. But you gave so much hope & comfort to me & to so many people. You still do. And sharing Jimmy with all of us is such a gift. When you share Jim with all of us, it's an extra measure of support...of knowing that we are not alone in deeply missing our friends. And you're right. The bonds are too strong to ever break. Hugs & healing, Kasey
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Hi Sarab~  You are welcome. But I am very sorry for your loss of Teddy. I think it's about 4 months since you held him. I know that everyone is different, but it took me to at least 4 months before I felt like I could breathe-- sort of.  It took longer to feel like it will be 'ok'. But it will. Please know that I understand. Lucy was my heart & soul for over 14 years like your Teddy was for you for over 13 years. These loving bonds are like threads woven into a soft, warm quilt--  that we stitched by hand,  made it our own & cherished. Just got better & softer with time...just like our love. Now living on the earth without our best furry family-friends is so unbearably hard. It's wicked really. Please try-- if you can-- to keep talking aloud to Teddy. Watch for signs. Remind him how much you miss him & love him. It may help get through these next weeks & months. I hope so. And come here often where we all understand the waves of emptiness and the intense pain. Hugs & healing, Kasey
Quote 0 0
Miss_my_pug
Thank you so much for the sweet response Kasey. Lucy is so adorable. It really means so much to hear from fellow pet parents who have felt this pain. I find that other pet people I meet who I try to talk to about losing their baby never want to talk about it because it either they don't want to bring up sad times or there pet is still alive and they don't want to think about that dreaded day when they will have to say good bye. Most people here are so honest and caring and it really is such a comfort to my soul. I've been through a lot of loss in my life but losing my Ling - no words can adequately describe the pain I've felt these past 2 months. at first I thought something was wrong- why wasn't I getting better. But after talking with everyone here and reading up on pet loss I see now that what we all have gone through is a terrible tragedy and society doesn't allow us to grieve our pets the way we would a human. And so that prolongs the pain sometimes. every tear I shed my ling deserves because he was one of the greatest loves of my life. How I miss him so much.
Quote 0 0