Paddy9792
My heart is breaking after having to let my boy go on Monday. I'm just broken and lost without him xxx. I'm grieving like ive never grieved before and I'm just so sad.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Lynn I'm so sorry for your loss and the pain you are going through. What type of pet was your boy? When we lose them the pain is like no other. It feels like losing a child. When you are ready to share I would love to hear more about him and for you to share a picture of him. Everyone on this forum is going through or has been through the pain of losing their baby. I am sending you virtual hugs, you have come to the right place.
Quote 0 0
Paddy9792
Thankyou
He was a beautiful little mongrel called paddy, he was 14 years old. With no notice or pre warning he took poorly on Monday morning, i rushed him to the vets where after blood tests and a scan on his stomach they found a 6/7 cm mass on his spleen. I'll never forget the look on my boys face as he told me he was ready to go. I suffer from depression and he helped me through all of my bad days, he was my little sidekick. My body is in physical pain and my heart is broken. Xxx
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
I know the pain all too well. The grief does manifest itself into actual physical pain. Do you have any other pets? I'm so sorry.
Quote 0 0
Paddy9792
No I've no other pets. I just keep breaking down and sobbing, i know this is normal but I've never felt pain like it. His blanket is already starting to lose 'his' smell.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
I’m so sorry you’re hurting. The first couple of weeks are the worst. I also tried keeping their things intact but they do lose their scent so quickly 😥. Only the passage of time will dull the pain somewhat and you’ll slowly start feeling less pain. Of course the longing to have them back healthy once again never goes away.
Quote 0 0