Rebbecca
I’ve never reached out for support ever!
Even while my husband was going thru cancer.
I lost my dog on Friday. She became ill and it was moving very fast. We’ve had her for almost 13yrs. She knew me better than anyone.
Any advice on how to move forward?
Quote 0 0
Lfc7118
Rebbecca,
So sorry about the loss of your dog. I recently lost my cat. The grieving process is different for everyone. For me it has been a slow process. I still find myself crying each day. I am not usually someone that asks for help, but I needed it when I loss my boy unexpectedly. It has been very tough for me. I have found that talking to others on this forum helps because I know.the people on here have experienced my grief. We will be here as long as you need someone to talk to.
Wishing you warm thoughts and hugs.
Louetta
Quote 0 0
Rebbecca
Thanks Louetta.
How do you fill the void?
Quote 0 0
lmc1221
Hi Rebecca,
I am so sorry about the loss of your precious dog. My beloved Reilly died on Nov. 29, and, while I can finally talk about her without crying, there is still an emptiness in my home and in my heart. I found that writing my memories of her on paper helped tremendously, and I collected all the photos and little things (her first leash, her first collar, the ribbons she would have on her ears after being groomed, etc.) that reminded me of her and put them in a memory box. The void will never be filled, I don't think, but each day gets a little easier.
Lisa

Quote 0 0
Lfc7118
Rebbecca,
The void never gets filled. I do have other cats that live in my home that I love and care for each day. He was my only boy cat that I have ever had. The love I felt for him seems different because he was my only boy. He was also the newest baby because he showed up about a year and a half ago so it just seems so unfair that he was taken so soon after coming into my life. I tried to find new ways each day to cope with his absence but it has not been easy. I spend a lot of time when I'm not working playing with my little girl cat Ruby. I know this is hard on her too and I just want her to know I am here for her. Each day gets a little easier especially since I am able to come to this forum and talk to others that need someone to listen to how they are feeling. Just like I do. It really helps being able to share my feelings with others that understand what I am going through.
Louetta
Quote 0 0
grunfelb
this is day 2 of losing both my cats and I am grieving with so much of a loss that I can't believe this to have happened so fast

Ben G
Quote 0 0