JaspersMom Show full post »
MissingTaco
I lost my Taco yesterday.  My heart is so broken, but this is so helpful to imagine that he has his wings and is happy up there.  I have to hold on to hope that he will be waiting for me when it is my time
Donielle Taco's Mom
*I love you forever my sweet Taco Beavy*

Quote 0 0
Vegas2015

Reading the post and “A Letter from the Rainbow Bridge”, all I can say is that I am glad I can close the door to my office.   Still hard to think our Chihuahua Vegas, 16 years, is gone but comforting that he is waiting for us to arrive by the bridge so one day we can walk together, forever. 

John & Renee
Quote 0 0
vlmatt
God Bless Your Heart!!  We all have been there and KNOW how it  F E E LS!!  We are with you!  What I learned during my time of grieving was that because I had such a deep love bond with my furry daughter, which is why it hurt so bad.   The Lord comforted me with a thought that my tears are "love drops" for the soul-animal that he gave to you us!  Yeah, sadly, there comes a time for all of us, but for sure, your Taco Soul is with God right now!  God created all things visible and invisible so goes for Taco!  Also, a book by the name of "Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates" is a masterpiece read!  Researched by a Baptist Preacher supported by the Bible, so it's real!  There is a 30 day pet Scripture devotion in the back of the book which is the only thing that got me through the first 30 days.   Prayers to you!
Vicki Mattingly 
Quote 0 0
joeslepski
Jasper's Mom:
Thank you for posting the letter. Christmas Day will be exactly 16 months since I lost Pal and I miss him more than ever. He never got salong with other dogs so I worry how he is doing at the Rainbow Bridge. I hope he is young again and playing with his friends.

Joe
joe slepski
Quote 0 0
MissingTaco
John I know how you feel my chihuahua was everything to me and I'm still not dealing with not having him with me here.  Thank you again for writing to me on my post about Taco too.  I really appreciate it.  

Vicki thank you so much for writing what you wrote here.  I need a book about dogs in the afterlife.  I just keep hoping and praying that he is there and will be waiting for me and I was actually trying to find something at a Christian Book Store last night, but didn't see anything about losing a beloved pet.  Thank you I just can't say it enough how comforting this is to me to have someone say that he is with God now.  I told him he would be with Jesus and my Granny would welcome him in Heaven, but I keep worrying about him.  I will definitely get that book I need it.  
God bless you too 

Donielle Taco's Mom

Quote 0 0
vlmatt
Oh my, I am thrilled that comforted you!!  Yes, yes and Yes!   That is what we all need to know for reality, not just "make me feel good stuff.!" Yes, Taco is there with Jesus as all souls return to God, the Creator maker of all things.   You may need to online order the book, but it's validated by Scripture, be assured of that!  Taco IS keeping your Granny in company!  Happy Christmas and hope this eases the pain!  God Bless You Deeply!
Vicki Mattingly 
Quote 0 0
MissingTaco
Oh it really does.  Takes a lot of my doubts and fears that I will never see him again away.  I am hurting so badly, but just to know he is definitely there and will be waiting for me makes me hopeful, and I trust in Jesus so I know I have to make sure I get to Heaven to see Taco again.  
Donielle Taco's Mom

Quote 0 0
princess7
Thank you Jaspers Mom for posting this!! It is Christmas Eve my heart is broke, i had to put my beautiful baby Princess to asleep on 12/08/15. My first Christmas without her is going to be touture, the pain is too much, i still can't believe she is gone. She was only 4 1/2 and the most affectionate , beautiful, loving, funny and a diva cat ! She was my fur daughter!! I am sorry about your loss and hope you find comfort on Xmas!!
Quote 0 0
Sierraflowr
JaspersMom wrote:
I found this beautiful and touching letter today and thought I would share it with you all. I do believe with all of my heart that they are just on the other side of the rainbow, watching over us and waiting for that wonderful and special day when we are reunited, never to be separated again.

A Letter from the Rainbow Bridge
Hi, mom and dad!
Now that I’ve been across The Rainbow Bridge for a couple weeks, they said I should write a letter home. Sorry, mom, but I’m so busy ‘across the bridge’ that I haven’t thought of home much. They said it’s okay and that you would understand. I hope you do. (I think you will.)
Remember that night when I wasn’t feeling very well and we were all crying? I don’t remember much, but I do remember seeing and hearing all of you and feeling your touches and hugs…I remember hearing “we love you” and that one last command of “Go through”. I didn’t know what you meant, so I turned around and walked through the fog that was in front of me. I saw the biggest bridge I’ve ever seen! And so many friends on the other side of it! They were all playing with toys and balls! You were right to tell me to go there!
My feet kept moving forward, but my heart kept pulling me back. Your touches became lighter and lighter and I wanted to come back and nudge your hands for more love, but I was overcome by this feeling of curiosity for the happy place over the bridge! My feet started moving on their own, like a gentle breeze was moving them forward for me! I can’t explain it, but I had no doubt that it was the right thing to do!
So, I walked across that big, huge bridge by myself! I looked for you, because you’re always by my side, walking with me, but this was different. I didn’t have a collar around my neck or a leash connecting me to you ~ I was ‘free’! Even though you weren’t there with me, I never felt alone! I actually felt like I had a huge cape of love wrapped around my body and the more I walked, the easier it was to breathe! So, I kept walking! And I would feel more warmth in the big hug, so I kept on walking! I eventually made it over the big bridge – I did it by myself, mom!
When I got here, all of my new friends greeted me and helped me walk off the bridge ~ it was so cool! They gave me a pair of wings and said that I was now a Guardian Angel!
What I’ve learned over these past few weeks has been amazing and nothing like I’ve seen before! We’re all the same up here ~ we all have wings and we all have Forever People to watch over ~ that’s YOU, mom! You’re my Forever Person and I’m your Forever Pet. We had such a great life together and I do miss you a LOT, but please know that I am so happy in my new home across The Bridge!
I’ll send you another Earth Angel so you won’t be alone. Give them your whole heart, like you gave it to me. I’ll check in every so often to make sure they treasure your love ~ I always did! When you miss me, think of a rainbow and know I’m on the other side of it, waiting to walk with you again. I’ll always be in your heart. I love you, mom and dad! Time for me to go play…."
Quote 0 0
Sierraflowr
Do you know who wrote that?
Quote 0 0
Gmr
That was beautiful. Made me smile
Quote 0 0
JinglesMom
Gmr wrote:
That was beautiful. Made me smile

Dear Gmr,
Thank you so much for your kind words about this sweet letter, and please forgive my late reply to your post. I can remember reading this beautiful story for the very first time, and then sharing it here a few years ago, and it made me smile also, and really did seem to lift my spirits. I was able to read a few of your threads about your sweet little Peanut, and I am so very sorry for your loss. It is unbelievably hard when we have to love them enough to let them go. My Jasper was only seven years old and was diagnosed with a very aggressive brain tumor, and within a span of three days, he had lost the ability to eat and even walk. I knew that I had to pull out every single ounce of strength and courage I had and do the right thing, for him. It was one of the hardest and most devastating decisions of my life, but I can see now that it was the right one. The doctor said that keeping him over night there would be basically keeping him on life support.

It was so heartbreaking for me to make the final call, but after almost six years of being able to process everything that had happened, I know without a shadow of a doubt that I made the right decision. I have often heard better a day early than a day late. I can so vividly recall holding my sweet cat Jingles in my arms in the middle of the night this past January while he was struggling to breathe, and that is one image that will forever haunt me. I did not realize how sick he was as he was still eating and drinking, but he was over 17 years of age, and I only wish that I had been able to know how quickly he was about to go downhill, but sometimes the obvious symptoms and signs are just not there. He was just fine and sleeping beside me when his dear little body started shutting down, and I am crying as I write this, because no matter how much time passes by, the pain and sorrow remains. So when all is said and done, if I had known what was about to transpire on that very cold and very dark January night, I wish that I had been able to give him a more gentle and peaceful passing. I held him and told him go to the light, my whole life was spent loving him and protecting him, but I could not bear to see him hurt even one more second. Then I prayed for God please to help him, and within a minute of that fervent prayer, my sweet baby was with the angels, and finally at peace. But no matter how or when we lose them, it always seems that awful word guilt rears it's ugly head.

I had absolutely no idea that he was going to wake up at 2 in the morning struggling with each and every breath, and if only I had known, I would not hesitated to bring him in and steel myself at losing him, but also knowing and believing that loving him enough to let him go was the most unselfish and giving thing I could do for him. Again I am so sorry for your loss, but just know that you gave your dear little one a wonderful life, and that when your baby crossed that bridge, you were with him every step of the way. They take a part of us with them when they cross over, but they leave so much more behind. He knew then and he knows now how very much you love and cherish him, and no time, distance, or separation can ever take that away. I know that the beautiful spirit of your special Peanut surrounds you still, and that his sparkling and wonderful light will always illuminate your path, and help you both find your way back to each other. You may not be able see him with your eyes, but you can always feel him with your heart. Sending lots of hugs to you and your precious little one at the bridge, JinglesMom
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
JinglesMom
Dear Gmr,
Just one more note, please forgive me for writing boy instead of girl for your precious little Peanut. I do not know what I was thinking, and then it would not let me edit my message. I know how much you love your sweet little girl and I do apologize. I just know that your dear little girl is smiling down from the Heavens right now knowing she is so missed and so loved. Take care and know that her sweet and beautiful spirit will always and forever be with you. Hugs to you and your best little girl, JinglesMom
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0