JaspersMom
To my dearest family, some things I'd like to say.
But first of all, to let you know, that I arrived okay

I'm writing this from the Bridge, where I dwell with God above,
there are no tears or sadness here, just eternal love.

Please do not be unhappy, just because I'm out of sight.
Remember that I am with you, every morning, noon and night.

That day I had to leave you, when my life on earth was through,
God picked me up and hugged me, and He said, "I welcome you."

"It's good to have you back again,
you were missed while you were gone.
As for your dearest family, they'll be here later on."

God gave me a list of things, that he wished for me to do.
And foremost on the list, was to watch and care for you.

And when you lie in bed at night, the day's chores put to flight,
God and I are closest to you - in the middle of the night.

When you think of my life on earth, and all those loving years,
because you are only human, they are bound to bring you tears.

But do not be afraid to cry: it does relieve the pain.
Remember there would be no flowers, unless there was some rain.

I wish that I could tell you, all that God has planned.
If I were to tell you, you wouldn't understand.

But one thing is for certain, though my life on earth is o'er.
I'm closer to you now, than I ever was before.

There are rocky roads ahead of you, and many hills to climb;
But together we can do it, by taking one day at a time.

It was always my philosophy, and I'd like it for you too;
That as you give unto the world, the world will give to you.

If you can help somebody, who's in sorrow and pain;
Then you can say to God at night - "My day was not in vain."

And now I am contented, that my life was worthwhile.
Knowing as I passed along. I made somebody smile.

God says: "If you meet somebody, who is sad and feeling low;
Just lend a hand to pick him up, as on your way you go."

When you're walking down the street, with me on your mind;
I'm walking in your footsteps, only half a step behind.

And when it's time for you to go, from that body to be free.
Remember you're not going...
you're coming here to me."

Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Thank-you so very much for this beautiful poem!
It couldn't be more timely for me
It has been exactly 12 weeks since I lost my darling boy. I am looking through pictures and snippets of videos, trying to honor his wonderful life
Focusing on all the lovely years we shared

Thanks again , you really made a difference
Diana
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
foolofatook819
BEAUTIFUL!  What an amazing poem.  I needed that tonight!  Thank you.  I was feeling so depressed and wondering why I keep trying even when the world seems to be stacked against me.  My plans keep getting hindered and nothing is going right.  I was starting to question living.  BUT, your poem reminded me that life is about loving and caring about each other no matter what storms are sent our way, how far we are apart, and how much we utterly miss those we cannot be with.  And no matter the circumstances, there are always other loving and caring beings here who are willing to help, and who in turn need our help.  Thank you for showing me some light!  :) 
The creatures who brought so much joy into our lives would not want us to be sad as we journey on, for we shall meet again.

Please visit Hobo Jo's Memorial at:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/HOBOJ002/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Diana, thank you so much for your kind words about this lovely poem I found. I know how hard it must be for you on this twelve week mark of the passing of your precious boy, but you know he is still with you in every way that counts. I really do understand how very much you miss him, and I can only hope that the touching words in this poem gave you some comfort and helped to ease some of your sadness, and I do believe with all of my heart and soul that we will be reunited with our babies again.

I miss my Jasper so very much, and the ache and the longing to hold him again never goes away, and it is like a part of me is missing and can never be put back together until he is in my arms once again. My heart so goes out to you on this bittersweet day, bitter because of the physical loss of your little one, but sweet because his spirit and light will never leave you, and as you go through those special photos and videos of him, I am sure he is so very close to you, and he can still feel how much you care, and he knows without a doubt, how very much he is loved. Hugs to you and your darling boy from me and Jasper.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Thank you very much foolofatook for your kind reply to this poem which seems to speak to so many of us in a very special way. Your words are so true when you write that life is about loving and caring about each other even in the midst of the storms we are going through. I am so sorry about the loss of your precious Hobo Jo, and I am happy to know that this poem was of some comfort to you. Hold onto all of the wonderful memories and the light they leave behind, that will never ever go away. Parakeets are so very sweet and special, I had one when I was growing up, and she was near and dear to my heart and meant the world to me. Keep faith and hope in your heart, our dear pets would never want to see us so sad, and I wish you peace and comfort in the days ahead.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Thanks so much for posting this poem JaspersMom.  I was feeling very down today...as I do most days it seems, thinking about how different life is now and how happy I used to be.  I look at my Dali's pictures and her eyes look right through me.  Things don't seem to get any easier.  That poem was wonderful ...  Thank you, I know they never go away, they are here with us.  I was looking out the window today, thinking of my Dali and how she loved the cooler weather.  A butterfly flew right by the window and kept going.  My heart beat faster, as I know butterflies are from heaven and signs.  She knew I was sad and thinking of her.  IT is just so hard not to be sad, even though they would not want us to be.  I love the last part of the poem...
And when it's time for you to go, from that body to be free.
Remember you're not going...
you're coming here to me."
That is so comforting...  Thank you
DSCN4325 (2).JPG 

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
JaspersMom,
Thank-you for the comforting words of support.It really means a lot to me, I know how much you are missing Jasper and to take time and energy to reach out to others is so kind. The poem really did help ease the pain. And yes we must keep faith that we will be reunited someday,, you with your beloved Jasper and I with my B.
I so understand what you say about the ache and longing that never goes away. And while I get lost in the moment , transported back in time when viewing photos , reality quickly rears its ugly head and I am left utterly bereft. Nothing can take the place of our loved ones physical presence and if I could will him back somehow I would.
Sometimes it still seems like I must be dreaming this and I only have to wake up...

Again thank you ever so much for reaching out. Sending Hugs to you and Jasper too, from me and my boy. :)

Diana

Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Dalidog, I am happy that this lovely poem was able to give you a little comfort. This grief journey we are all on is so very hard, and it seems as though when we do take two steps forward, something happens to send us reeling three steps back. I know I will always hurt for my Jasper, I know I will always cry for my Jasper, and even though I may keep waiting for my broken heart to heal, I don't think these shattered pieces will ever really come together, at least not until I am reunited with him, and he is in my arms once again, and I know you so understand how I feel, because your deep love for your Dali is so evident in your words to and about her.

Your Dali sent you that butterfly because she felt the depth of your sadness, and even though our babies may not want to see us so very heartbroken, they do understand that it is only because we love them so very much. I loved the last part of the poem also, and I cannot wait for that day when we go home to be with them, it cannot come soon enough for me. I was looking up at the sky today and found myself thinking that I was one more day closer to being with my Jasper, and I remember reading those words in one of your beautiful tributes to your Dali. I know how much you miss your sweet girl, as I miss my boy more than life itself, it is a hurt unlike any other. Thank you so much for writing, hugs to you and Dali, from me and Jasper.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Jaspers mom, How are you? When I read this it reminded me of the poem that I wrote for Coco and also with more thoughts that we should use the comfort that others have given us to then comfort others as well. That is so beautiful and well expressed in this poem. There are many things that I have learned from Coco's life. One of the most important ones is that our pets are pure love and they would want us to be the same way. One of the best ways to honor the life of my dear girl Coco is to become more of the loving person that she knew me to be. After all God is Love and the greatest of all spiritual gifts is the gift of Love. I think that your'e poem expresses these things beautifully.......thanks, hugs to you from me and Coco
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Hi Andrea, it is good to hear from you. I am doing fine, but sure do miss my boy. I found this poem and  it really spoke to me and touched my heart, and it sure did make my tears fall. Your post is lovely and your words are so insightful that our dear pets are pure love, and they would want us to be filled with that pure and unconditional love to help others in pain.

Your words about God being love, and the greatest of the spiritual gifts being love were just beautiful and oh so very true. Your sweet Coco must be so proud to have left so much love and light behind that her mom is able to help others who are filled with sadness and trying to make it through this roller coaster of grief. Thank you so much for writing, your words are truly inspiring and so very comforting ... your Coco must be quite the special girl and also quite blessed to have a mom like you. Hugs to you and Coco, from me and Jasper.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0