Mondee
My Leo passed away yesterday and I feel like it’s my fault. He just had dental cleaning Saturday and wasn’t feeling well after. He was in pain and I feel like I did not do enough to help with his pain. I’m sick to my stomach I want him back. I’ll do anything to get him back
He was only 4 yrs old. I miss him so much.
Quote 0 0
NeonCat
Mondee,
I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Leo. For me, the guilt I feel for not doing enough for one of my kitties (I just lost two) is almost debilitating. I can't stop crying, not only because I miss my babies so badly, but also because of the "what if's" and the "I should have's." Nevertheless, I know, analytically, that I did not set out do do things badly. I did what I thought what best in that moment. I suspect you did the same. You clearly love Leo and would never go down a path you thought would be anything less than what was best for him. We all do the best we can. I'm so sorry for the loss and pain you are feeling. My pain is still fresh and raw, but those who have gone through these things say it will become more bearable. All of us here are trying. I know this is so very difficult. Unfortunately I don't have the words to make things better, but for now, sending you hugs and healing thoughts.
Quote 0 0
SweetCoco
Mondee,
I’m so sorry to hear about your doggie’s passing. I’m going through a loss of my own and feel, like you, guilt, sadness, anger, and more. This site has really helped me. Everyone here understands what you’re feeling. Read the stories, share your feelings, but mainly hold on to the wonderful memories of your baby.
Quote 0 0
Mondee
Thank you Neoncat and SweetCoco for your kind responses. I apologize for replying late as I kept myself busy trying to get my life in order again. I am also sorry for your losses. I’ve learned it’s not easy to move on but looking back at the good memories does help ease the pain a little. I really did not expect anyone to respond. I felt I just needed to vent because I lost my best friend and I was traumatized. I don’t have children and i treated my precious dog as if he was my only child. I appreciate the response and I wish both of you well. 
Quote 0 0