phalaris14
Time.... it hurts and it helps.Five weeks today and the pain is still raw. I replay all of the memories... good and bad constantly. The good memories always bring a smile to my face. Why I relive those last few moments of Lady's life I do not know.Those are the saddest. All I know is that I miss my little dog very much.Writing this seems to help and reading about other losses lets me know that I am not alone in my grief.Thanks to all that post and respond.The knowledge that in all grief there is joy, and in all joy there is grief."
 I saw a book on Amazon.....Here is a good quote:

Dog Years

• Written by: Mark Doty
  • As his time with the dogs reaches its end, Doty must face the difficult realization that to deal with death is to accept it as the utter loss of an irreplaceable value. To grieve is to understand that, while we may carry on, while we may find new loved ones, the loss we have experienced is the disappearance of a unique individual who will never return, and this tragic disruption will become a permanent part of us.
I am not there yet; but with time, I hope to achieve it. Thank you.
 ps... I love you Lady
[image]
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Phalaris14:  I am so sorry to read about your Lady.  For some reason, I can't zoom to see her picture. What kind of dog was she?  How old?  I agree about 'time'. There are 'better days' & then smackdown...I want to stay under the covers all day. Why? I don't know but I am trying to focus on the deep & true love I shared with my Lucy. She was my soulmate dog. It helps to catch little signs here & there. Wish there were more of them. She's around me. I hope that you can feel Lady in the same way-- so that you can know that she is doing well...where you can 'feel her love...right there with you. We all really understand. Hugs, KC
Quote 0 0
phalaris14
Thanks for the words of encouragement. Lady the basset hound was twelve.
[image]
Quote 0 0
camunki
I totally understand your feelings....i too relive the "last day, the last moments" of my precious dog Munki who passed 8 weeks ago today. Even last night driving home from work, all i could think of was the vet with the "needles" and i started balling. 

I do have fond memories, good memories of my baby, it just takes time on this grieving path. Even this morning when i woke up, i opened my eyes and thought of my baby, and tears just started streaming down my face onto my pillow. It has been 8 weeks for me, the days do get a tiny bit better, somedays not, its just a hard path to be on.

You are not alone....

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0
DanHenao
phalaris14,

I am sorry to hear about Lady. Lady seemed like such a sweet dog. I also do relive the last few days of my cat Rupert, he died 3 days ago. What we can do is remember the good times with Lady and Rupert. 

Our pets can really change our lives in strange ways. We will never forget them. 
Danny

My friend, my brother, Rupert, pre 2001-January 25, 2016 
I love you and I miss you. 

Quote 0 0