ari13
I have read so many of your beautiful posts here and I resignate so much with each.  I lost my mom last December who had been sick and this loss was sad but expected.  A month after COVID started in US, a very good friend took his own life.  This was devastating to our community of friends.  Though it all, my yellow lab was right by my side, offering me unconditional love, peace, laughter, and hope.  Today, unexpectedly, she passed away.  She got sick a few days ago suddenly, we were starting treatment but her heart couldn’t handle it.  She passed away at home with my family surrounding her and helping her into Heaven.  Now we are left with such a space of utter emptiness.  I know this is grief and that grief is okay but it hurts so bad.  She was my line of defense against the world these days and now what?
Angela W
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Dear Angela,

I am very saddened to learn of your recent losses. Especially 3 of those, whom you cared about so much all in a row. Especially during these difficult and challenging times.

How remarkable is it that our pets can hold such a special place in our hearts as they do, that they can turn an entire home into an empty place without their presence? And if that is the case? while they were still living and among us, how important must they have felt? To know that they were held in such high regard, loved, adored and cherished. This is what your girl felt. You all made her a part of your family. She mattered. She was important. And she felt that all the days of her life that she was a part of yours. All dogs should be so fortunate and blessed.

Hold onto the memories of your beloved and they will still serve you. She is with you in spirit from here forward. Still watching over you. 

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
ari13
Thank you so much James.
Angela W
Quote 0 0
ari13
I would love to hear how others have coped with such a loss.  I am having such a hard time just to get out of bed.  I am not a crier but I can’t stop the tears. I can’t eat.  I know this will pass and with that knowledge, it does help me to just be with these emotions.  Any other tools that people have?
Angela W
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
I did not want to get up in the mornings it was the fact that I had a daughter and another pet Bertie to look after and I even lost my appetite.
I went for walks and got out of the house as much as I could but that proved hard as I saw others out with their pets enjoying themselves and rightly so.
To be truthful time is the healer as it has been almost two months since I lost my precious boy a Maine Coon cat and I still shed a tear every day...but you start to remember all the beautiful times you shared with your baby and now I can sit and laugh at what he use to get up to. I have his ashes here and I find that a comfort as I have a chat to him throughout the day.
You will start in time to feel better... but you will grieve as that is part of the process of healing.

Take care

Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
Mdmoore
Angela, I feel for you and can relate to your emotions.  My heart goes out to you.  My lab passed 4 months ago and it’s devastating. I had her since she was 8 weeks old and loved her with all my heart.  I cried for a while until there were no tears left and no energy to keep going.  I have another dog and needed to get up and take care of him. One thing that seemed to help was to stay as busy as possible and I had to put some of my fur babies stuff away because it reminded me of her and I would start on a downward spiral again. It also gave me some comfort to know that my baby girl Ruby is not suffering anymore.  I’m sad and miss her so much, but as much as I want her with me she is now in a better place where there is no pain.  Time may lessen the sadness I feel but it will always be there.  I hope some of this helps a little. With deepest condolences, Mel
M moore
Quote 0 0
ari13
Thank you so much.  This is helpful.  I went paddle boarding today on the ocean with a girlfriend of mine, which really helped.  Coming home to an empty house, not so helpful.  I put away her items because it was unbearable.  Keeping busy is a healthy coping skill.  Thank you for the advice.
Angela W
Quote 0 0
Monroegirl
So sorry for your losses.  It's so very difficult to lose our furbabies that help us through all the horrible things life sometimes gives us. (((Hugs)))
Quote 0 0