jen2010
The last few days   have been a roller coaster of emotions l have had my sisters  come from interstate , why it has been lovely its also a bit stressful as well , as when l talk about bubby  and what she would do just things in general they always say something smart like its been months why do you have pictures up and talk about her its so morbid.

The truth is l dont feel morbid or sad whenever l talk about her now  as l feel she is still around me  and l dont want to hide her pictures  and memories she is still such a huge part of my life.

Anyway after a rough few days my family went home this morning , and benji our new puppy l thought was having a nap , and l was pottering around the house cleaning after  visitors , and l went outside the front to get the garbage  bins out for collection thinking benji was asleep.

l didnt close the front door proberbly and he woke and  ran across the road and a car came l panicked and yelled BUBBY NO (not benji)

the car stopped within only a inch away from Benji l dont know why l yelled out BUBBY NO  (as bubby never ran across the road  she was trained not to , the puppy is only new and still in training his not up to the stage where he can go out without a lead) .

l believe my bubby stopped it happening l really do not even a second later the outcome would have been devestating l think bubby  is benji's guardian angel .
Quote 0 0
SammysDad

I truly believe in that!  Thanks to Bubby for that save!  Having photos and memories of your baby is NOT morbid.  Sammy passed just about two months ago.  We have an oil painting of him in our formal room and it holds a place of honor.  He is the centerpiece over the couch.  When you enter the house....you can't miss him as you peer left.  We have photos of him all over the house.  He was our baby for almost eleven years.  You don't erase the feelings and happiness they bring.  Benji is lucky to have a loving guardian angel!!!

Quote 0 0
DebbieD
Good for you, Bubby, looking out for your new little brother.

I have pictures of my first girl, Gwen, all over and she's been gone almost 6 years. I don't understand why people think they should be taken down? I have pictures of many of my family members around who have long since passed and I'll bet no one would say anything about those. These are my babies and I like having them around.
Quote 0 0
jen2010

Thanks sammys dad and deb   benji is definately a lucky boy to  have bubby watching over us.

Quote 0 0
donnalee

Whew!  That was close.  I'm glad Benji had an angel (Bubby) watching over him.   Bubby knows that would have been too much for you to take!  Gee, I'm realizing one really has to take so many precautions.  I've read of so many devastating accidents lately on this site.  Jen, I'm so glad you are not having to write about that.

Quote 0 0
judylinn

Jen. maybe put a baby gate up. thats what I did when Maddie was a puppy, for anywhere that was dangerous...you've had a safety warning, and I am so thankful that all was well.  Judy

Quote 0 0
joshiesmom
thank God... for that..
i just lost my baby in a car accident..Thank God for that miracle
i just have not been able yet to look at my babies picture..i get sick even going into the store and seeing the pet aisle and his favorite foods..
i look forward to being able to put up his pictures...
God bless
Quote 0 0
jen2010

it was definately an eye opener and to be honest l keep flashbacking to that second when the car  hit the brake , he was such a nice man it gave him a scare to .our yard is secure  fortunately  but as l said l had the gates open and was taking the bins out for the garbage men, next time l think benjis asleep l wont make that mistake again and will  just shut that door proberly  or even crate him for a few minutes their is such a huge differnce between an 18 year old dog and a 14 week old puppy a huge lesson was learnt to puppy proof everything. l thank god my bubby was looking out for him

Quote 0 0
jen2010

baby gate fantastic idea thanks judy heres a pic of benji l thought l would share

Quote 0 0