Konasmomma
I've never used anything like this before but I feel so lost and broken.  My beautiful lab, Kona, was only 4 years old, full of life and love.  We were at the river doing what he loved most when he got stuck in the current and couldn't make it out.  We tried to get to him, others helped, the police came, there was no way to get to him.  It was so sudden and unexpected that I feel stuck in the grief and most of all the overwhelming guilt that this was my fault.  If only I had not taken him to the river or taken him to a different spot... it just keeps playing in a loop in my head and I'm at a loss as to how to ever get past this horrifying event.  Everyone tells me it was a tragic accident but I'm having such a hard time accepting it.  I just thought telling my story to other pet lovers might provide a bit of solace for me.  Thank you for listening.
Melinda Gray
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
So sorry and such a heart breaking story...accidents do happen and try not beat yourself up about it though that is easier said than done...the grief will in time get less and you will start remembering the good and loving times you spent with Kona.

He will always be in your heart.

Thinking of you at this sad time.

Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
jarvisfurmom
I'm so sorry for your loss. You have every right to grieve and cry but let's slowly take away our guilts from our hearts that we feel for our passed fur babies. They know that we loved them unconditionally just as they loved as and I'm sure they wouldn't want their fur parents to blame themselves for such accidents. We'll learn to accept it in time. Sending my condolences. 
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Melinda:

I am so sorry about your beloved Kona. There's no way in the world that you would have known about the river's current. This is not your fault - it's strictly a cruel act of nature. I hope that you find some peace and understanding within this Forum. Please let us know how you are coping. We're all here for you.

Warmest regards,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
BarbOscar13
Kona's momma I'm so sorry for your loss! Writing your feelings/thoughts will help  with your grieving, all of us feel some kind of guilt about the decision we made about our fur babies, "the loop" I understand you 100% , there is one as well in my head, 
I wish time gives you some healing and please keep coming to this forum, you can join the live chat as well, people in here understand our feelings...hugs ❤❤❤
Quote 0 0
miasara
I’m so very sorry for the loss of your Kona. This was indeed a tragic accident that you could not prevent. I understand the guilt though as I have it too. My pup was young too, only 3, but very ill. I still have ifs/ what more could I have done to save her. I think that’s only natural. I hope you find comfort here. We all understand grief and the undying love of our beloved pets. I’m sending you a virtual hug and lots of comforting thoughts. 
mia sara
Quote 0 0