Charlie_Boy Show full post »
Charlie_Boy
Tom,

Thank you for your warm thoughts and sharing your story.  It is obvious how much you loved your Bert & Jayda.  I am sorry for your loss.  I knew we would lose Charlie one day, but never expected the hole in my heart to be so large.  I thought I prepared myself due to his aging but I quickly learned there is no way to prepare for such a loss.  

God bless you as well Tom.

Kim
Quote 0 0
Graceful
Hello Kim,

My sincere condolences to you and your family for your loss of inimitable Charlie.   Really, he could not appear more lovable in the pics you posted, and in person, well, I can see you loved him dearly, and with all your heart.  He is truly beautiful.  

Of the letters to Charlie you posted (they are all beautiful), I could not help but comment on this one, as you show that Charlie was a true search & rescue dog, who not only did his job, but was able to elicit feelings of security and safety for a little girl who was lost.  That's quite a legacy.  You and Charlie's Daddy will always be proud and I don't blame you.

My kitty, Twirl, crossed close to a year ago, of pancreatic cancer; like you (and so many others), it all happened so fast.  One day perfectly fine, happy, loving life and being loved here, and then ... a "what's that, honey?" when I noticed his tummy looked distended.   So many of us have had to face the sudden end to a life that was thriving, as we are left shattered and bereft.  

It's so good to see you have Charlie home safe and sound now; I hope that his urn and of course, your treasured memories of a life well lived, will ease your sorrow in time.  

Sending you comfort, hope, energy and light, in remembrance of your dear Charlie Boy.
Grace and Twirlie  xox

Charlie_Boy wrote:
 You were certainly "one of a kind".  We talked about your search & rescue days.  There was a little girl you rescued in the woods.  Do you remember?  Daddy said the little girl was lost and you found her.  She was so scared that she held on to you and wouldn't let you go.  Daddy said you never left her side.  You stayed with her until the rest of the team found you both.  Daddy was so proud of his boy.  

I am looking forward to tomorrow's Candle Light ceremony.  I will be sending you love, kisses, and hugs from afar.  

I love you Charlie.  

Mama

Rescue.jpg 

"Now that the time has come
 Soon gone is the day,
 There upon some distant shore
 You will hear me say,
 Long as the day in the summer time
 Deep as the wine-dark sea,
 I'll keep your heart with mine
 Till you come to me"  (LM)

Quote 0 0
Charlie_Boy
Dear Graceful,

I am so sorry to hear about your kitty, Twirl.  What a unique name.  I am sure he was very special to you and your family.  Thank you for reading our story.  Charlie was truly amazing. He loved his search and rescue job.  The ironic thing about rescuing the little girl is that he was supposed to leave her side to run back and alert the team that he found her; but he refused to leave her side.  She clung to him and wouldn't let him go.  

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.   

Peace be with you,

Kim
Quote 0 0
Charlie_Boy
My Dearest Charlie Boy,

It is Thanksgiving eve and our home is missing you terribly.  It is just not the same here without you.  Daddy took Zarco to the Dog Park today but he missed you not being there.  I prepped Thanksgiving dinner and missed you not being at my feet.  It will be sad tomorrow because everyone will be here but you Charlie.  This will be our first Thanksgiving without you.  Please know that I love you Charlie.  It is so comforting to know that we have your ashes and you are here with us though.  Did you know that Daddy ordered over 100 pictures of you?!?  He is putting together a scrap book of you and your years as a puppy, teenager, adult, and senior pahie.  He has an area in the house set up just for remembering you.  I will send you a picture as soon as he has it completed.  I hope you are having fun Pahie.  We miss you terribly.  

I love you Charlie,

Mama. 
Quote 0 0
Charlie_Boy
Hello my sweet boy,

On this day of thanks I wanted to let you know how thankful I am for having you part of my life for almost 14 years.   I know you are still with me everywhere I go.  You were always right by my side, no matter what.  You never let me out of your sight.  Strange little things have been happening around the house.  I know it is you letting me know you are close by.  I love you Charlie.   Today was especially hard to get through.  You were always taking care of others before yourself.  I love and miss you so much Pahie.

Love,

Mama
Quote 0 0
Charlie_Boy
Hello my sweet boy,

Daddy and I went on another walk today and of course we talked about you the whole time.  It was a beautiful, warm day.  We saw several Goldens on the walk.  We saw one that was muddy, just like you would have been on a walk around a lake.  Not only would you have found the lake, you would have rolled around in at least 2-3 mud holes.  We didn't mind though.  We would just scoop you up and put you in the truck.  Do you remember that Daddy and I would argue, sort of :), about who was going to give you the bath?  Looking back, you must have just been laughing inside at us.  We must have seemed hilarious to you.  Well, as you know, we would both end up giving you the bath.  You always stood there so good to get your bath.  Maybe because you were thinking, it was the least you could do after getting all muddy :).  Thank you Charlie for all the wonderful memories.  I have so many memories of you; I promise you that you will live on forever in my mind and in my heart.  I just want you to know that you were the best dog ever.  

I love you Pahie,

Mama

thumb_P1010068-PLCopy-(1)_1024.jpg 

Quote 0 0
Charlie_Boy
Hello my sweet boy,

We received a card in the mail today from your Vet.  Everyone signed it.  It was so nice.  I attached a picture of the card for you to read.  Everyone you came in contact with loved you so much Charlie.  You were our special boy.  Please always remember that.  I love you Pahie.  My eyes are still wet for grieving you every day; day in and day out.  You were our pride and joy.  You were such a sweet boy Charlie.  I miss you so much.  We took Zarco on a walk today at your old stomping grounds - Blackbird State Park.  He even got in the water.  He pulled several logs out of the water.  Do you remember that you two would see who would pull the most logs out of the lake?  He got a little muddy too; not nearly as muddy as you would have gotten though :).  We did have to give him a bath when we got home.  He ran a lot Charlie.  Just like you would have done.  I miss you Pahie.  I pretended you were there with us.  I even felt like you ran by me a few times.  I know you are all around me Pahie.  You would never leave my side.  You may be at the Rainbow Bridge, but I know you are not too far from my side.  You never would venture too far.  I love you Charlie.  

Mama

IMG_8267 copy.jpg 

Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Hello Kim,
         I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and Charlie. Your letters to him are so sweet, full of the love in your heart for your special boy. You miss him so very much and I wish that words could give you the hug of comfort that you need.
          He seemed like such a well behaved companion. Even standing still for a bath! His disposition seems lovely Kim.  My heart shares the pain for the loss of your precious boy............Please take care..........Sincerely, Andrea, Coco's Mom
Quote 0 0
Charlie_Boy
Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your thoughtful post and your kind words about my Charlie boy.  I hope Charlie feels the same way.  I think he does because I have been getting little signs that he is listening.  He was always there for us no matter what and I want him to know that we will always be there for him and how much he meant to us and still means to us.    When he was here with us, he truly never left my side.  If I was sitting at my computer, he was right next to me.  If I was in the kitchen, he was right there.  Like you said, he was a true, well behaved companion.  As you know with the loss of your Coco, this pain seems endless at times.  Please take care of yourself as well.  I wish you safe travels on your journey to finding peace with the loss of your dear Coco.  

Best,

Kim
Quote 0 0
Charlie_Boy
Hello my sweet boy,

Just sitting here thinking about you and wanted to say Hi.  I am sending kisses your way <3 <3 <3.  I hope you are enjoying your day at the Rainbow Bridge.  I'm told it is always sunny and nice there.  Tori stopped by to visit with you today.  I'm sure your already knew that though since you are watching over us :).  

I love you Pahie,

Mama
Quote 0 0
Charlie_Boy
Hello my sweet boy,

Mama is here for you.  I would never leave you.  I miss you so much.  Lovie is having surgery tomorrow.  You know how scared she gets when she goes to the vet.  Please comfort her like you always do.  Please stay with her and make sure she is okay.  Please ease her pain.  Please watch over the doctor and make sure he takes good care of our Lovie.  I couldn't bare to lose another one of my babies.  Thank you for being there for her Pahie.  I love you more than you could ever know.  You are our rock and always will be.  

Mama
Quote 0 0
Charlie_Boy
Hello my sweet boy,

Thank you for watching over Lovie today during her dental surgery.  She did really, really well; the surgery went better than expected.  I know it was because you were watching over her.  You are our guardian angel now Pahie.  We are so lucky to have you watching over us.  I know you are taking care of all the other fur babies at the Rainbow bridge too.  That is just your nature.  Making sure everyone is okay and everyone is getting along.  I love and miss you so much Pahie.  

Forever in my heart.

Mama
Quote 0 0
Charlie_Boy
Goodnight my sweet boy. I love and miss you so much.

Sweet dreams.

Love Mama.
Quote 0 0
Charlie_Boy
Hello my sweet boy,

Today has been especially difficult for me.  I keep seeing the last image of your sweet face.  Gazing into my eyes.  I had your sweet face in both of my hands.  Not wanting to let you go.  I was telling you how much I loved you.  I was telling you that it was okay.  That mama would see you soon.  You gazed back into my eyes with the most trusting look as if you were telling me that it was okay.  I know you loved me with all your heart.  The same as I loved you back.  Charlie..I can not believe how difficult this has been.  I weep for you everyday.  Everyday.  Everyday.  I love you Charlie with all my heart.  

Mama
Quote 0 0
Charlie_Boy
Merry Christmas my sweet Charlie Boy.  We love and miss you very much.  I wish you were here with us right now.  You always loved this day, helping the kids to open their presents.  

You are in our hearts forever Charlie.  

Love you so much,

Mama
Quote 0 0