rfleming3719
Today has been the single worst day of my life.  My 16 year old boy lost his battle with cancer.  We found a lump on his rib in July and they aspirated fluid from it and sent it to pathology and it was confirmed to be a very rare cancer in cats, Plasma Cell cancer.  The vet said it is pretty aggressive and after watching him decline tremendously this week, I made the decision that for him, I needed to end his pain.  I held him in my arms until he took his last breath, which was so fast, he just had no more fight left in him.  I am absolutely crushed and heartbroken.  I can't imagine not seeing him jump on the counter and beg for treats when he sees me walk into the pantry, I can't imagine walking into my kitchen and not see him sunbathing on the counter by the window.  How do we continue to go through our normal lives when such a huge part of our life is gone?  He was the most loving, affectionate and gentle boy I have ever known in a cat.  He loved snuggles and the minute I started to pet him, his little motor started and he would purr so loud.  He was my little love bug.  I never knew the pain could be so real and so bad.  Thank you for reading and it's comforting to see that I am not alone in this absolutely horrible process.  I miss you Casper and I will love you until I take my final breath. IMG_6252.jpeg 
I'm sorry for your loss, it's a painful thing to endure.  You will get through it, he knows he was loved more than anything. I still talk to my baby everyday as if he is still with us, his spirit at least. I try really hard to believe they know and can still see us. I have his brother who also misses him a great deal. I wish I had more comforting words, but my little one died in June and I  cry every day. Some days worse than others. We will see them again one day.
Lisa
Quote 0 0
rfleming3719
Thank you Lisa.  I have never known a pain so horrible  :( 

I'm sorry for your loss as well.
Your baby looks so much like my girl Raven! I'm so sorry! I wish that all the horrible things that happen to animals would just go away forever. I said goodbye to Raven just before Easter and I still feel like it was this morning. Just know we're all here, and you're not on this road alone. When you love someone as much as we love our babies and they love us, that's not something to be taken lightly. The moments spent with them are worth more than gold.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Our babies will always love us, and maybe Raven is showing your boy around right now, telling him what a wonderful place the Bridge is 🐱🌈🐱
Quote 0 0