Catlady328
Today I had to let my 2 month old FIV+ kitten go. I am struggling a great deal, not sleeping. She was sick with another virus, and had a concurrent unhealing upper respiratory infection. I also have two other sick cats at home, with difficult but treatable diseases. I'm particularly having a hard time because I had to let my Marie (kitten) go mostly based on financial decisions. I have thousands of dollars already sitting/racking up on my care credit in vet bills. This part is destroying me. I couldn't afford to keep testing, especially because FIV+ is not curable and comes with risks of life complications from other illnesses. I still have so much more testing, care, and vet bills to come with my two other sick cats.
I was also afraid of her spreading the disease to my other cats as she was an aggressive biter even at that age. I am so incredibly broken and upset. I'm feeling so many emotions I can't even express. Looking for any support please. Please no judgment on my decision.
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
I am so sorry for your loss. Give your self a pat on the back for caring for a fiv+ kitty because most people won't. I applaud you for that! I too feel quilt because of financial burden. I had to let my cat go of 19 years this past Thursday. I knew it was his time but I just wasnt ready when they called me to bring him in from his bloodwork. We were playing that morning! You gave your furbaby the best care and I thank you for that. I have 2 other cats as well and 1 of them is 18 years old. I feel so bad for her because she keeps looking for him and sniffing his scent to where he layed the most. Big hugs coming to you. Xo
Quote 0 0
Catlady328
Thank you so much for the kind words ! I'm so very sorry for your loss as well. My other kitty is also looking for his kitten pal. It breaks my heart. It's so hard to say goodbye to our fur babies.
Quote 0 0
BlairS
I am sorry to hear of your loss Catlady328.  You won't find any judgments here.  Four and a half years ago a sweet little stray cat wandered into my life, and into my heart.  I found out she was FIV positive before I adopted her officially, and she had more than her share of health problems in our short time together, including cancer surgery.  I knew her time with me would be shorter than most, but I would not trade our time together for anything in the world, even as agonizing as these last months without her have been.  It's coming up 6 months now I had to make the horrible decision to let her go, she just got so sick so fast, and I still second guess my decision every single day. A piece of my heart is gone forever.  It's not an easy decision any time, and especially so when they are so young.  I wish you all the best in your healing, and offer profound thanks for your caring for a creature that many would not even try.  The world needs more people like yourself.  Sending my most sincere thoughts and prayers.

Blair
Quote 0 0