Forum

Author   Comment  
kitsmom

Reply with quote  #1 

I haven't been on here for awhile.   Having lost 3 pets in the last few years, with Jake the latest in May of this year,  I brought home another cat, Kenna, from a shelter where she had been for almost 2 years.  She is a great companion for Cosmo, who is my almost 13 year old cat.  Kenna is a tiny cat who weighs only about 8 pounds (compared to my monster size cat Cosmo who weighs 16).  Even with the pain of loss, the joy of these lives as part of mine makes the sting of the their loss bearable.  I believe there is a poem about "The Dance" and without the pain I would never have had the dance.  So true.  For those who are grieving their recent and more distant losses, remember the dance, the love and smile through your tears.  Our pets are here for a short time really, but they bring of a lifetime of love and lessons.  Walk on proudly that they loved YOU, and you loved them.  Really, that is what is all about .....  I've attached a picture of my latest little friend - Kenna who overcame being in the bush with five kittens and almost two years in a shelter, where she had lots of love, but not really a home.  She is a star!

Attached Images
jpeg Sept_7_download_060.jpg (623.51 KB, 8 views)

tikidikidoo

Reply with quote  #2 

How beautiful that you adopted her. She's lovely. She was waiting for you and you finally came and took her to her forever home. I wish you many hears of love and happiness. 

Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #3 
Dear Andrea,

It's so good to hear from you again!  Your post brought tears of happiness to my eyes.  As you and I both know, it's just what so many people need to hear.  We do heal, we can love again, and it's entirely possible to fall in love with one while still missing another.  The new ones help our hearts to heal, but he ones who have gone ahead remain snuggled within us forever. 

Please give Kenna and Cosmo squillions of ear scratches for me.  They are both so lucky to have such a great momcat. 

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.