Penni
I am new here, but have read a lot of the posts.  I lost my little girl kitty, Keesha, Monday, April 30, which was only 6 days ago.  She was only 10 years old. I did not know how much pain I would have.  She had an untreatable condition and I had to make a decision "right now" or take her home and let her suffer.  I did the "right now".  I stayed in bed sobbing for 2 days and haven't gone a day without crying for her yet.  I am able to go through the motions of daily life but find no enjoyment or comfort in anything. My husband loved her, too, but not in the same way, I guess.  He is just fine, yet very supportive of my grief. I have a history of depression and feel very much that I am slipping back into it.  I am just soooo sad.
Penni
Quote 0 0
camunki
hi Penni I am so sorry for the loss of your Keesha and this is all fresh new and raw and the upcoming months are by far the hardest.

Its ok to stay in bed and cry, i did for 3 days and did not go to work for 3 days as I was physically sick when i had to put my last baby Jemma to rest.

You did a selfless act with your Keesha, she was in pain and that is no way to live, yet sending her off to the Rainbow Bridge was a hard thing to do, and with that we grieve and have meltdowns out of nowhere. From what you write it shows how much you love your lil' girl.

Please keep her legacy living on with pictures, talking about her, talking out loud to her and keeping her memory living on.

My heart aches for you and please keep coming back and posting, it does take away that alone feeling.

hugs from ((Cam))

Cam

Quote 0 0
Sooz
You gave your kitty the grace of an easy passing, and you took on the suffering of saying goodbye so she wouldn't suffer. You'll never forget her, I know. RIP Keesha, sweet little kitty girl.
Heaven is the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you.
Quote 0 0
Penni
I am trying to live my daily normal life, but it is so hard. Thank you for your support. We went to see family and a movie yesterday. My anxiety was very high because i was sure they would say something that would make me cry. My husband took them aside and explained things and i was ok. We went out to dinner and it was hard to eat. Food sits like lead in my stomach and i would rather not eat at all. The worst times are when we get home and there is no Keesha waiting at the door. Or my morning “kitty time” before i get out of bed. I miss petting her and listening to her purr. She always took care of me when i didn't feel good, keeping me company. Now its all gone. It hurts my heart.
Penni
Quote 0 0
Penni
I read the poem The Rainbow Bridge and it made me cry......again. Oh, if only it were true. I like to think my little dog Pootsie and Keesha are together in such a happy place. I lost Pootsie many years ago, but she still lives in my memories.
Penni
Quote 0 0
Penni
Today it is one week since my baby Keesha has been gone.  I have got to say the severe pain and distress is calming down just a little, but I am still extremely sad and lonely for her.  Every time I leave the house I think she will greet me when I get home, and, of course, she doesn't.  I read some of the posts and see the pain so many people feel with the loss of their cherished pet. I feel for all of you because I have the same pain.  Remember the good times.  It doesn't seem to help right away, but I'm sure it will after a while.
Penni
Quote 0 0
Penni
Time is going by and I am living my life. I have regrets, though. When I took Keesha to the vet it was so traumatic for both of us. She was a rescue kitty and I was never able to pick her up. Probably some kind of abuse, but I never knew. She would sit on my lap and be very loving, as long as it was her idea. So, at the vet’s they had to wrap a towel around her to pick her up. She just screamed and screamed, something I had never heard her do. They had to sedate her to examine her. She screamed when she got the shot, too. So, her last memories (and mine) are of her screaming, feeling pain, throwing up on the floor, and passing out. I did pet her while she was on the table, but it was almost like she was gone already. My regrets? I didn’t hold her in my arms. I refused everything they offered because I was in so much shock. They offered me some of her fur, a paw print, and her ashes after it was over. I couldn’t even stay for the injection. I was so distraught. I just thought I would have more time to decide. I am still so sad, miss her, and regret not taking advantage of the gifts of little bits of her.
Penni
Quote 0 0