tazmoe
What do you fellow pet lovers do to keep your mind busy?

The grief we all share for our lost pets is certainly painful. I feel the most hurt when I get home from work. My front door has a stained glass etching that you can sort of see the inside of the house from. Whenever I would get to the front door from my car Kona would hear me fumbling with my house keys. I could always see his faint image from the door window, and so I would always be excited to open the door and greet him.

Now that he is gone I always dread coming home from work and making that walk to my front door. This evening I just broke down crying as I walked to my door. It's never going to be easy for me coming home in the evening, but I try to keep my mind busy as soon as I get inside.

I would like to know what everyone here does in their spare time, as it would give me ideas on how to keep my mind off Kona all the time.
Quote 0 0
missinmylady13
i understand exactly how you feel. I try to keep busy by doing small projects around the house, read a good book or distract myself by watching a good movie. Although the crying has gotten less frequent, after 4 months I still find my self occasionally sobbing when I see her picture. I guess we can't escape it completely. You may want to try volunteering if you have the time. I think that would be a great distraction and also rewarding. Hope things get better for you!
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
I turn on the TV pretty much as soon as I walk in. Not really to watch it, but just to have the noise. I live alone, so it was just Rookie and I, and from the moment I got home, I was occupied with his needs or getting ready for the following day. Playing with him was always noisy (fetch is always better with barking 😉) and getting ready for the next day involved Rookie helping and following me everywhere. Hearing his nails on the floor or collar as he ran were a constant. I love to read, but unfortunately have been unable to really concentrate on one since Rookie passed.... now it's just mindless TV when time allows. I'm back at work (teacher) so that has kept my evenings a bit more busy.

Sorry for rambling! Thinking of you and Kona!
Quote 0 0
tazmoe
Just about 3 am here where I live and still can't sleep. I have to be 100 percent tired to even almost fall asleep nowadays. Sometimes I watch a movie to put me to sleep or drink some chamomile tea. However tonight has just been horrible. Staring at Kona's empty bed is so heart wrenching.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll take up reading novels again to keep my mind busy.
Quote 0 0