Karola
Our sweet boxer lady Kayla closed her eyes so very unexpected Saturday morning. The very bad part is I left to Germany March 10 to visit finally in 8 years. My husband came on March 21 as well and dropped Kayla off in a cannel. She was healthy got her shots days before as well as we received pictures of her that she was doing fine. We picked her up Friday morning and I was in shock. She was skinny limping and looked very weak. We imidetly made a app at the doctor. Which was scheduled for Saturday afternoon. She didn't eat just layer didn't move much at all. Not being herself at all. Saturday morning me my 2 kids and grand baby we're playing on the floor. Which Kayla got up and laid herself right in between us. I pet her and told my daughter something is very wrong with her. The people at the cannel told my husband that she try to get out the cannel past Tuesday and must pulled a muskel by doing so. That's why she was limping. We were told ones we picked her up. So she laid in between us and soon after her eyes just didn't move anymore her mouth started twitching and she stopped breathing. I was in a shock devastating not understanding what happened to her. She was fine weeks before. I feel so guilty for giving her to there not knowing what happened. Why didn't there call us after she got hurt? Why no text or e mail? We could had someone get her to pick her up and take her to a doctor. We did a autopsy to find out as right now she had a tumor in her lungs. Why didn't we know of this? Why didn't she cough for us to know? How is it possible to go from a happy dog to 3 weeks later she dies? I'm so sad mad hurt and can't get over this! Was she in pain there? She lost so much weight why nobody told us? I'm speechless and in much grief!!!!! She found us February 14 2009 and we immidantly loved her with all our hearts. We adopted her and she gave us unconditional love since than. I should have never left to Germany
Karola Williams
Quote 0 0
Sampson
Hi Karola,
I am so very sorry for your terrible loss. Please remember even though you are in so much pain that you did give her so much love and you were there for her at the end. There is so little one can say at a time like this but I think it will give you comfort in the future to know you were with her when she needed you most. If she got sick and passed so quickly there might not have been anything you could have done and you just can't always know when you book a trip or leave your pet what could happen so please don't blame yourself. Most likely nothing would have happened but unfortunately your dear pet had that tumor so she went very quickly but she left with you and your husband beside her: she left surrounded bu your love.
Sending you hugs!
Sampson
Quote 0 0
Baumert81
What a beautiful little girl. God has a plan for every human or animal. The hardest part is the why's! Be kind to yourself, you precious Kayla would want you to! My prayers are with you!
Hogans Daddy
Quote 0 0
Karola
Thank you so much for your kind words even it brought tears to my eyes ones again it's wonderful to read. I love her so much and miss her badly but I also know time heals. But it's to fresh and it's ok the tears I share. Thank you:)
Karola Williams
Quote 0 0
Karola
I miss you so much tonight. I'm sitting here looking at your bed and blanket u always used. I miss you walking behind me where ever I go in the house. I missed you standing by the door when I came home. I missed you laying in front the shower earlier when I finally decided to get up since I was not able to since you left me 2 days ago. I'm deeply hurt, this pain I never knew I have. The same the love I have for u I never knew before I met you. You gave our life such special meaning and I thank you for this. We miss and love you so much Kayla. We have a candle on for you tonight. Have sweet dreams and never forget our love for you. Your mom and dad❤️
Karola Williams
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Hi Karola,
I am so sorry at the loss of your beloved Kayla! I hope that you and your family are doing okay. It is such a sad and difficult time for all of you.
Please take care,
CK
Quote 0 0
KatiesMom
Karola, I am so sorry and feel the pain, you are going thru.
Your sweet baby is so beautiful.
And I agree, there is nothing you could have done to save your baby. That does not make it easier, I know......and I am so sorry.
Hope, my Katie and your Kayla find each other in heaven and run together at the beach.
Hugs, Susanne
Quote 0 0
Karola
Thank you for writing me. I hope she knows that I loved her so very much and that I miss her badly. Last night was a bad night again. I keep waking up filled with tears and sadness. Some how anger about not knowing that she was so sick. I was in Germany thinking of her every day.. I could not wait to see her again. I don't understand from Sunday we got pictures send and she looked just fine till Friday we got her back and she was so sick!
How is it possible in such short time? I have so many questions but no answers! Why didn't she cough and we could seen in a x ray the tumor? And maybe helped her:( I'm so sad mad disappointed in myself.
Susanne she loved the beach and all the dogs there. I hope she has a great time playing and is not sad for me not being there:(
Karola Williams
Quote 0 0
Karola
It helps so much to be a part of this group just to read we not alone in this. I feel so sad for everyone who lost there babys. But I know months from now I can think of the fun times with her the crazy things she did like laying right in front the shower that I could not get out. She was very protective of me and always by my side. She follow me on the house to each room I would go. She was very silly at times and I loved her for that:)
Karola Williams
Quote 0 0
Baumert81
Karola wrote:
It helps so much to be a part of this group just to read we not alone in this. I feel so sad for everyone who lost there babys. But I know months from now I can think of the fun times with her the crazy things she did like laying right in front the shower that I could not get out. She was very protective of me and always by my side. She follow me on the house to each room I would go. She was very silly at times and I loved her for that:)

That is the most important thing to remember. As comforting as their physical bodies were, we all fell in love with their heart, soul, personality and sometimes attitudes lol. Only the fur suit is gone, we will carry their love with us forever.
Hogans Daddy
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Karola  What a Beautiful girl Kayla is.  Your pictures of her are beautiful. I am so so sorry to read of her passing. I never really did find out what my Winston had, but from reading other peoples pets symptoms, I'm positive is was either cancer or kidney failure.

When Kayla crawled in the middle of your family, I think she was saying goodbye. Animals seem to know when their end has come. My Winston passed 3/2/16.  I am still grieving for him. Keep posting things in this forum. You are most certainly not alone in your grief.  Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Sue is right Karola. We're all sending positive thoughts for healing your way! I too think it was wonderful that you could be there for Kayla at the when she really needed you. It must have given her so much peace and let her know that it was okay to go being encircled with so much love.
I know it was a huge shook and terrible loss for you and I am very sorry for your pain!
Hugs,
MJ
Quote 0 0
Sky
Kayla,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know how difficult it is. I lost my Skylar unexpectedly 2 months ago. The pain has eased, but I will always miss her gentle spirit and unconditional love.
Feel free to grieve. Some may not understand, but not everyone has been blessed with a special companion and family member like Princess.
Rest in the memory that you were with her. She felt secure enough in your love to feel at peace enough to let go.
I believe we will see our Princess and Skylar in heaven one day. They are in a far better place and waiting to welcome us home♡
Quote 0 0