JOWE
I know this is a forum about personal pet loss and I came to this forum July 14th after loosing my beloved Whitey, it has helped tremendously. We gave our animals such a wonderful life then i read stories like the one about Kiya aka Puppy Doe found severely abused so horrifically she had to be euthanized. The torture this dog had to endure is unimaginable. If you have the stomach for it read about her case on facebook or the articles online it will break your heart. There are so many animals that need good caring homes. We must move forward for the sake of our furbabies and help the abused animals we read about. Our pets would not want it any other way.
Quote 0 0
heartsick
I have been very involved with rescue for over 8 years now.
I have also been very involved in the "Justice for Puppy Doe"
movement and petition.
I have also written letters and made phone calls.

I have been pleading with everyone on this forum for more than two years now to Never
leave their baby outside without them as the theft of dogs and cats for brutal reasons
has quadrupled in the last few years. It you read the thread I posted -
"Though Our Furbabies Lives are Short There are Some Things We Can Do..." has many things listed
to help keep our babies safe.

Thank you for posting this and caring about Kiya - Puppy Doe!

Susan
Quote 0 0
PeteyLover
I don't think I've read it but can imagine. The way I look at this is there are many great pet lovers on this website. It's taken me some time, 4 months to be exact, but I think I'm ready to adopt and save another life. Geeze, I'm already in tears. Part of me feels like I only want my Petey back and no other, but than there's the other part of me who knows deep in my heart Petey would want me to save someone else like I saved him. Here sits a great home with wonderful parents who have room for more. So I have begun looking for a life to save again. If only we could all do this, just think how many more homeless and abused animals out there would not sleep on the streets, be abused or be put to sleep. I don't think my grief from loosing my little boy is ever going to end, but I don't want it to cost another great dog its life either.
Quote 0 0
JOWE
Thank you Heartsick and Peteylover for your responses. I care so deeply for animals that i cry myself to sleep when I hear stories like this. I only hope there is a special place in heaven for dogs like Kiya. Too many people get pets only to discard them after a short time. Would they discard a child? A pet is a child. Shame to all those involved with Kiya's sad story. Just when I thought I could not hear any more horrific cases of animal abuse a story like this comes along. When is our government going to wake up and give these crimes the punishment they deserve. Jail time isn't enough for this sicko. Hard hard labor for 5 years along with jail time would be a start since we cannot torture them like they tortured this poor innocent dog.R.I.P. Kiya. Many who didn't know you would have given you the love you deserved
Quote 0 0
Heathernicole17025
Lighting a candle for Kiya and all the poor animals who never get justice!!!
Heather Johnson
Quote 0 0