Bono1983
Just thinking about all the fur babies i have lost( bobby. Macgyver, oortjies( translated to ears in english) , Bono. Even my feather friend and hamsters!

Thank you so much for this forum! And all the folks sharing their experiences across the world.
Quote 0 0
LisaAndy
Wow, that is a lot of losses. You must have had lots of joy with all those pets!

Andy was the first pet I have ever lost, and I'm 57 years old. My parents never let us get a dog or a cat. When I was in High School I snuck a kitten into my room where I was able to keep it for a 2 days before my mom found it. Then she took it to the pound! When I was 43 I got my first dog, Skippy. When I was 47 I adopted my second dog, Andy, and became the "crazy poodle lady". I also do quite a bit of dog sitting in my home. Sometimes I will look around and think I never had a pet and now look, 5 dogs in my living room!

However, when Andy died 6 weeks ago-- this is the first time I have ever lost a pet! I've always knew it was sad but this is the first time I've every experienced this myself. And he was an angel in dog fur. 

It's simply terrible.  Now the first dog I ever had Skippy is now 14 1/2 so it won't be long for him either.  :(

Quote 0 0
Bono1983
My hamster was called skippy! I loved him to bits! Sorry to hear about your Loss. What happened to Andy?
I also have another furbaby with me. And yes his 14 years and I am also aware that time is running out....fast. But I am him with attention and love. Thats the best we can do.

I am glad that you are now able to experience the love and hapiness pets can provide. And hope that the future will hold much more love and hapiness. All the best for you and skippy!
Quote 0 0
LisaAndy
What happened was that Andy he developed a growth in his colon/rectum and they tried 3 enemas which worked for about 5 days but then he could not pass any stool. The last 2 days all he did was his cute little spin around but no poop would come out. Every five minutes he would try to poop. He was tossing and turning all night and could not get comfortable. I took him on Sunday to the ER vet and he said these growths grow very quickly and there was no space for the poo to exit. It was a blockage. He said since the dog was 13-14 and also had a heart murmur and a spinal disk problem they really could not advise surgery to cut out this growth. They said more enemas would be painful and would not help very much. Plus he felt other growths in the abdomen. These growths are usually benign, but he was in so much pain not being able to go potty. What makes me so mad is why there could be nothing done to help him! Nor to make him more comfortable.  I made the decision to leave that ER and spend a few last hours with him and bring him back to be euthanized because I didn't want him to spend another night like this in pain.
He really did not seem like an old dog and before this happened was very energetic and happy. He was not ready to go.

My other dog (the black poodle) is now 14 1/2 --he sleeps a lot and has trouble with his legs, his knees are locked up with patella problem and arthritis but otherwise he is in good health. But I see now I can come home one day and he could be close to death. Andy was fine 2 weeks before he died so I didn't expect it.

Here is SKippy (black one) and Andy (white one who passed away on 7/23/17)

My Puppies.jpg
Quote 0 0