Lamont
Our cat, Bertie loved this kind of day. Sunny, warm, breezy.  I'd open the windows up and let the breeze blow through the house, she'd find a nice sunny spot or a perch at the window to keep an eye out for critters or birds in the yard.
I am still missing that little girl, but not so consumed as in the first couple of weeks. I know that it's better that she's not in pain, or in distress now, but it's still not the same world without her in it.

Hoping the day for you all is better than yesterday. It is for me, a little at a time.

L bertie_sunbathing_on_rug-smaller.jpg 
Bertie's Daddy
Quote 1 0
PeppermintPatty
Awwwwww. What a cutie pie.

I know what you mean that it's not as all self-consuming as it was in the beginning. But I can still break down crying in a heartbeat if I think about my angels. And, you are right ... the world is just not the same.

Take care.
Quote 0 0
Sandilee
I understand completely, almost 5 weeks since I lost my sweet Siamese girl, Lucy. She is missing the spring weather. I miss her every single day and cry for her every single day. It will never be the same without her. 💔
Sandi
Quote 0 0
PeppermintPatty
Cats on rugs ... 

Lara On Rug3.jpg 
Why did they have to go? :(
Quote 1 0
RileysMom
I know exactly what you mean, Lamont...
Val
—Loving Riley, Rosy & Axl always 🐾

Quote 0 0
Lamont
Those cats, love them some rug!

Bertie's Daddy
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I love Bertie soaking up the sun like that. Gorgeous!

Love them some rug. *smiles*

Hearing you also, Peppermint Patty.

Hoping everyone has a gentle day.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Hi Lamont,
Your Bertie is quite the beautiful girl, and she looks so happy and content in the picture you posted. My little PT used to love to lay on the windowsill and enjoy the spring breezes, and to sleep on the rug and bask in the sunbeams. It was just the kind of day here also that she would have enjoyed, but I know she is safe and happy now with her brother Jasper, free of pain and hurt, no more suffering or sickness. I am sure she is bounding around those rainbows with such spirit and happiness, as is your Bertie.

I am so glad to hear you are doing alright, and are not so consumed with grief as in the first weeks, those first weeks are unbelievably hard, no way to describe the sadness and emptiness. I am taking it one day at a time also, and finding out that acceptance does give you a bit of peace in your heart. I cannot be in denial any longer, my sweet girl left on her own, to spare me the pain and heartache of finding her gone, my dear little PT, not as big as a minute, but with such tenacity and courage. Your words are so true when you write how your world will never be the same. My world will never be the same without my dear little one in it.

I appreciate your replies to my posts, your words truly helped me to navigate this journey of grief, a journey that no one should have to take alone. It is good to hear that you are feeling a bit better, a little bit at a time, and your sweet Bertie must be so proud of you. You can tell that she knows how much she is loved and cherished, and I know she can feel your love even now. No time or distance could ever break the bond we share with our beloved pets. I hope that the coming days are filled with hope and the new beginnings that springtime always seems to bring. I know that you will keep the light and love that Bertie left with you in your heart forever. You know, they are not that far away, only a breath and a heartbeat. Take Care Lamont, and please know that you and your sweet Bertie are in my thoughts and prayers for all things good, and all things bright, and all things beautiful. Thank you for your friendship on this forum, I am truly grateful.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Lamont
The really sharp pain is fading, finally. Still miss that little girl, but am grateful for the time we shared with her. It is a precious collection of memories, feelings, good times. But it is a steep price to pay when they leave earlier than is "fair". We were hoping she'd be a 20 year cat, so saying goodbye when she was relatively young, at 11 or so seemed way to soon.

L
Bertie's Daddy
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I am hearing you on how much it hurts you that Bertie's expected life span was shortened. It was the same on my end. I think that's part of the shock, that our expectations went unmet and were dashed instead. 

It's good to hear that the sharpness is no longer as severe, pain-wise. I hope that more and more relief is on the horizon for you!
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0