Wolfsrule16
Our cats has oral cancer and the cancer has won :{ after a long discussion we decided we are letting her go Wednesday morning. Im calling the vet tomorrow to set the appointment for euthanasia. We have enjoyed her for 8 years and have spent precious time since her diagnosis two weeks ago. I dont know how im going to handle this....I will have to try not to cry on the phone tomorrow. I know in my heart it is time for my sweet Pansy to cross the Rainbow Bridge.  Pansy.jpg 
Quote 0 0
George
Pansy is such a beautiful little girl.

I cannot give you any strength or advice to take the pain away. I would just cry and cry often. Let the emotions flow remembering your friend. She knows you are her best friend always and wants you by her side to walk with her part way.

Our buds depart us in many ways. None are easy. If you read the feelings from others who have lost their friends, it just seems there is always such great pain. But that is why we are who we are. We are special people for our special friends.

I will think of you on Wednesday and hope that you understand Pansy will no longer suffer. She can't understand the cancer, but she can understand your love.
"Fly Free My Little Too"
Quote 0 0
bartlett
To Wolfsrule16: How sad to know that Wed. will be your last day with your sweet Pansy. My heart aches for you as I've just recently had to do the same with my Chester man, a dachshund I've had for 13 years. Just unbearable and I don't think there's anything that can change that, but being able to express your feelings here among those who feel the same makes it a little easier. George put it very well in saying she can't understand the cancer, but she can understand your love. Will be thinking of you on Wednesday as you bid your girl goodbye.
Joan (Chester's mom)
joan bartlett
Quote 0 0
shantismom
I know the pain you are feeling.  Love little Pansy as much as you can for the next few days and know that what you are doing is just as great a gift of love as any other you could give her.
She is such a beautiful girl, my prayers will be with you.
Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
danzey
Wolfsrule16...........This will be the worst part for you (the waiting till Wednesday).  On Wednesday, you'll be stronger then you think.  Your giving Pansy a whole new life, something no vet can do (but you can), you have that power; the power to be Pansy's hero.  My advice is to explain to Pansy what will happen.  Suddenly she'll feel better, that she'll have so many friends she won't know who to play with first, she'll be able to climb the tallest trees and run as fast as she could without having to stop.  For me I told mine to run (to run as fast as they could) and not look back.  Tell her you won't be there with her, but that she can visit you anytime.  Ask her to send you a sign!  You might want to clip a bit of fur (to keep).  Mostly, celebrate Pansy.................danzey
Quote 0 0
camunki
yes, Wednesday will be a hard day, a very hard day....no one likes to "know' that their pet will no longer be with them physically, it is
heartwrenching. I have been thru 2 "transitions" this year, and my heart is still aching. Just know you baby will no longer be in pain,
and someday you will be reunited.....wishing you strength during this tough time..

Cam

Quote 0 0
BayernFire
We had to put our beautiful baby boy to sleep today, he was very sick, and in so much pain we couldn't stand it anymore...but now everything feels wrong and I am being told I'm too emotional for crying over my baby.

Wolfsrule16 ... I know how you must be feeling, and I'm sorry for what you must be going through, but then maybe your Pansy will meet my Marquis there and they will be buddies.
Quote 0 0
Wolfsrule16
I am so sorry BayernFire. Perhaps they will meet at the Rainbow Bridge. I almost cried on the phone today but im trying to be strong for her
Quote 0 0
bartlett
To BayernFire: How sorry for the loss of your baby. Often putting your baby to sleep is the ONLY thing you can do for them. You take their pain away and replace it with your own.
I can't believe anyone would fault you for crying over your loss. I only share my feelings with the few I feel understand. You need to feel your emotions if you are to ever heal and find peace. Those who don't understand have never known the joy and love that your pet has brought to your life but everyone on this site does. it's nice to have someone personally who understands but if you don't this is the next best thing.
Take your time and grieve just as you need to and don't let others interfere.
Joan (Chester's mom)
It's only been 12 days since I was just where you are today. Still crying.
joan bartlett
Quote 0 0
Lavendar
healing vibes
10 weeks ago I said goodbye to Buddha, his sister's goodbye was a 1 1/2 years earlier. With both of them I am dumbfounded on how I got through it with seemingly ease.  I was strong for them.  I didn't want them to feel anything was wrong, so mostly I managed to act like just another vet visit. Of course after it was over I couldn't fathom how I could be so causal about it.   It was the last act of love I gave them.
don't do too much, be kind to yourself.
Quote 0 0
BayernFire
Wolfsrule16 yes you have to be strong for her, our veterinarian said we shouldn't cry in his presence, cuz he would feel it, and that's what we did, and maybe yes they will meet there and play. Marquis lately couldn't even stand.

bartlett thank you for your kind words.
But honestly, I only told people who i thought would understand, and I feel so sad they didn't. Now, bless this site and everyone on it, who do understand. Joan, let me offer you the biggest virtual hug possible, maybe my baby will also meet yours there, he was so friendly. I cannot talk about him in past time...still crying.

Lavendar thank you so much for what you said and shared with us. I was the same at the vet, still wondering now how did I manage to be so strong at the vet's for him, but then I think it came naturally.
I am so sorry about Buddha and please allow me to extend the same healing vibes for you.
Quote 0 0
lauren_b_123
my thoughts and prayers are with you for the day ahead. just spend as much time as possible with your beautiful baby. not many people are as blessed as you were with that gorgeous little girl, so you should feel privileged to have spent the past wonderful 8 years along side her. I'm sure she loves you very much and I'm hoping that you find some comfort inside the events that are to follow. merry Christmas to your incredible family at this difficult time. x
Quote 0 0
rachbu
I just lost my baby, and your sweet kitty looks a lot like my Moe Moe, who is here missing his sister very much.

Your story breaks my heart, and i just want to know that I will be sending whatever strength I can muster your way tomorrow.

~Rachel
Rachel (Cuddles's mommy)
Quote 0 0