skuwik
I just returned from the emergency vet where I had to put my girl Emma down. She was 22 years old, and I had her for the past 18 years. It was just her and I and she was my world. I'm so sad, it feels unbearable. Emma had struggled with kidney disease for years, but I managed it with fluids and medication. I always thought that would take her. I woke up this morning at 3 am to her howling. She was unable to move her right hind legs. I took her to the vet and they informed me she had tumors in her chest and a blood clot had gone to her brain. I made the decision to have her put to sleep but this all doesn't feel real. I feel numb and can't stop crying. I'm all alone and I can't bring myself to pick up her food bowl. Please help.
skwuik
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Sarah I’m so very sorry and I’m sorry you’re going through this alone. This is a place you can come to and not be alone with this excruciating pain. We understand. Hugs,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Colzap
So, so sorry about the loss of your wonderful Emma. The love of a pet is unlike any other. I am grieving the unexpected loss of my dog Snowball who was only 11. It’s been 2 days now n it’s hard, really hard. I’m hoping that the understanding n support u r being sent from people on this forum will help u feel less alone.
Colleen
Quote 0 0
Kdp1981
My heart breaks for you. I’m so so sorry. I wish I had good advice to tell you. I hope everyone’s responses bring a little comfort.
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
skuwik:

My heartfelt condolences on the loss of your beloved Emma. I know that the pain is unbearable right now. When you feel up to it please post in this Forum so we know how you are doing. We all understand. You are not alone.

Warmest regards,

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Jezzi
Im so sorry for your loss. Please take care. X
Quote 0 0
skuwik
This is still so hard. Waking up and coming home to an empty apartment that was mine and her's for 18 years seems surreal. I am doing a little better, but I just miss her so much. I feel like I have lost a piece of myself and worry about her being alone, without me. I'll be ok, but this is really hard. My heart feels just broken.

Sarah
skwuik
Quote 0 0
Nessysmum
I'm so sorry for your loss Sarah. I had to have my beautiful girl nessy put to sleep on sunday and i feel so hopeless. Like Emma she had kidney disease but we had been managing it with medications and food. On Friday though she stopped eating and by Sunday her body shut down and she could no longer walk unsupported. The pain i feel is unbearable. Just know you're not alone in this. For me keeping busy and being out of the house is the way im trying to cope. The house feels so empty so I'm trying to not be in it very long.
Quote 0 0
Rocsnme22
I am so sorry for you pain. I put my baby down last Friday and I am still in a daze. The emptiness of the house is unbearable. I too find it hard to go home and be there. Sending hugs, please know you are not alone. I pray that you find comfort and strength during this hard time. I promise you that you are not alone. Next Monday night try the candle ceremony it brought some peace to my hurting heart.

Our babies are our world. We have to believe they are always by our side and they know how much we will always love them.

Take care,
Laura
Laura
Quote 0 0