johnreggie1
7 Year old Irish Setter from show dog stock. Beautiful, a bundle of love and enthusiasm, our constant companion and best friend. Took him in to vet yesterday with minor symptoms but today tests showed he was going into renal and liver failure due to an unknown infection. He went with a smile and a tail wag. We are in shock and just need to tell someone. Waiting for nightmare to be over but this is real. love
Quote 0 0
amanda
My thoughts are with you. I am so sorry for your loss and the shock it has been for you. Such a hole they leave in our lives. Blessed be to Patrick and your family. 

Amanda
Quote 0 0
exit30
I understand the shock you are experiencing, we recently lost our 5 year old kitty of a sudden death, he was not ill at all. To this day, we are numb and question why he was taken from us so young and suddenly, we will never get over this. I feel your grief and pain.
Quote 0 0
Tommyhunter123
johnreggie1 wrote:
7 Year old Irish Setter from show dog stock. Beautiful, a bundle of love and enthusiasm, our constant companion and best friend. Took him in to vet yesterday with minor symptoms but today tests showed he was going into renal and liver failure due to an unknown infection. He went with a smile and a tail wag. We are in shock and just need to tell someone. Waiting for nightmare to be over but this is real. love
David R. Gaspari
Quote 0 0
Tommyhunter123
It is very very hard i lost my beagle luckydog of 14 years to kidkney and liver failue, putting his to his final rest is the hardest thing i ever did!
david gaspari
David R. Gaspari
Quote 0 0
Rescuemom
So so sorry for your loss... know the feeling well...my precious Miles a 7 yo yellow lab was given arthritis meds was perfectly healthy with new blood tests and in 9 days he ruptured so badly we had no choice but to say goodbye! It creates a great hole inside...the shock is devastating and most folks don't understand...my heart breaks for you! Remember the great times...and know you were lucky for have him for the time you did!!

Tight hugs!
Quote 0 0
johnreggie1
Thanks to you all for understanding. You are really helping me. Has only been a day and a half. I guess I am numb and in shock but like it or not the world keeps turning and we all must put one foot in front of the other. John
Quote 0 0
lost1
I so sorry for you loss. It has been 2 weeks today that I lost my Trixie Dachshund after almost 13 yrs. She left behind her Daughter of 10yrs They never have been apart !  It is Hard but somehow we will get through it. Hope they find each other at the Rainbow Bridge and are having a good time playing and having fun. This site is very good to help !
Lost my ANGEL Trixie 13 yr old Miniature Dachshund 9:45 am 11 -6 -15 she had a heart murmur and her little heart went out 1 hour after I rushed her to the vet, I knew something was wrong. I had just got her and her daughter MUNCKIN of 11 yrs teeth clean and all shots for the year. I took care of my babies better than some take care of their own children! I have been crying for 3 days and have never felt this kind of pain and sorrow?? I had to put her in my deep freezer until I decide to bury her or have her cremated and a funeral? She changed my life for the better she gave me a reason to live and love. The BOND WAS SO POWERFUL! Her face and image is burnt in my mind and I cant stop seeing her each morning I wake up with the sweet face and wagging tail  and barking for her morning biscuit. I am in so much pain seeing her daughter grief as well I am doing my best to spend time with her and love her they have never been apart.
Quote 0 0
godiva
"He went with a smile and a tail wag."

Oh my goodness, that made me smile through tears. I'm terribly sorry for your pain. Please take good care of yourself and know we're here for you.

Much love,
Becky
Quote 0 0
Idahosmom
I'm very sorry for your loss. I know how devastated you must feel. This forum has helped me with my grief. Everyone's story is so sad; you can tell how deeply each person loved their pet and how devoted they were to them. I cry every time I read someone's entry. It's sad but so beautiful to know how others cared for their pet, their best friend, their companion, their true love. It helps to know that you're not alone; that there are many others going through the same thing. It gives me comfort that, in this forum, I'm with good people, people who love and care as deeply as I do.

Patrick will always be with you.
Quote 0 0
erinmcmi
So sorry for your loss. He knew you were with him. Thus the smile and tail wag. What a great way to end his time in this world. What a gift you gave to him. Take comfort in that. Let his loving spirit live on in your memory. My prayers are with you.
Quote 0 0
bindugirl
So sorry for your loss,  I lost my cat Dakota in three weeks time about a month ago.  I know how it feels.  Time helps the pain, but the loss is still there.  Feel better...
Quote 0 0