Geepers
Had to have my Beloved Rusty-Boy put to sleep Friday afternoon.  Hardest thing I have ever had to do in my 56 years.  He was 13 1/2, was my Xmas present of December, 2001. I have been crying off and on ever since Friday, have eaten hardly anything.  I haven't been able to talk to anyone about it in person, even this post is difficult.  I am devastated, heartbroken, and unbelievably sad.  Sometimes the tears come in floods and I can barely breath. 

I have been praying for Mercy from the Lord since Friday morning....can't imagine how bad off I would be right now without it...

Gregory X.
Gregory X.
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
Geepers wrote:
Had to have my Beloved Rusty-Boy put to sleep Friday afternoon.  Hardest thing I have ever had to do in my 56 years.  He was 13 1/2, was my Xmas present of December, 2001. I have been crying off and on ever since Friday, have eaten hardly anything.  I haven't been able to talk to anyone about it in person, even this post is difficult.  I am devastated, heartbroken, and unbelievably sad.  Sometimes the tears come in floods and I can barely breath. 

I have been praying for Mercy from the Lord since Friday morning....can't imagine how bad off I would be right now without it...

Gregory X.

Hi Gregory,

I'm so sorry for your loss of Rusty Boy. I had to put my Golden Retriever, Murphy, to sleep June 18 and you're right, it's the hardest thing in the world to do. I'm still reacting the same way you are right now, a month later. It's like tidal waves of grief that just keep coming and seemingly will never stop. I'm angry, grief stricken, shocked at what happened to him and the eventual outcome, not accepting what has happened (denial?), etc. It's part of what we go through after such a tragedy based on what I've read from others going through the same thing.

I don't know Rusty Boy's circumstances in regards to his passing, but I do believe he is at peace, playing happily with all the other furbabies at the Rainbow Bridge including Murphy, just awaiting our arrival when it's our time. Meanwhile, we are the ones who suffer so, like a total reversal of roles. We pay a real price for all the devotion and love we receive from our beloved pets when they're no longer with us. I find it quite helpful to write to Murphy every night here in his thread and get out some of the feelings I have about my devastation as well as many happy memories. It's somewhat cathartic and helps me work through a bit of what I'm feeling.

Again, my deepest sympathy on the loss of your beloved boy.

Blessings,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
MonkeysMama

Gregory,

I am so sorry. My heart breaks and is filled with sadness reading your post. 

I hope you'll come back soon and tell us more about Rusty Boy. 

I hope it'll help if you do.

Please just know I'm sorry. More than I can explain.

My heart was recently shattered too. I'm just so happy you had many years with your boy. I hope the days ahead get easier.

Sending love,
Angelena

Monkey
April 1st, 2011 - June 7th, 2014
Rest in peace my sweet baby boy, I can't wait to see you again.
Quote 0 0