jenniecd
I'm new to this forum. A friend recommended it on Facebook.
I had to put my Maltese down last night as she had cancer. I found out she had cancer just hours before I had to put her down. So the shock is enormous, and the grieving is awful. Tuli was fourteen and a half, and the most loving, joyous, adorable little Maltese. She lived with me in three countries, traveled all over the world, and was my side kick, lieutenant, companion, best friend. I lost my baby. I am glad to know there are people who understand how painful it really is. 
Jennie
Quote 0 0
Natcho
Unfortunately cancer is the number one cause of death in dogs, and as such, its a part of life.  I can relate to that feeling of helplessness after the diagnosis, and certainly share your pain.
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
So sorry for the loss of your beautiful Maltese.  I hope, in time, you can post pictures of her and share your memories.  There is no way to understand the grief from the loss of a cherished furchild unless you have experienced it yourself.  We here all have and your friend was right to have you come to this site.  Your furbaby took care of you and gave you that unconditional love and companionship that can only come from a gift of God.  They become a part of us, the best part of us and their loss is unimaginable. 
I loss my Lhasa Apso Dali over two years ago and I still speak of her and talk to her every day.  We are truly lucky to have them in our lives and the grief is worth the pain.  Grief her how you need to....whatever is best for you and don't listen to anyone else.  My girl was only 12 1/2 and would be 14 1/2 now, the same as your girl before she was called home.  Look for sigsn.....   What is her name????

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0