Shadow2020 Show full post »
Lrogers424
You will never be the same Jimmy, but you were not the same after Shadow entered your life. His love and devotion completely changed you as did his passing.  We are never the same after love and loss.   I know how it feels to live with that empty place inside your heart.  I lost my Daisy in July 2018 and I still miss her and feel her loss every day.  That it what is means to love so completely--someday you will grieve so completely.  You could not measure your love and you cannot measure your grief.  It is just there.  I will tell you that time does smooth out the very sharp edges of your pain.  You will someday be able to walk around with it like a smooth stone in your pocket.  It will have weight and always be with you, but it will be a pain that you can live with.  I am glad for the pain because it was preceded by such love.

Everyone's path through the pain is different and I did decide to adopt another dog several months after our loss.  Not many people understood and I was made to feel like I was trying to replace my Daisy.  Nothing could have been further from the truth. Daisy's impact on my life was so profound and she was so incredibly loved that I felt like I was sharing that love with another. It was tough in the beginning, getting accustomed to an 8 week old puppy is MUCH different than having a 12 year old pup.  We pushed through and I have no regrets, but it was right for me, and other people may need more time, less, or may never want another.  Each decision is the right one for that person and no one should tell someone else when the right time is, if at all.  My Luna is a spunky little gilr who brings me great joy and now at 1 1/2 years old, she has become my devoted little companion.  She is not Daisy, she is Luna and her own little being.  Daisy will never be forgotten, will always be loved and will be forever missed

Take care of yourself and I am here to listen and understand.
Lori, Daisy's Mom and now Luna's Mom
Quote 1 0
Broken1
Lrogers424,
 I lost Baby not Shadow but I know who you meant. Your words are VERY kind and I appreciate it,whole heartedly! As far as getting another dog I still have Baby’s brother (litermate)Joey and his 3 month older half brother (same dad)Magoo.Mom and I are not going to do anymore dogs, we love too hard and we WORRY way too hard,our boys are never EVER left alone, if company comes and they want to do dinner or let’s say go to the fair (my house in mount pocono Pa. has a bunch of fairs during the summer) shell stay home and tell me  “go” and If its like dinner or something,ill say “go“ and ill stay home.I can count on one hand how many times they were left alone,I’m talking less then a hour...

your broken friend,
jimmy 
Ill never be the same...
Quote 0 0
Poshpaws86
This was so beautiful that it gave me hope. I lost my dog yesterday and hope to feel what you describe one day. Thank you for sharing these words.

Lrogers424 wrote:
You will never be the same Jimmy, but you were not the same after Shadow entered your life. His love and devotion completely changed you as did his passing.  We are never the same after love and loss.   I know how it feels to live with that empty place inside your heart.  I lost my Daisy in July 2018 and I still miss her and feel her loss every day.  That it what is means to love so completely--someday you will grieve so completely.  You could not measure your love and you cannot measure your grief.  It is just there.  I will tell you that time does smooth out the very sharp edges of your pain.  You will someday be able to walk around with it like a smooth stone in your pocket.  It will have weight and always be with you, but it will be a pain that you can live with.  I am glad for the pain because it was preceded by such love.

Everyone's path through the pain is different and I did decide to adopt another dog several months after our loss.  Not many people understood and I was made to feel like I was trying to replace my Daisy.  Nothing could have been further from the truth. Daisy's impact on my life was so profound and she was so incredibly loved that I felt like I was sharing that love with another. It was tough in the beginning, getting accustomed to an 8 week old puppy is MUCH different than having a 12 year old pup.  We pushed through and I have no regrets, but it was right for me, and other people may need more time, less, or may never want another.  Each decision is the right one for that person and no one should tell someone else when the right time is, if at all.  My Luna is a spunky little gilr who brings me great joy and now at 1 1/2 years old, she has become my devoted little companion.  She is not Daisy, she is Luna and her own little being.  Daisy will never be forgotten, will always be loved and will be forever missed

Take care of yourself and I am here to listen and understand.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote 0 0