treynolds
On saturday evening, my baby of almost 15 years had to be put to sleep. I feel like i'm dying inside! this is so painful, but i was directed to this site to help me try to curb the pain.
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
You will find that you are not alone.  There are many of us here who are experiencing the same excruciating pain.  These babies weedle their way into our hearts and then we lose them only to leave sadness and bittersweet memories.  I was told once that the tears you cry brighten the path for our beloved babies to see their way to the Bridge.  I figure Ted, my beloved companion who died on 7/7, must have had a beacon.  I am now to the point where I can think about him and even talk about him without crying.  I still miss him every day.  I know the pain you are feeling seems almost unbearable.  I don't really understand the why's of these situations.  Just know that you are not alone.  When you feel up to it, please come back and tell us more about your precious companion.  It really helps to talk about it, even with people you don't really know.  You might even consider making a memorial page.  Please visit Ted's page.  Seeing and reading my journey through the pain may help you.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Treynolds,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved furbaby.  I know the pain is so intense.  It's a horrible decision to have to make when we have to put our babies to sleep.  I know it is.  I had to make that decision for my Tootie on Sep. 4.  She was only 10 years old.  It does feel as if a part of my heart died with her. 

It has helped me a great deal by coming to this forum.  I've met many caring, loving people here that have helped me begin the healing process.  I know it's still so fresh for you.  The pain is so raw for you and I'm so sorry you are having to endure it.  My heart goes out to you, Treynolds.

Sincerely,

Sherry
Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
TxGuy
Treynolds,
So glad you found this site. I had to put my baby to sleep on October 1. I have found healing and a listening ear here. I hope you find the same love and dignity on this site that I have found. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Quote 0 0
erica212
I am so sorry for your loss. I too just lost mine on Wed. Oct. 13 and i know what you are feeling. You have come to the right place. The people in here know how you are feeling too and they are great people. Keep in touch in here. It does bring some comfort to you even when you think that isn't possible

Again, i am so sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with you,
Erica
Quote 0 0
Polly
I am so sorry for your loss. The decision you had to make is one of the most heartbreaking things pet lovers have to go through, a truly impossible decision. I too had to make the same decision and I still remember it like it was yesterday, even though we are approaching a year.

This place is such a comfort. There are people of all nationalities and from all walks of life here who share a common bond...we all adored our babies, and we all know what you're currently going through.

Having been on this path for almost a year, I can say that time does make things easier, not right away...but in time you'll find you can think of your baby and the memories will be bittersweet, not filled with pain. You will never forget your little one, but you'll find he or she will inhabit a little part of your heart, where they will remain safe forever.  

Thinking of you.

Polly
Quote 0 0
laddy

I am sorry for your loss. I understand how you feel. I to had my 19 year old cat put sleep. It was my turn to be her best friend. You are not alone. I have found it very comforting knowing that I'm not alone. I have many days it hurts, I know that my Beloved Stormy is not in pain. This is a great site everyone here understands.  My heart is out to you. 

Quote 0 0
niki
hello
you are not alone here, i am so sorry you are experiencing this pain, i knowthe feeling so well and i am still trying to get over losing one of my beautiful cats who struggled with cancer. I had to let her go on valentines day.
This is a place where you can write out your feelings, the pain is sometimes too much to bear but knowing you are not alone..helps it a little

god bless
Niki
Quote 0 0
slotaddict

I feel you pain, my Kayla, my baby of 16 1/2 years has been gone for 16 days.  It does not seem that long, I am glad that I found this site and hope to draw strength from all of you on this site.  I hope you can find peace, and always remember the love because thats where the memories are...

Quote 0 0
judylinn

so sorry for your loss. the pain is so hard. My prayers are with you. Judy

Quote 0 0
KimK
I am so sorry for your loss. 

I lost my baby Rae on Oct. 4th due to an accident.  We only had her for 5 months, but I loved her so much.  It's been a long month so far. I was blessed to find this site and grieve with others who understand.

It will take some time.  Cry when you need to, take time to yourself when you need to, and come here when you need us, we are here for you..

Peace,
Kim
Quote 0 0
Rottiesmammandaddy

We are so sorry for your loss, the pain in the beginning is so mind boggling, it's unbelievable. We lost our Rottie 10/5 and these last almost 3 wks have been the lonliest we've felt. Our pain has lessened some, mostly due to the people here that have supported and helped us understand that we are not alone.  We hope you will find some solace here at the Bridge, and share with us the many memories of your baby. God Bless you.

In Loving Memory of Rottie, our baby boy
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/ROTTI002/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0