Frances
I just came back from the cat doctor after having to put my Lexi to sleep. She was five years old and was diagnosed with a bladder tumor about three months ago. She stopped eating a few days ago and her tumor had spread. I did all I could to encourage her to eat and made sure to keep her as comfortable as possible with her pain meds and anything else I could think to do. I was with her every minute I could be.

I adopted her in July 2017 from a local rescue group. She had been fixed so when found on the street, they assumed someone abandoned her. It was love at first sight when I saw her in the window. When I first met her she immediately started excitedly walking around me and rubbing against me. The girl at the pet shop (where they do many rescue adoptions) said I was the only one she had done this with. She bonded with me instantly and loved me so much the same way every day I had with her. I had a very special bond with her and she snuggled right into my heart.

I know that it was the right time and the best for her but I am heartbroken and unspeakably sad.

I have another kitty who has been so patient when I was giving Lexi most of my time and attention. I will make it up to her now. Lexi was my third kitty that had cancer. It always is one of the worst days of your life. I told her we would be together again and no one will separate us after that. Tearfully.
Frances Lyndt
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Frances,

I am very sorry for your loss of your beautiful, sweet Lexi. Clearly you loved her and had a very special bond with her. I am very sorry you did not get more time with her. I feel that pets, especially special ones like Lexi, reach a part of our heart that others never do. I hope fond memories and your other cat bring you comfort at this difficult time.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
Frances
Jan, thank you so much for your kind words. They really mean a lot to me right now.
Frances Lyndt
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
You are welcome. Like you I lost my special boy, Jagger, to cancer in June. And, like you, I am now spending my time with my remaining boy, Tiger. It does get easier and it is comforting to me to have Tiger around. And Tiger now enjoys all my attention.

Jan
Quote 0 0
Frances
Dear Jan,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss of beloved Jagger. June seems just a very short time ago. I am sending heartfelt condolences for you and your beautiful boy.

Now, you and dear Tiger have your precious time together. Lexi was the third kitty I lost to cancer and each time I had one other kitty at home. I realized yesterday how grateful I was to still have Cecily rather than to come home to an empty house and I'm sure you feel this way for Tiger.

It is so very comforting to know that there are others who understand the pain you are going through. Those like you, whose heart and soul belong to their pets. I am most grateful for you kindness over this weekend.

Perhaps Jagger and Lexi are meeting in the most beautiful, loving place there is. I would very much like to think they are.

Wishing you a peaceful heart,

Frances

Frances Lyndt
Quote 0 0