Prebee
7883769F-61B9-4231-99CD-E7A5D6A8B9B3.jpeg  Two weeks ago, we thought Calvin (6yo mini Goldendoodle) had a pulled muscle. Today we had to say goodbye Because of bone cancer. Our vet told us 8 months ago he just had bad joints. My wife and I (and 3 young kids) took Calvin everywhere with us. Never imagined it could hurt this badly. Hoping it will get better, but I just don’t know how. I know we have three happy, healthy kids, but Calvin was with us from the beginning and was taken way too soon. We are not sure it’s something we can ever get over. So happy this forum exists. If for nothing else, just so I can vent to others. My wife and I are really struggling.
Quote 0 0
LaylaForeverinmyHeart
I am so sorry for your loss, that is truly devastating. My heart aches for you. I just lost my baby girl a little over 5 weeks ago, she meant everything to me. They say time helps with the pain, it hasn’t gotten easier so far. May God give us strength during this difficult time. My coworker had a similar experience with his 8 year old dog recently, he ended up getting another dog not too long after that for the kids and so that the house wouldn’t be too empty. He said it helped a bit. Not sure how, I couldn’t even imagine. Again I am so sorry for your loss.
Yana 
Quote 1 0
Prebee

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. I’m so sorry for your loss too, Yana. I hope you find peace. Everyone is different, and maybe I will have a change of heart, but I can’t even think about getting another pet right now and cry every time my kids bring it up (they are very young and don’t quite understand). 

No sleep last night, I tried to think about the good times, but just kept thinking that he is actually gone and won’t come back. Then, coming down to the kitchen this morning without Calvin is gut wrenching.  

Quote 0 0
Pivoboy65
So very sorry for your loss. We lost our dobie, Ruby two weeks ago to a heart condition that we knew she had. She was 10 but it doesn’t really matter how old they are , the pain is horrible. We were doing better but yesterday my wife and I both starting crying in the kitchen. Who knows what triggered it but we know we have a long way to go. Funny but my wife was researching dogs with the least health issues and golden doodle came up .we have had  3 dobermans in the last 20 years and all had some sort of health issue. I guess they all do. Take care of each other through this tough time. It will get better.
David becak
Quote 1 0
miasara
I'm so sorry for your loss. My sweet 3 year old pup died 5 months ago and while time lessens the grief somewhat, I am still very sad. My Hazel had multiple chronic painful debilitating illnesses and a possible rectal cancer diagnosis. She couldn't sit or go to the bathroom without pain. She was declining rapidly. I can rationalize and know euthanizing her ended her pain and suffering. I like to think of her running in a field, swimming, catching the tennis balls- all things she loved to do but hadn't done in a very long time due to he illnesses. Yet, I deeply miss my best friend. She was always by my side. There are stages of grief and I have gone through all but acceptance. I get angry too- she was only 3, still a pup, an entire lifetime ahead of her. Friends say "get another dog" but I don't want another dog- I just want my Hazel back.  I'm not sure I have any great advice except go through the stages of grief, concentrate on the good memories, know that your dog is at peace now, keep posting here. Take care.
mia sara
Quote 2 0
P_Mom
I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Calvin. A loss at any age is devastating and unfair, but 6 (and mia 3) are simply unimaginable as we certainly expect and hope for much more time.  

Calvin sounds so loved by you, your wife, and kids and he had a wonderful home. It doesn't ease the pain of this devastating loss, but know you gave him the beautiful life he deserved. ❤

My husband and I are still completely lost without our boy, Patch, who passed 5 months 1 week ago.  I'm blessed to have had him 15 yrs, but it went in a blink of an eye.  Fortunately we have another boy, his best pal Sam, but also misses his brother.  We console each other the best we can.  It's the only thing you can do and honor our loves with talking about them and keeping their memories alive with photos and videos.  

Maybe when the time is right you can work on a photo album with the kids to remember Calvin.  Shutterfly is a great site for this.  Sending love and comfort your way and to everyone here. ❤ ❤❤
Jennifer
Quote 0 0
Pecan_mom

@Prebee
I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how you feel.  Our pets are big part of our family and every life.  They give us so much joy and unconditional love.  When they leave us we feel a big hole in our hearts.  

@PrebeeMy beautiful cockapoo Pecan passed away unexpectedly 18 weeks ago.  She was only 9 years old. She was happy and healthy all life except for occasional  Scooting and her sensative ears.  She was lethargic around 6:30pm and passed  away at 4am as soon as we rushed her to the emergency.  She was with me 24/7, she was my best friend, my confidant, my therapy dog, my walkinh partner.  We took her everywhere and adored her.  We don’t know the cause of death and so I blame myself for not seeing the signs, for not taking her to the vet sooner or more often.   I’m also ashamed because i think her early passing is because I didnt do my job right. She was so loyal and I failed her.  I miss her so much but unfortunately have  no choice but to learn how to live without her.  

I’m praying for you and your family.  Please take care of yourselves and allow yourself to grieve.  It takes time but hopefully someday our hearts will heal.  

Sp
Quote 0 0
Prebee

Thank you everyone, so very much. Today was my first full day without Calvin. A few times I didn’t think it was real that he was gone. Then it hit me again and I felt a dense grief and physical sickness that I’m sure you all know as well. I had someone today think I was silly for caring so much, and my wife and I just hugged for a long time and cried (again). I think it’s impossible for people to understand unless they feel the love of and for a pet like we all have, so I don’t blame those people, I just feel sad they have not felt the love like I had for/from Calvin.

Yana, David, Mia, Jennifer, and Sp, thank you for listening, understanding, and sharing. I’m very sorry for all of your losses as well. I hope each of you find some peace. We loved our pets and they all loved us. 

I did not think when I came here it would really help, but this forum has helped me so much. It will get better, I know that. You are all helping. 

Thanks again, 
Tom

Quote 1 0
Prebee
8E5871AD-7D99-44A1-B0D7-4DCD934A573C.jpeg 
Quote 2 0