numb Show full post »
Millie18
Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't clear regarding the breeder's attitude. It sounds like she knew there was something going on if she was giving him to a rescue. This doesn't make any sense to me and has me feeling suspicious about that breeder. 

Could you contact the rescue person and ask specific questions to put your mind at ease in case you needed to return him? Would that make you feel more comfortable? Do you think you would be able to come around if you kept the little guy? Sorry I can't be of more help to you. It's such a personal decision.

I lost my Millie just over 1 month ago and there is no way that I would be ready now. I would need more time to acclimate to my new situation 1st and to digest the past. I have had neighbors and friends come by with their dogs just to see how I feel about other dogs in the house. I'm ok with visits, but am not ready to start all over again with a new one. Training, socialization, vet visits. I'm feeling gun shy right now since the loss is just too fresh in my mind. I will in the future for sure.

I hope you will be able to find your answers soon.
Diana

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Quote 0 0
numb
I thought I was ready for another dog, not to replace my little girl, but to return the love she gave me to another deserving dog.  Now, I'm just unsure whether whatever I can give to the new dog is good enough for him because it seems that he comes with a lot more challenges that I was not anticipating.  Thank you for your words.  
Quote 0 0
Millie18
I completely understand. That will be my goal as well, to continue helping another dog, we just have to be ready to take on the new challenges.

Each next dog will have its own set of challenges after we have been so accustomed to our old routines, and then you have a pup with additional physical challenges. That's a tough one.

One of my dogs had physical issues from day 1 puppyhood. I did it for 11 years, but now that I'm older I don't think I would be able to handle it again. It's so individual. The fact that your husband has already become attached is a tough one.

On the flipside a new pup, even with all of the challenges could bring you so much joy and tap into your nurturing instincts, especially with the special needs. It's all dependent upon what you can and want to handle.

It's a tough call. 

I'll keep you in my prayers.
Diana

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Quote 0 0
Sharon01
Dearest Numb, your words describing Sophie were eloquent.  Perhaps because they are descriptive of how most of us feel, anguish, pain, despair not knowing where to turn.  Its' like being Sad, mad and glad!  The lonely feeling of realizing your baby is not there any longer for all the routine things you did everyday.  You were an awesome mom and I bet the bond shared with Sophie will never be broken.  I took my Bailey to the vet, handed her leash to the tech and she was dead two hours later.  Had I know we could have given each other hugs and kisses and proper goodbyes.  She had been vomiting over the weekend but other than that seemed her normal self. She had Pancreatitis.  I'm not mad any longer but choose to be grateful for having been given the best dog on earth.  I am so blessed to have had her by my side always.  Loving, fun, goofy and always loyal.  She was the love of my life.  So Numb, keep reading these posts (the people here are so kind) and you will begin to see the beauty you had sharing your life with Sophie.  It's not easy, give it time.  Today it is one week since my darling Bailey left for the Rainbow Bridge.  She died August 14, 2018.  Part of me died with her but I truly am grateful to have had her in my life!  Hang in there.
Baileys Mother

Quote 0 0
numb
Sharon01 wrote:
Dearest Numb, your words describing Sophie were eloquent.  Perhaps because they are descriptive of how most of us feel, anguish, pain, despair not knowing where to turn.  Its' like being Sad, mad and glad!  The lonely feeling of realizing your baby is not there any longer for all the routine things you did everyday.  You were an awesome mom and I bet the bond shared with Sophie will never be broken.  I took my Bailey to the vet, handed her leash to the tech and she was dead two hours later.  Had I know we could have given each other hugs and kisses and proper goodbyes.  She had been vomiting over the weekend but other than that seemed her normal self. She had Pancreatitis.  I'm not mad any longer but choose to be grateful for having been given the best dog on earth.  I am so blessed to have had her by my side always.  Loving, fun, goofy and always loyal.  She was the love of my life.  So Numb, keep reading these posts (the people here are so kind) and you will begin to see the beauty you had sharing your life with Sophie.  It's not easy, give it time.  Today it is one week since my darling Bailey left for the Rainbow Bridge.  She died August 14, 2018.  Part of me died with her but I truly am grateful to have had her in my life!  Hang in there.

Sharon, I am so sorry and thank you so much for your kind words.  The first 2 weeks were the hardest for me and I am so sorry about the way Bailey left. I'm sure she knew you loved her always.  It's been such a rollercoaster of different emotions; first week, just numb, second week just angry and unable to accept what happened, third week thought I was getting better and then the fourth week, all the sadness and crying came back.  I still go to my other room where her urn is to say hi to her and to caress her hair everyday.  I keep reminding myself that she is happy now and is playing with her doggy friends.  I hope she met Bailey too. They took pieces of our hearts, but left so much more, I think.
Quote 0 0