Lilimarie
I thought starting a New Year would give me more peace and a new outlook, but now that it's here, I've realized I'm starting the new year without Benni. It's going to be hard. I love and miss him so much. Nothing is the same without you, my boy. Love you, Benz
Quote 0 0
Powders_mommy
I'm right there with you. .. :(
Quote 0 0
mcianchette
I almost dreaded the thought of a new year because it meant that our Winston died "last year", which made me face another reality in this very difficult journey.  It's the reality that our lives are moving forward without him.  Just a rough stretch for so many of us right now.  Our lives are out of balance without him, but taking one half day at a time seems to help.  I'm just so thankful that we have this place to come to, to share this heartbreak.  And beyond thankful that we had Winston in our lives for over 14 years.  Love you, Win...have fun with of all your new friends at the Bridge!  
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
I feel the same :(      And it's raining and dreary and I am restless.  I miss my Dali.  I feel the sky is crying with me right now.  I agree Winstons mom...I'm thankful to have this place to come to.  It feels closer to Dali here for me.

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
I understand fully what you are saying. It's a new year, but a new year without my precious babies. The weather is miserable, the nights are long and dark, and my babies are not here with me. They were always the best source of comfort and could always lift my spirits. January is a miserable month to start with, and even more miserable without my golden ones. I am exceptionally depressed today :( 

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Lilimarie
It is miserable weather. The kind you want to spend inside with your baby cuddling and playing games. Tomorrow is 2 months and I feel like the more time that passes, the more depressed I become. The hurt is so painful. I think it's due to the way I lost him. It' was a terrible accident and it happened while I was 5 minutes away at the store. I took my time walking around. Had I just got home 10 minutes earlier he would still be here. I know one day this misery will pass, but for now, I don't enjoy my life. It's sad. And i've had so much loss in the past year but he kept me smiling and happy regardless of all problems. I often ask " Why was he taken away when I needed him the most?" I hope everyone is a little better tomorrow. Love, Lili
Quote 0 0
mloylo0182
Coming home and cuddling with Sebastian on the couch was my favorite way to unwind. I don't know what I'll do now. I feel your pain and hope we all find some semblance of peace.
Quote 0 0
mcianchette
In my good moments, of which there aren't many right now, I keep hearing Winston telling me that he doesn't want me to be sad all the time.  He wants to know that when I think of him, I smile and remember all the love, comfort and companionship he brought into my life.  It's so very hard to do, but I'm working on it, as a way to honor him.  This journey is one half day at a time for me.  Some minutes are dreadful and full of loss, some are wonderful and full of gratitude that I had such an amazing animal spirit in my life for over 14 years.  Wishing a bit of serenity and comfort to everyone today.
Winston's mom 
Quote 0 0