Marie123 Show full post »
Sampson
Yes, Marie. She is the same! I think that Raven is near and hates seeing her mum so sad.. The love and connection never dies you know until we see them again. She will be right there with you through everything. What you felt on your birthday was real! So interesting how you described it as just being out of eyesight - that's it exactly! You have it! - don't question it. It's real - she is still here with you! :)
Sampson
Quote 0 0
Marie123
She actually gives me signs now and then. She had this tiny white tuft on her otherwise black belly and it was so cute. So every time I'd see one of those cottonwood seeds blowing around I'd say look Raven lost her tuft! It drove my friends nuts but oh well. Yesterday as my friend and I were leaving a restaurant I saw one of those seeds blowing around. I haven't seen one in a couple months, but the weird part was how it stopped in midair just as I walked towards it. Then it blew away (or vanished. I never saw it leave.) I don't think my friend believed it either!
The other sign was tonight when I was wondering if Raven had gotten to meet anyone interesting in heaven. Sure enough, while shopping for Halloween decorations I came across a picture of my favorite actor, Vincent Price, holding a black cat who looked just like Raven! Raven got her name from the Edgar Allen Poe poem, btw, and Price was in a lot of Poe adaptations, including one called the Black Cat. Turns out my tattoo artist is a relation of Price too! I like to think that maybe my sweet girl has an interesting new friend to look after her until i can join her at the Bridge. That picture was no coincidence.
Sorry for rambling. Sometimes this forum is the only place I can let off steam. It's just been a weird couple days.
Take care, everyone! 🐱
Quote 0 0
Sampson
Hi Marie, I believe Raven wants you to know that she is alright and everything is going to be okay. Seeing that seed blowing around and then stopping must have made you feel good. I love the Vincent Price story - doubtless she is making some wonderful friends! I really don't think it was a coincidence. Please keep sharing, so interesting!
S.
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Hi, Sampson! It's so true. I really think Raven is still watching over my friends and I. And I hope she gets to meet a lot of fun people while she waits for me at the Bridge. I'm a huge reader so I hope she gets to meet Sir Arthur Conan Doyle HP Lovecraft and Edgar Allen Poe as well! Maybe she and my friend's bunny Snoopy are even helping Harry Houdini with magic tricks for all the little kid angels. It makes me feel better to think everyone there loves her as much as I do!
Take care now! 🐱
Quote 0 0
Sampson
Dear Marie,
I'm quite certain Edgar Allen Poe will be taking a special interest in Raven! Someday she will tell you all about her adverntures and all of the people she has met and how could they not all love her? It's exciting to think of who she may know now, including many of your favourite authors... So cute what you said about Houdini! Raven and Snoopy may indeed be helping with him with an act. When I think of a beautiful black cat and an adorable bunny I would say they would be a perfect fit to entertain all of the kid angels!
Yes, I think your Raven is very busy but is also no doubt figuring out how to send her next message to send to her mum! :)
Sampson
Quote 0 0
Marie123
That's so true. I've got a feeling Raven's keeping everyone on their toes where shes at, just like she always did me. I'm sure theyre all having fun with her and taking good care of her 🐱
Quote 0 0
WasADogInAFormerLife
I too have found some solace Marie in looking at photos of TheeAdore when I brought him home from the pound, and at his healthiest...posted about this. The Velveteen Rabbit.
It hit me that TheeAdore died after he was loved...

But I also struggle with the dream of trying to remember TheeAdore, the way he would curl up with me, smile in the mornings...I want to remember these things so much but will I? Will it all fade? I have a few little video clips I made on my camera. I can't watch, tears me up but at least I have these. Pulling me on my skis, yes, and strongly. He loved it. My runner of a beagle. It's cruel almost, isn't it? The after as much as the death.

Your Raven was also freed by your love. Black cats, black dogs...they tell me they are not adopted as much. Isn't this weird? Sad?

Not for Raven who was set free by your love.

V
VM
Quote 0 0
Marie123
It's awful that black animals don't get adopted as fast as others. I'm some parts of the world you can't give away a black horse! People shock me with their ignorance at times.
Sometimes I forget what Raven was like before her illness, but it's actually getting easier to remember for some reason. How she'd crawl under the clean sheets and swat at me, making this weird Mars Attacks alien chatter the whole time (ack-ack-ack!) The way she liked to river dance on me at weird times of the night and how she'd hear me jangle her harness and leash and start chirping cuz she knew it was time for our nature walk. These types of memories can never be taken away. Don't worry, it'll get easier for you, too. We will never stop loving them, missing them, crying for them, but the fact that we gave them love, often when nobody else did, is such a beautiful thing. It's truly God's work, even when our hearts are broken into bits by their passing.
I hope you can find some peace knowing that we did right by these precious babies, all the way to the end. Blessings to you 🐱❤🐶
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Marie,
I have heard the same thing about black dogs not being adopted as quickly from a shelter. It's very sad to think about but I wanted to share this with you. We had our little rescue dog, Charlie (who is a light coloured Shih Tzu) at a dog park today. My friend commented that there were so many small lights coloured dogs there. Suddenly a little black dog showed up and all of the adults and even the other dogs were so excited to see him and gave him a royal welcome. It was very cute!
I'm so sorry for your loss! Raven sounds like such an amazing cat. I also think that she is enjoying herself: making new friends and having new adventures until you meet again.
Hugs, MJ
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Thanks to both of you. It's great to hear about the black dog getting such a welcome. I think people are getting less concerned about that type of thing, just in the last year or so even. Black animals just have such an awesome vibe to them. I've even got a black snail named Amaryllis! She rides on my glasses around the house at chore time. (My neighbors have branded me the village crazy lady, but not to my face, but oh well it's a badge I wear proudly.)
I try hard to be upbeat, just like Raven always was. It's harder some days than others. It's been almost 6 months and I just can't believe she's really gone. Halloween was our favorite holiday, and it's just not the same this year. But she gives me signs now and then, and I can move on for awhile again. We went to the Renaissance Faire in Wentzville here last week and I saw all kinds of things that reminded me of her. And I know she's made friends where she's at now.
Thanks again you guys for the compliments and kind words. It's means a lot to this village crazy lady.
Love to all here-🐱❤🐶
Quote 0 0
LisaAndy
These types of memories can never be taken away. Don't worry, it'll get easier for you, too. We will never stop loving them, missing them, crying for them, but the fact that we gave them love, often when nobody else did, is such a beautiful thing. It's truly God's work, even when our hearts are broken into bits by their passing. 
I hope you can find some peace knowing that we did right by these precious babies, all the way to the end. Blessings to you 🐱❤🐶

I love this quote, Marie. I hope I don't lose my memories. I mainly am trying not to forget his feel. He used to crawl up onto my chest when I was laying down. He'd be sitting down the sofa and I would pat my chest and he would slowly crawl up my body to get closer and then I would pet his soft ears and nose. I hope I don't ever forget that. And also how it felt when I picked him up. He had sort of a squishy moldable body. I just don't want the memories of the physical feel to fade. Sometimes I close my eyes and pretend the other dog is Andy, but he has a totally different feel so it does not work! I guess I just miss my sweet little buddy so much. I did give him the love he needed, every single day and his ten years with us was happy. After his rough start in life.  Good luck to all of you and I hope you are feeling better. I think I've sort of turned a corner these past few days. I think I am less in shock than I was, more like accepting that he is gone and need to carry on with things...sad though.
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Thanks Lisa! That's kind of me, too. The shock is gone, mostly, although it still sneaks up and bites me from time to time. Now it's just a dull ache. I doubt I'll ever be the same.
I agree about missing how they feel. I had a plush replica made that looks like Raven (but not so much it creeps me out!) But even though I cuddle it and even sleep with it, along with several other plush animals and my two other black cats, it's not quite the same. Raven's leg fur was so soft when she'd get up on me and "river dance " that I'd just have to kiss her legs and paws. I hope I never forget that feeling. Or how her tail felt when I'd take the end of it and give it a gentle shake when we were outside for her walk. Or even her claws when she'd had enough of my nonsense! It's amazing the things we miss, isn't it? And she was so jealous at first of one of my plush animals (I'm 43 and still collect them) she wouldn't get on my lap if I was holding it. Oh how she hated that stuffed snail at first! Later she just would lie on top of it, or push it out of the way. But there was never a dull moment with that girl!
I'm glad I could bring some comfort to you. I hope everyone is doing ok all things considered.
Blessings 🐱🐌🐊
Quote 0 0