Forum

Author   Comment  
Nettie1221

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello,
So I am having the hardest few months of my life. I have a young child (17months) 2 cats and a dog. 4 months ago our 3rd cat died very suddenly of a stroke at 8 years old. A month ago I took my youngest 4 year old cat in for vomiting and they discovered a heart murmur 2 weeks ago they diagnosed him with HCM. Which is a cat heart disease with a generally grave prognosis. As if that wasn't enough I brought my dog into the vet today for a lump and he has a mast cell tumor. They haven't done surgery yet. I'm just so sad these are my babies and they are sick and I'm worried and scared. How do you handle this? I still can't wrap my head around my dog having cancer. I'm really hopeful that the once the tumor is removed on the 9th he will be cancer free. Looking for well wishes and support

Jeanette
Millie18

Reply with quote  #2 
Jeannette

I wanted to check in to see how you were doing. You have so much on your plate right now. Have they done the surgery yet? When I received the news that my dog had lymphoma I felt like my world came crashing down. It's a lot to take in. I just wanted to let you know that there's support out there for you.

Sending you strength and hugs.

Diana

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Nettie1221

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you so much its status quo until Tuesday he will have it removed then we will know more
Millie18

Reply with quote  #4 
Ok. Crossing fingers

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
KrazyBoutCatz

Reply with quote  #5 
I have 3 cats, all rescues,who were diagnosed with 3 different types of cancer since April 2017. One thing that keeps me grounded is something that one of my good friends (who has been in cat rescue for about 40 years) recently told me: "Remember, no matter what happens, your furkids chose you to accompany them on their life journeys. Understand that this is an honor."
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.