karenorkibi
Our beautiful darling Jess, our nearly 2 year old golden retriever (her birthday 19th) died in the most awful tragic accident on Sunday night it was very traumatic and we and her Mum Meg are grieving, I feel like I have lost a child, I brought her home and buried her in her favourite place in the garden, She is everywhere for me, her bowl, her bed, all the destroyed teddies in the garden, I feel pretty rubbish right now
karen orkibi
Quote 0 0
Tatiana
Hi Karen,
You wrote to me about being in a similarly tragic situation.  I did respond back to you on my post but I wanted to reach out to you here on yours as well.  I don't know if I have any words right now that could possibly help you through the pain as I too am enduring the "rubbish" feeling but I do want to say how deeply sorry I am for your loss and how much I understand how you feel right now.  My father told me when my mother died, that "God only gives us what we can handle and the warrior in you will fight its way back in time."  I did, eventually, so he was right and I have to believe it now.  Although hard as it may be right now, believe that the door that just got shut in your face will open again or you will find a window and crawl out.  If you ever need to talk more...you have my post and can reach out if you need to talk through anything.  

Tatiana
Quote 0 0
karenorkibi
Hi Tatiana, thank you for your kind words, it means alot, we've had a few days to process the awful accident where we lost Jess, it doesn't really get any easier, the first few days were awful. She was such a young dog full of fun, she grew up in lovely farm with her Mum, waking up each morning without her beautiful smiling face, the accident was so random but very traumatic, my kids were present so it was quite a devastating thing to deal with, 4 days later it's still pretty brutal. I hope you are coping with your loss, I send you all my love and grateful thanks x
karen orkibi
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
Karen,

I am very sorry..... So young and a tragic end is heartbreaking.  You have come to a great place.  We are all here to lend support.  We have all lost a precious pet.  I’m still sticking around here.  Almost a year since my dog passed.  This forum has helped me....
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
karenorkibi
thanks, you're very kind, it certainly has been a rough few days, it hits you in waves when you least expect it, the worst for me is coming home and not seeing her jump up from her spot on the lawn, always elated to see you.
I know she is going to come back to me, I can feel it x
karen orkibi
Quote 0 0