Helena79

My heart is broken. I lost my best friend of 14 years on Wednesday morning. I’ve just been existing since. 

I am lost. I can’t bear that he isn’t here anymore. Everything is a constant reminder and I just don’t know what to do with myself. 

I can’t post a picture here either as it says the files are too big. 

Anyone out there feeling the same? 

Quote 0 0
Buddy_Mama
Helena, I’m so sorry for your loss of your Jed. I can see from your profile pic that he was a sweet, beautiful boy. Yes, there are many, many others here feeling the exact same things you are... it hurts so much, but it’s normal and natural. When we love deeply, we grieve deeply. I went through many days of feeling lost, empty, and without any purpose after I lost my Buddy in early March. I still have those moments, but thankfully not as frequently or as intensely.

Take things one day, even one hour, at a time. And take good care of yourself, even if you don’t feel like it. Get enough sleep, eat right, try to keep busy. It’s one of the things we can do to honor our lost babies, as they wouldn’t want to see us upset or suffering. Though it may not feel like it, you *will* get through this. Keep coming here to share, or just to read others’ posts. It really helps. Sending you hugs...
Cindy (Buddy’s mama)
My baby Buddy 5/4/10-3/7/20, rescued March 2011
My sweet Mandy 11/27/91-11/2/10, rescued November 1992
My beautiful Barney 4/28/73-9/7/92, adopted May 1973
Quote 0 0