JDsmom
I lost the single biggest sorce of joy in my day, home and life yesterday...my sweet loving friend and companion JD. I've had many pets throughout my years but he was special. There will never be another dog like him. When I was sick he never left my side, all I could see when I looked in those young but oh so wise eyes was the love he had for me. He trusted me and loved me unconditionally. I'm going to miss him for a very long time. He had such a grip on my heart I don't think it will ever mend. I don't understand why God takes away the most important ones in our lives. It hurts so much, no one I know has any idea about just how much my sweet little JD meant to me. They'll never understand. I'm a better person for having him in my life even if it was only brief. The best 3 years of my life. His two little adopted sisters and I will miss what he brought to our lives and home forever. I just want him back, instead I go pick up his ashes in a few days. It will never be the same.
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Please don't think no one understands.  Here we ALL feel just as you do or we wouldn't me here.  I am a chronic pain patient so in bed a lot.  My Molly was by my side every minute for 14 years and the loss is unbearable.  I only had Molly so no other fur babies to love and kiss.  I am so alone it isn't funny.  Everything reminds me of her.  I could go on and on and on but this is YOUR topic.  I just wanted to let you know that I really DO understand.

You had your "once in a lifetime pet".  It is hard to explain why one little one means more to us than others but if you spend much time here you will see that it happens.  I have had pets all my life, and loved them ALL, but none like Molly.  I can't explain that either, just know it happens.  

I am so sorry you are going through this and I have no answers either only questions.  Why do this little angels live such short lives when other animals seem to live forever? 

Please know that you have come to a place where everyone really cares and wants to help.  No one judges you here for whatever you say.  Take care of yourself and feel free to post pictures.  We all like to see these angels.  I know Molly was waiting for your JD and they are well and having fun together.
Birthday photo.JPG
janice
Quote 0 0
JDsmom
Thank you, that's why I came here, I had hopes of finding others that do understand. I just meant the people in my life just don't get it. JD was the most special friend and companion I've ever had. The love he had for me was apparent, it was in his eyes every time he looked up at me. He trusted me to take care of him like he did me and I let him down. I've had other pets but JD was different. There will never be another like him. For the experience I am grateful, but his loss has ripped out my heart. I have never felt such grief and emptiness as I'm feeling right now. It's been less than 24 hours and I have to go on without him, but I feel paralyzed to do so. It's tough when the people I look to for support aren't understanding. He did mean the world to me and I'm a better person for having him in my life even if briefly. I came here looking for support and understanding, even if from strangers, but everyone here has went through all the emotions I'm feeling so I know I reached out to the right place. JD had such a grip on my heart, and will live on forever there, but he won't be here for me to give him all the love he gave me so unconditionally. Not only am I feeling grief but guilt as well for not taking the care he so deserved. I loved him so much. I look forward to meeting a few others here that can share my feelings and hopefully we can help each other to one day finding a little peace and comfort for the hole our furry loved one left in our hearts and lives. Thank you for understanding, it means so much and I really need it today. I feel broken and my heart aches. I'm empty without my sweet little JD.
Quote 0 0
EM
God created all animals and loves them more than we could ever love them. God also cares for them better than we are capable of caring for them. I'm struggling with guilt like you are, however, we need to stay strong and have faith. In the human world no amount of time is ever long enough, just like no amount of money or deeds or victories or pleasures. Compared to God, I know that I could've never done a worthy enough job with caring for the animals that God has blessed my life with. Animals are different than humans, for they are blameless and perfect. Animals are innocent and have eternal life, God loves them. Read the Bible scriptures that are on one of the pages here on this website. They will give you calm and comfort and so much strength. When you read them your love will grow even stronger. I'll say some prayers for you.
Quote 0 0
Baumert81
I completely understand your pain and what you are dealing with. My once in a lifetime friend tragically got hit by a car 13 days ago. He was going to be 8 in September. Much like your JD, Hogan never left my side EVER! He was always my shadow. These past 2 weeks have been the hardest thing I have ever dealt with. The rollercoaster of emotions is exhausting. Luckily my wife who often described Hogan and I as pathetic (playful of course) when he would always cuddle up to my chest every moment he could, has been there for me since the minute it happened. She knows the relationship that Hogan and I had. I am thankful I have her here with me to get through this. There is definitely no grieving timetable that is for sure. I still have my meltdowns when I have a trigger.
Hogans Daddy
Quote 0 0
EM
Support from others does make things so much easier. It's a seemingly tougher challenge though when there isn't a support network. It's still difficult though regardless. Yet with that support you gain some interactive human comfort. Many of us don't have that.
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
JDsmom
I am so sorry for your loss. I can see how special he was to you. We are all here for you. We are going through the same pain In loosing our once in a lifetime babies. You are not alone. Keep writing on the forum. It helps. I had to put my beloved dog Sadie down due to renal failure on feb 18th. I could not of made it without the support of the wonderful people on this forum. I hope you can find some peace. Sending hugs.
Quote 0 0
JDsmom
Thanks to everyone that's responded with you words of care and understanding, believe me it helps, a little anyway. It's still so fresh and my emotions are hurt and raw. It's day 3 without my little sweet joyful precious JD. It's not the same. I took the day off yesterday and thought if I tried to stay busy I could escape the pain of losing him...it didn't work. I had to get ready to work today and it's even more difficult without him here. This is hard, I see him everywhere I go, pacing next to me ready to go through the day with me. He was so much joy, he added to my life in every way. The smiles he brought me everyday will no longer come. He was not waiting for me to come through the door or next to me when I drove to town. He's gone and that knowledge is so hard to accept. He was the best part of my days, nights and life. Sadly I must go on and go through the motions of life, but right now I don't care about any of it. Part of me went away when he did, the best parts. Oh my goodness how I loved him. Maybe I put too much responsibility on such a small little dog...The responsibility to bring his love and joy in my life and make it better, he didn't seem to mind. He took it on like it was his mission. My sweet loving little friend, you will live on forever in my heart, oh my goodness I loved you and forever will. I miss you so much and needed you, I'm lost without your presence, I just want you here, I need you today. I love you too JD.
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
jd's mom, I am so sorry that you've been put in the same situation we all are dealing with (at least, trying to the best we can).  all I remember of day 3 without my service dog roxie was the zombie fog I was still in, the expectation that I would still see my girl when I opened my eyes each morning to start our day and then the overwhelming hurt that hit me when she wasn't there for me.  none of us know the divine plan God has for each of us but I know that he shows how much he loves us humans by allowing us to care for his most precious creatures called pets but who most of us call "family".  gosh i'd like to say time heals but I think time just dulls the pain.  our hearts feel shattered and we pull away from anyone else mostly in our lives because all we want is for things to go back the way they were before.  last couple of days for me have been horrible again and all I can offer is the grief ebbs and flows much as the tides do.  sometimes the grief (while here as long as we acknowledge it) is managed and seems we almost have days where we can smile when we recall the memories our dear friends left with us; the funny ways they'd tilt their heads when we talked to them; their antics either good or bad which we always ended up smiling or laughing at; just the way they were by our sides constantly as if we had Velcro on each other and their unconditional love.  life isn't guaranteed to any of us and i'm trying so hard to take a page from my dear roxie's playbook of life - life the best darned day each day and don't worry about tomorrow.  gosh I really miss that girl but am trying to kick that darned grief that has held me down with tears and sadness and I know roxie would not want me to remember her with sadness and tears...but rather with a loving heart where she stored her love for me deep within before she passed and smiles and eventually laughter.  again sweetie, i'm so sorry for your loss.  many many hugs!
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
JDsmom
Thank you so much for the kind words of understanding. It means more than words can say. It's one week today that my sweet precious little JD left me. I'm just so so sad. All week I've worked late to avoid coming home, I know when I get there my JD will no longer be waiting at the door. I will no longer see the love and trust in those beautiful eyes. Nothing is the same without you here my friend. The days are so long, it gives me more time to miss you. I haven't slept good all week, you were always beside me. I had to take my monthly road trip yesterday, I cried on the way up and the way down. I took your disters, but it's not the same. My goodness I thought you'd always be with me to help make my days joyful, I'd give anything to have you back even for a few hours so I could tell you how very special you are.Id give years O my life to have you back. Your sweet disposition made me a better person. I couldn't have loved you more. I picked up your sweater and held on to it for a little while and my tears ran. My little JD, oh how I wish you hadn't left, you took a piece of my heart when you left. Thank you for loving me, I'm sorry I let you down
Quote 0 0
Evie123
I'm so sorry JDsmom, we all on here share and understand your pain my friend. Please don't beat yourself up with that big stick we've been passing around, you were the best mum and he adored you in return. It's so heartbreaking and the well of grief never seems to get any lower because we love our babies so much and so deeply. Cry, wail, shout, do all you need to express your sorrow. Sending you lots of love and hugs sweetheart. Xxx
Quote 0 0