Jasper7
I lost my baby 3 days ago suddenly he was only 7 and he loved us soo much , the pain is unbearable , I barely got out of bed and tried to eat today , I miss my jasper soo much all I want is to see him scratching on my door to cm into my room but I know that is not going to happen I feel for all you that have lost a loved one like I did 😪
Quote 0 0
jerigraehl
I am so sorry for your lost of your precious Jasper.  7 is was to young... I too have lost pets early. My first cat at age 4 and my dog at age 7. I lost my Tonkinese Cat Khaomanee - it will be 3 weeks tomorro.  This pain is indescribable and this forum is pretty much the only place where you can get support from other people who understand the depth of the grief. All we can do is let it take its natural course. I did not eat for 5 days. This past week I entered into a new stage of grief - I am so depressed I can hardly function, can't eat and I just start crying and sobbing all of a sudden. It is a good thing I live alone because I would scare someone right now. I scare myself.  I am worried about myself I am so out of control. I keep coming back to this site and trying to be supportive to others. If I can at least let you know you are not alone I have done something. I am so sorry for what you are going through. Khaomanee was 15 the longest living pet I have ever had.  I forgot how painful it is when they go. And all the circumstances that go with the loss. No matter what it just hurts so much. Don't let anyone tell you how long you should grieve. So many people seem to think that after a few days you should be all over it. That would make it easier but it does not work like that. Only time heals. I found it helpful to honor Khaomanee at the mon night candle lite vigil. I also have a memorial with his picture, his ashes and candles here at home. I can't even look at the pictures right now tho. It hurts too much. The pain in my chest just aches. I went onto my local animal shelter and looked at all  the pets who need homes. I am not ready. I was just trying to gain perspective. That lasts all of a few hours and I cycle back around. Bottom line is we want our pets. You want Jasper and I want Khaomanee. No other will do. We are grieving that special bond that is gone. There is no bandaid. I am sending you positive thoughts and my sincerest condolences for your very real loss and heartache. We are all here for you  on this forum. Keep checking in when you are in pain - it does help. Jeri
jerigraehl
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Deanna,

As Jeri wrote sweetie, you are not alone. We are all here grieving with you. Our hearts break for your recent loss. Welcome to the Rainbow Bridge forum despite the unfortunate circumstances.

I too lost my beloved. He was an orange and white tabby cat named "Marmalade." He was my best friend, my son, my brother, my only remaining family, my comrade in arms, my love and my light.

Like you and Jerri, I too am completely devastated. I have only eaten 1 meal a day for going on the better part of 3 months now. I have lost at least 30 lbs. All we can do is continue to travel through time, and allow our minds and bodies to process our grief. We all have a built-in healing factor. We just need to be gentle with ourselves, patient and allow it to do it's job.

I finally through in the towel, went to an Emergency Psychiatric Clinic this past Monday and obtained a prescription for the antidepressant Prozac, 5 days ago tomorrow. I was certain that I was not going to survive my overwhelming grief, regret, remorse and guilt for having put my boy down. So my Marmalade, even after he has passed, once again saved my life. I have never taken an antidepressant before, but probably should have been taking one decades ago.

I am hoping and praying that the medication helps. God gave me 1 more year with my lad. I knew him for 4.2 years and almost lost him in the Spring of 2018. But he pulled through by some miracle and we had a great year for the most part. But then again, any day with my Marmalade was a wonderful day. : ** )

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
Jasper7
Thank you so much Jeri , it helps to know I'm not the only one going thru a loss of a loved one I'm so sorry for your lost as well
Quote 0 0
Jasper7
Thank you for your support and understanding what I'm going thru, I'm too on antidepressants before he passed ,I am also seeing a psychiatrist from other issues tho -Jasper was always there to cheer me up when I was down it hurts so much that I couldn't take away the pain he was going thru all we could do was comfort him until he was no longer suffering, I pray the meds keep helping you as well
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am so very sorry for your loss of your sweet Jasper. It is so hard when the one that was always able to cheer us up is gone. You are not alone. There are many understanding and compassionate people here. Please feel free to post feelings, pictures and stories of your wonderful Jasper.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
Jasper7
Ok thank you I will
Quote 0 0